...with more RAM, and crisper higher resolution screen, and other improvements? Or likely not gonna happen?
    07-20-17 10:26 AM
    Don't think anyone here actually has knowledge about that. But I can tell you that was the original plan. But think the next device might be a budget device...
    07-20-17 11:50 AM
    The people who would know most likely can't reveal info about it.
    07-20-17 12:00 PM
    One thing BlackBerry refused to do in the later years was make a good device better, they always seemed determined to make too many completely different form factors, often leaving people with no obvious upgrade purchasing pathway.. meanwile spending way too much to develop and manage such odd HW portfolio.

Classic -----> passport? (nope)
    Z30 ----> leap? (nope)

One thing I hope TCL does is focus on making the KEYone better. Keep the general form but yes make the KEY2 even better. Perhaps like microsoft did with the Surface line.

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    07-20-17 12:07 PM
    Bigger screen and keyboard please!

Posted via CB10
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    07-20-17 12:19 PM
    I hope to see a KeyTwo and a Priv2, however I would only expect the former. I think a KeyTwo would completely be determined by the sales of the KeyOne. I do expect to see another slab in N.A. and Europe this year, along with a slab dedicated to the India and S.E. Asia market exclusively.
    07-20-17 02:34 PM
    One thing BlackBerry refused to do in the later years was make a good device better, they always seemed determined to make too many completely different form factors, often leaving people with no obvious upgrade purchasing pathway.. meanwile spending way too much to develop and manage such odd HW portfolio.

Classic -----> passport? (nope)
    Z30 ----> leap? (nope)

One thing I hope TCL does is focus on making the KEYone better. Keep the general form but yes make the KEY2 even better. Perhaps like microsoft did with the Surface line.

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    The classic came out after the Passport lol

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-20-17 03:04 PM
    A KEYtwo will depend on the success of the KEYone, still too early to tell but the KEYone appears to be selling well. I don't think we will hear about a KEYtwo until Krypton and Juno are released
    07-20-17 03:26 PM
    A KEYtwo will depend on the success of the KEYone, still too early to tell but the KEYone appears to be selling well. I don't think we will hear about a KEYtwo until Krypton and Juno are released
    Actually they have said specifically that it would not. But I'm sure plans can change so can't say for sure if it's still the plan...
    07-20-17 03:41 PM
    Actually they have said specifically that it would not. But I'm sure plans can change so can't say for sure if it's still the plan...
    Doesn't make a lot of sense tho for KEYtwo if the KEYone doesn't make money . Back to the drawing board I would assume.
    07-20-17 03:43 PM
    If they are making the KEYones in small batches, then I would think a follow-up KEYtwo would be possible. As long as they improve it....
    07-20-17 04:13 PM
    would love a slightly smaller keyone with trackpad/belt if possible
    07-20-17 04:25 PM
    maybe Passport 4
    07-20-17 04:43 PM
    would love a slightly smaller keyone with trackpad/belt if possible
    Agreed. Thinner, smaller, and a three row keyboard would be interesting. And if they stick with K1 form factor...better specs please!
    07-20-17 04:50 PM
    Don't think anyone here actually has knowledge about that. But I can tell you that was the original plan. But think the next device might be a budget device...
    It IS a budget device; just not budget priced...
    07-20-17 05:48 PM
    Sure, just don't expect it to be called a KEYtwo lol. Actually, the question you're asking isn't really the right question to be asking anyway. Should be more along the lines of 'Do you think there will be another QWERTY device?' but that's pretty basic and already known that they intend to release more. So yes. You'll see another QWERTY device, it'll have more RAM, it'll have a better screen, different processor, etc. But again, don't expect it to be called KEYtwo.
    fanisk, Jrox74 and Mike-Mike like this.
    07-20-17 05:52 PM
    Sure, just don't expect it to be called a KEYtwo lol. Actually, the question you're asking isn't really the right question to be asking anyway. Should be more along the lines of 'Do you think there will be another QWERTY device?' but that's pretty basic and already known that they intend to release more. So yes. You'll see another QWERTY device, it'll have more RAM, it'll have a better screen, different processor, etc. But again, don't expect it to be called KEYtwo.
    And more than likely a decrease in battery life

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 06:23 PM
    And more than likely a decrease in battery life

Posted via CB10
    Trade-offs. Bound to happen.
    07-20-17 06:24 PM
    KEYglue is KEYtwo I think we need the KEYthree
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-20-17 06:29 PM
    Well this is definitely good news!
    07-20-17 08:19 PM
    Agreed. Thinner, smaller, and a three row keyboard would be interesting. And if they stick with K1 form factor...better specs please!
    Why anyone would want to get accustomed to a proprietary keyboard layout still boggles my mind...
    07-20-17 09:51 PM
    Yes, Passport style keyboard would be great!

I'm grudgingly switching to a KEYone soon, but testing out a PRIV, I can't stand the traditional BlackBerry keyboard though. The alt key is where I expect the shift key and the shift key where I expect the alt key. The Passport or the old Nokia style like on the E71 would be far superior IMHO, and easier to use than the BlackBerry keyboard. Maybe it's what I'm used to, but I just can't get used to the PRIV keyboard. If I could remap the keys and swap the alt and shift, I might be able to make it work.

I tried to attach a picture of the E71's keyboard to show what I mean, but I can't seem to attach it, the BB10 app keeps giving an error.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 12:51 AM
    The alt key is where I expect the shift key and the shift key where I expect the alt key. The Passport or the old Nokia style like on the E71 would be far superior IMHO, and easier to use than the BlackBerry keyboard. Maybe it's what I'm used to, but I just can't get used to the PRIV keyboard. If I could remap the keys and swap the alt and shift, I might be able to make it work.
    Yeah, I still keep mixing up the alt key and the shift key... My right shift key is mapped as the ctrl key.
    07-21-17 01:17 AM
    I think the specs are fine, they should focus on making it an email/text machine IMO. cursor/belt would make it all that much more efficient. Slightly lower specs help with the amazing battery life also so its a trade off. BB needs to find their niche, they shouldn't be trying to make powerhouse multi-media phones.

My dream phone would be about a half inch shorter with the cursor/belt running Android and cost around $300.
    07-21-17 07:43 AM
    what about a bigger brother form factor like the Passport style screen and kb!?
    07-21-17 11:18 AM
33 12