07-24-17 11:06 AM
61 123
tools
    This is correct. Find anyone you know on sprint, doesn't matter what phone they have and tell them to send you a MMS or even search Google while talking to you. make sure they aren't on WiFi. It's not possible.
    Is there a technical reason for this? This seems crazy to me and yes...a deal breaker.
    07-23-17 02:33 PM
    Is there a technical reason for this? This seems crazy to me and yes...a deal breaker.
    Sprint updated their network a couple years ago to improve call quality. This upgrade made it so that voice usage took priority over data, therefore data is disabled when voice is being used. And yes it is a deal breaker. I am returning my keyone and switched to AT&T. Got my phone from Best Buy yesterday. I'm leaving Sprint after almost 15 years because of this.
    07-23-17 03:06 PM
    Sprint updated their network a couple years ago to improve call quality. This upgrade made it so that voice usage took priority over data, therefore data is disabled when voice is being used. And yes it is a deal breaker. I am returning my keyone and switched to AT&T. Got my phone from Best Buy yesterday. I'm leaving Sprint after almost 15 years because of this.
    It's BS like this that is keeping Sprint behind. I went to the Sprint store two days ago to ask about the K1 only to figure of the store is closing next week. That and this issue about data are clear signs to me to stay away. I'll find another way later to get a K1.
    07-23-17 04:44 PM
    This is correct. Find anyone you know on sprint, doesn't matter what phone they have and tell them to send you a MMS or even search Google while talking to you. make sure they aren't on WiFi. It's not possible.
    Is that a Sprint specific issue? Because with the right settings on Verizon you can be on the phone and also use data (I think it is an advanced calling setup) in the complete absence of WIFI.
    07-23-17 05:08 PM
    Is that a Sprint specific issue? Because with the right settings on Verizon you can be on the phone and also use data (I think it is an advanced calling setup) in the complete absence of WIFI.
    Another reason I really hope Verizon gets it. But will have to probably go BYOD.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-17 05:35 PM
    Sprint specific.
    07-23-17 10:35 PM
    But I'm sure you've been using a "smartphone" during your Sprint duration so because you get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ - you've been dealing with this service limitation soooo what is the real reason you are leaving Sprint ? Heck the Sprint version soft launch hasn't even been out that long -
    07-24-17 04:12 AM
    Another reason I really hope Verizon gets it. But will have to probably go BYOD.

Posted via CB10
    There is a Verizon version on Amazon no- curious why consumers (some) are still being so heavily dependent on carriers - it would just seem if the only way you can obtain this $549.99+tax cellphone is if your carrier carriers it is telling- from personal credit, cash, etc. I just rather obtain my devices without needing my carrier, so glad I have GSM
    07-24-17 04:16 AM
    But I'm sure you've been using a "smartphone" during your Sprint duration so because you get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ - you've been dealing with this service limitation soooo what is the real reason you are leaving Sprint ? Heck the Sprint version soft launch hasn't even been out that long -
    Actually, I've been on the Q1 0 for over 3 years, so no I have not been dealing with this issue. Like with any carrier, cell service is dependant on many variables. I have moved all across the country, lived overseas for a couple years and haven't had any issues with Sprint, other than there crappy customer service. I ordered the KeyOne the day it was released on Sprints website, received it, activated immediately and deactivated within a few hours after going round and round with customer service and tech support. Also, I know several people with Sprint service that use other smartphones who confirmed this for me. Many weren't aware that it was an issue because it was not something they were used to having.
    07-24-17 06:46 AM
    There is a Verizon version on Amazon no- curious why consumers (some) are still being so heavily dependent on carriers - it would just seem if the only way you can obtain this $549.99+tax cellphone is if your carrier carriers it is telling- from personal credit, cash, etc. I just rather obtain my devices without needing my carrier, so glad I have GSM
    I am not one to jump from carrier to carrier. Verizon's coverage is very good where I live. A carrier branded phone has all the features offered by Verizon although it sounds like only VVM is the only thing missing when BYOD to Verizon. The support from them would be better as well. And breaking the payments up would be nice too. I guess it isn't a huge deal but I have never gone the unlocked route before.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 07:02 AM
    Well, as noted just above, Verizon coverage for some locations is generally better. Add to that Verizon's being a pain in the rump - that is not enabling some aspects of their service and you can understand why folks would like it officially offered. But then not relying on them for updates would be nice although, updates for the KeyOne cdma version are still slow for whatever reason.

Tradeoffs!
    07-24-17 11:06 AM
61 123