I have both phones (K1 primary (for now) and S8 backup) and am wondering if anyone went from a S8 to a K1. If so, why?
    10-12-17 10:21 AM
    I suspect it wold be because of the KEYboard... and maybe the fondness for the brand.
    10-12-17 10:40 AM
    I had an s7 previously and while I did enjoy it and the camera software on it was great I found it to be too big for me. I can imagine that being even worse for me with an s8 as it is even bigger. However it is a great phone and something that I really enjoyed about it was the water resistance feature which was great for family vacations.

The K1 which I initially was turned off to because of the specs and the screen lift issue slowly started to attract my attention more and more. The keyboard is definitely one of the reason reasons why I got it and also it's a bit easier on my hands. I figured if I didn't like it I can send it back and move on to an s8 but so far I've been very pleased with it and have no intention of even getting an all touch device.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-17 11:03 AM
    I have both and constantly go back to the KeyOne. I get my business emails at least 5 minutes sooner on the BlackBerry
    10-12-17 11:31 AM
    i have both as well. I use my s8 strictly for gaming and other stuff.. the finger reader on the s8 is downright TERRIBLE and not only do i hate the fact that the reader is on the back, it's in a horrible spot on the back..

For my needs, nothing beats my KEYone! shortcuts, double-tap to wake, great call quality, great reception, superfast fingerprint reader that's on the FRONT, so when i mount it in my car, i can easily press to unlock it and launch maps/music if needed.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-17 04:35 PM
    I switched from the s8+ because the k1 wasn't out for sprint back in early June. I only got the s8+ because it apparently was supposed to be the best phone on the market at the time. And I needed a phone. (Came from iPhone 6+ but have been pro android prior)
    10-12-17 06:52 PM
    I suspect it wold be because of the KEYboard... and maybe the fondness for the brand.
    I agree with both. Being a loyal BB fan since my Palm Treo became obsolete and a real lover of the BOLD QWERTY, I thought the K1 was going to be my fix. I am disappointed thus far but trying to keep loyal.
    10-12-17 09:59 PM
    I had an s7 previously and while I did enjoy it and the camera software on it was great I found it to be too big for me. I can imagine that being even worse for me with an s8 as it is even bigger. However it is a great phone and something that I really enjoyed about it was the water resistance feature which was great for family vacations.

The K1 which I initially was turned off to because of the specs and the screen lift issue slowly started to attract my attention more and more. The keyboard is definitely one of the reason reasons why I got it and also it's a bit easier on my hands. I figured if I didn't like it I can send it back and move on to an s8 but so far I've been very pleased with it and have no intention of even getting an all touch device.
    Not sure I understand your post. I had a S6 and went to S8 which is smaller - a bit longer but narrower. The S8 is lighter, thinner and narrower than the K1.

QWERTY works great which is my only selling point thus far.
    10-12-17 10:02 PM
    I have both and constantly go back to the KeyOne. I get my business emails at least 5 minutes sooner on the BlackBerry
    I don't doubt what you are saying but it doesn't make sense to me. Side-by-side, my K1 and S8 get emails within seconds of each other. 5 minutes? I'd be going out of my mind. I'm not a tech guy but there seems to be a syncing issue.

I use Exchange and it works flawlessly with sync on both devices. My GMAIL accounts also work great.
    10-12-17 10:04 PM
    i have both as well. I use my s8 strictly for gaming and other stuff.. the finger reader on the s8 is downright TERRIBLE and not only do i hate the fact that the reader is on the back, it's in a horrible spot on the back..

For my needs, nothing beats my KEYone! shortcuts, double-tap to wake, great call quality, great reception, superfast fingerprint reader that's on the FRONT, so when i mount it in my car, i can easily press to unlock it and launch maps/music if needed.
    My finger reader works fine but it is a bit awkward on the back but something you get used to. When I first got my K1, I was putting my finger in the back to access LOL.

Shortcuts on K1 keyboard are GREAT --- a huge selling point for me.
    10-12-17 10:07 PM
    Unfortunately, I am not thrilled with my K1. My S8 is looking better every day. Then again, when I type on that darn flatscreen, my K1 calls me. Merge the two and you would have the perfect phone for me.
    10-12-17 10:09 PM
    Not sure I understand your post. I had a S6 and went to S8 which is smaller - a bit longer but narrower. The S8 is lighter, thinner and narrower than the K1.

QWERTY works great which is my only selling point thus far.
    smaller side to side yes but the s8 is taller, for me more screen is more hassle.
    10-12-17 10:20 PM
    smaller side to side yes but the s8 is taller, for me more screen is more hassle.
    I'm going to petition BB for an updated BB Bold - - - small screen but better device! Join me
    10-12-17 10:22 PM
    I'm going to petition BB for an updated BB Bold - - - small screen but better device! Join me
    Petitions... sure that will work.

The PKB market is so small.... just don't think it can support all the different "wants" I see on CrackBerry - some want a Curve, some want a BOLD, some want a tool-belt, some what a Passport. The simple fact is a 1x1 Screen isn't compatible with what Google is requiring of OEM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-17 12:54 PM