First, I know about this thread (link), but I want to know if anyone has any updates.
    I tried to get video calling activated today and spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Verizon customer service. They tried activating video calling and got an error, 04684, on their internal system. Strangely, when I activate video calling provisioning on my phone through the dialer menu, the switch stays on, but there is no option in settings to enable video calling. HD voice works fine and has worked from day 1.
    Does anyone else have video calling working on a CDMA model? I'm thinking this may be a Verizon restriction to try to force people to buy Verizon-locked phones.

Edit: I called Blackberry customer support just to see if there was anything they knew of that I hadn't tried. Their suggestions were to activate video calling through the dialer menu (already done) and to activate an option, if there was one, in the phone app settings to enable video calling (I don't have the option listed).
    Last edited by mig909; 01-29-18 at 06:30 PM.
    01-29-18 06:09 PM
    So this only affects CDMA not GSM?
    01-29-18 07:18 PM
    I'm not sure if it affects GSM phones, I've got the CDMA version.
    I went to the Verizon store this evening and tried to get them to activate video calling through one of the locked phones they have their using my SIM card. The two employees I talked to were very insistent that "It's an unlocked phone so it doesn't have all the features an actual Verizon phone has." One did put my SIM card into a demo phone and tried making a phone call, but the video option was grayed out. When I suggested turning on video calling in Settings, she ejected my SIM card and said changing things in Settings wouldn't do anything since it's "just a demo phone, it won't let you make any changes." When I put the card back in my phone, I had a new option under Advanced Calling: "Activate advanced calling." I'm not sure if this is a result of putting the card in a locked phone or me downloading the My Verizon app. When I try to activate through that option, it attempts to activate the service, but then gives an error: "We encountered a problem activating Advanced Calling 1.0. Please try again later."
    I think if I could get it in a locked phone for more than 30 seconds with a person who was actually willing to let me touch the phone I might be able to make some headway, but for now this is as far as I've been able to get. Hopefully someone else has had better luck than I have.
    01-29-18 11:19 PM
    First off, no Verizon branded phone is locked. Second, I had my SIM in my Z Force for most of a year, before putting it in my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Video calling is not an option for BYOD phones on Verizon. It won't work, period.
    01-30-18 07:23 AM