Today my sreen became loose and since I read a lot of bad stories about Blackberry support I was wondering why not add glue yourself or let a local repair store do it. It should be the same as blackberry does I guess?

It's a job of a couple of minutes. So no need to sent it away.
    11-22-17 05:04 PM
    Today my sreen became loose and since I read a lot of bad stories about Blackberry support I was wondering why not add glue yourself or let a local repair store do it. It should be the same as blackberry does I guess?

Do NOT use glue. There's a special two-sided tape that is intended to attach screens to the body. Amazon sells some. Folks have fixed it themselves. But a few have gone to local cell repair shops and had it fixed. I think one guy found a place that did it for free.

Good luck. Keep it tapes so that the cable does not tear.
    paulyeo likes this.
    11-22-17 05:33 PM
    You could try Scotch brand removeable double-sided transparent tape in the yellow package from Staples.
    11-22-17 05:42 PM
    Thanks. yes I just added some normal tape double . If I would bring it to a repair shop I guess they would use the glue type that they use for other brands. Why do you advice not to glue?
    11-22-17 05:43 PM
    ... Why do you advice not to glue?
    It's all about using the adhesive with the appropriate properties for the situation. If you later had to replace the screen you wouldn't want having used the wrong glue to prevent that. A liquid glue could also end up in the wrong places.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-17 10:32 PM
    There is a big difference between consumer sticking tape you can buy in shops compared to tape that is used in this kind of products. Use the warranty to solve this problem!

Proud Owner of a Passport SE and a Priv!
    Byrese likes this.
    11-23-17 02:26 AM
    It's all about using the adhesive with the appropriate properties for the situation. If you later had to replace the screen you wouldn't want having used the wrong glue to prevent that. A liquid glue could also end up in the wrong places.
    I have seen this video:

The modified Keyone has permanent glue, so the screen will mostly brake when it needs to be replaced. All other repairs are done through the backside of the phone, so it's not really an issue if the screen is stuck.

I have read a lot of complains on this forum about the service or the refurbished replacement phone, so I though why not let a repair shop add some non liqued glue.
    11-23-17 05:46 AM
    I have seen this video:

The modified Keyone has permanent glue, so the screen will mostly brake when it needs to be replaced. All other repairs are done through the backside of the phone, so it's not really an issue if the screen is stuck.

I have read a lot of complains on this forum about the service or the refurbished replacement phone, so I though why not let a repair shop add some non liqued glue.
    Well, you might jeopardize your warranty. But I would consider taking it to a reputable repair shop and asking how they would repair it and how much it would cost. Then make a decision.
    11-23-17 09:02 AM
    I've had two keyone replacements for this issue, the first one ended up having the screen fall off too.

It's actually pretty straightforward process but it does take a little over a week to receive the replacement. The second keyone replacement (the one I'm currently typing on) seemed pretty much new.

I would try the warranty replacement process at least once before 'taking matters into your own hands'.
    11-23-17 09:10 AM
    My screen came loose at the bottom a couple of weeks back. I was not in a position to send it off for replacement straight away. As a ‘fix’ I used black electrical tape along the sides of the phone so that it just touches the screen, so as to hold it in place. If you are careful you can cover the part of the glass before the screen starts. I had tape below and above the power button, as well as below the convenience key and above the volume rocker. TBH the screen seemed pretty secure (though note, my screen was only loose from one side). If you keep your K1 in an opaque cover I really doubt you would see the tape and even without a cover it’s not too obtrusive. Electrical tape is pretty good too as it comes off easily should you wish to replace it or something.
    11-23-17 10:35 AM
    lol @ the $700 phone held together with tape.

Posted via CBX
    paulyeo likes this.
    11-23-17 11:41 AM
    lol @ the $700 phone held together with tape.

Posted via CBX
    Only $500 if you're on the RIGHT side of the border. Cheap duct (duck) tape optional on your preference..
    11-23-17 01:41 PM

Are you Dutch?
    Call here for your country: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492 Since they have acknowledge the screen issue, you should get an easy fix/swap by calling them.

Also, when did you purchase that phone? What is the manufacturing date?
    Go to phone dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", press "Pass" and will show the date at bottom. To leave that mode, press "Pass" again, scroll all the way down and press "Exit".
    11-23-17 02:21 PM
    Only $500 if you're on the RIGHT side of the border. Cheap duct (duck) tape optional on your preference..
    Did you not read the box: "Duct tape not included!" (g)
    11-23-17 02:25 PM
    got mine from ebay without receipt. BBM were a little funny about warranty repair without the receipt. having heard all the bad things about the replacements (in the UK), I opted to fix it myself. The repair job I did was good and it's still fixed down. My second K1 cost 300 GBP which is why I wasn't overly fussed about the warranty repair. If anyone wants advice drop me a PM and I will do my best to offer advice.
    11-23-17 03:09 PM
    I've encountered the screen problem a week ago and at first I was thinking of fixing it myself too. Happy I decided to get back to the crackberry forums and look up options for support first. I made 1 phone call and received a shipping label. Last Monday I shipped my device from the Netherlands to the repair center in Luxemburg and this Thursday I received a replacement device which seems to be brand new and functions perfectly. Also received a dual layer shell case for free with my replacement! So all in all I'm very satisfied how this was handled and I would certainly advice to go this route if you have a back-up device available for those four days you will be without your KEYone.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-17 04:15 AM
    Thanks a lot. That sounds good. I just called and I shoud get a mail any soon.

My manufacturer date is 20170531

Btw I told them about the unresponsive keyboard knobs with tempered glass and they said it was not know and they make a case of it?
    Strange, since the forum is full of this issue, I guess some people should have submitted it.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-24-17 05:14 AM
    I'm waiting on a good moment to sent it. Any change a refurbished phone got a battery which is in less condition due loading behavior of previous owner? Mine is really good, 3 or 4 days with around 10% left. I don't charge it everyday and never used boost modus.
    11-30-17 05:04 PM
    Gotta be honest on this issue...I can't believe that TCL allowed this to happen. I can't imagine paying $600+ for a handset and having the screen fall off. I think the KEYone is the coolest looking phone on the market, especially that slick Black Edition, but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on one and bought the Motion instead. I just can't get over this weakness in the design and manufacture.
    11-30-17 09:02 PM
    I had the same issue back in August, it has been very easy for me to repair back the screen in a local general phone repair shop . half an hour and I paid something around 15 €
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-17 12:40 PM
    I sent it yesterday to BlackBerry repair center. Curious if they repair or replace it. Most seem to get a refurbished, strange they don't mostly just repair it.
    12-20-17 04:51 PM
    I agree with what someone above said. Send it in for warranty repair.
    12-20-17 05:06 PM
    Gotta be honest on this issue...I can't believe that TCL allowed this to happen. I can't imagine paying $600+ for a handset and having the screen fall off. I think the KEYone is the coolest looking phone on the market, especially that slick Black Edition, but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on one and bought the Motion instead. I just can't get over this weakness in the design and manufacture.
    You could just have it repaired or bought a later revision. I would not choose a different phone for this failure.
    12-21-17 05:37 AM
    So finally got a replacement phone. It looks brand new, but of course it properly refurbished. Got a nice black dual layer shell with it.
    Date code 20170530 / BBB100-2 / AAQ302
    Is it possible to find if an imei have been activated before?

May 30 was that already the date that the glued ones were released?
    01-04-18 04:08 PM
    So finally got a replacement phone. It looks brand new, but of course it properly refurbished. Got a nice black dual layer shell with it.
    Date code 20170530 / BBB100-2 / AAQ302
    Is it possible to find if an imei have been activated before?

May 30 was that already the date that the glued ones were released?
    The screen fix was SUPPOSEDLY addressed in Mid-July or thereabouts. But if you did get a refurb, it was probably addressed and fixed. And, NO, there is no test to see if the glue is appropriate or not. In short, my phone was put through a few different torture tests and showed no signs of weakness. Then suddenly the screen was separating with no apparent effort whatsoever.
    01-04-18 04:50 PM
32 12