In my haste to get the K1, I made the switch from ATT to Sprint (kind of leary about, as I hear they're coverage is not the best. I live in NYC, so hopefully that won't be an issue).

I already received atrocious customer service from Sprint in the past couple of days. I first went to the Sprint store on Sunday to inquire about the K1, and they didn't know what I was talking about. After forcing them to check their own website, they finally saw the K1 listed, albeit, at the bottom of the page. I wanted to lease the phone so I had to do the application process. I got approved for leasing the K1 for 18 months. They told me I would have to wait until 7/28 to order the phone. I thought that was suspect. They also looked at me as if I had 2 heads when I said I wanted the K1. NO, I DON'T WANT A S8 OR 7+ JEEZ! So, I went home and called the Sprint customer service line to verify. I had to talk the rep through navigating the website to find the K1. After another bout of "oh we don't offer a blackberry phone at the moment" with this service rep, he found it and I was actually able to place the order for rush delivery, and not 7/28 as the store rep said. Last night, I called Sprint back because I had few questions about my order and wanted to get tracking and this rep told me that K1's won't be shipped out until early August...

WHAT? so much confusion with the Sprint launch. I checked my email this morning and what do you know? I have the tracking number and should get the phone later today. I hope none of you have to go through this convoluted process!

That being said, Is anyone here moving to Sprint for the K1? Anyone have Sprint already?
    Last edited by CrooklynCounty; 07-19-17 at 10:49 AM.
    07-19-17 09:32 AM
    I'm waiting for it to show up in the store. Going to play with it for a few minutes and then decide. Give us an update, when you can.
    CrooklynCounty likes this.
    07-19-17 10:36 AM
    Will do! I'm hoping this batch doesn't have the screen lift issue. The Sprint store reps were uncertain when the phone will be in the store. Super frustrating that no one has straight answers regarding this phone for their network.
    07-19-17 10:55 AM
    I would pay double for an out of contract KEYᵒⁿᵉ before moving to Sprint. Their service is terrible in my city and especially when I head to the mountains.
    CrooklynCounty and rthonpm like this.
    07-19-17 11:46 AM
    I've been a sprint customer for a good 5 years and their coverage has gotten better. I am in the tri state area. I've been waiting for sprint to offer blackberry again and I just ordered mine this past Saturday. Its arrive already but I haven't opened yet. Will tonight.

Sprint has never been good with keeping their sales people updated. They never know anything. most of my info has been through here or somewhere on the web.
    07-19-17 11:47 AM
    Don't do it!!!! That customer service experience sounds terrible!
    07-19-17 11:56 AM
    I live in orange county, ca and we are saturated with cell phone towers, everything works!
    07-19-17 12:23 PM
    I would pay double for an out of contract KEYᵒⁿᵉ before moving to Sprint. Their service is terrible in my city and especially when I head to the mountains.
    Agreed. When I had Sprint it was awful. Calls were decent but the Internet on their "spark" was non existent. And that's coming from the NY metropolitan area. Went to T-Mobile a few years ago and it's been great. I love these unlocked phones BTW. Doubt I'll ever buy a carrier one again.
    07-19-17 04:03 PM
    I had an intern who had a horrible wrong bill from Sprint and harassment... took a call to state attorney general office acquaintance & suddenly she got all refunded....

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 04:55 PM
    I live in orange county, ca and we are saturated with cell phone towers, everything works!
    No Sprint at Dodger Stadium.
    07-19-17 05:49 PM
    In my haste to get the K1, I made the switch from ATT to Sprint (kind of leary about, as I hear they're coverage is not the best. I live in NYC, so hopefully that won't be an issue).

I already received atrocious customer service from Sprint in the past couple of days. I first went to the Sprint store on Sunday to inquire about the K1, and they didn't know what I was talking about. After forcing them to check their own website, they finally saw the K1 listed, albeit, at the bottom of the page. I wanted to lease the phone so I had to do the application process. I got approved for leasing the K1 for 18 months. They told me I would have to wait until 7/28 to order the phone. I thought that was suspect. They also looked at me as if I had 2 heads when I said I wanted the K1. NO, I DON'T WANT A S8 OR 7+ JEEZ! So, I went home and called the Sprint customer service line to verify. I had to talk the rep through navigating the website to find the K1. After another bout of "oh we don't offer a blackberry phone at the moment" with this service rep, he found it and I was actually able to place the order for rush delivery, and not 7/28 as the store rep said. Last night, I called Sprint back because I had few questions about my order and wanted to get tracking and this rep told me that K1's won't be shipped out until early August...

WHAT? so much confusion with the Sprint launch. I checked my email this morning and what do you know? I have the tracking number and should get the phone later today. I hope none of you have to go through this convoluted process!

That being said, Is anyone here moving to Sprint for the K1? Anyone have Sprint already?
    So did you get it today?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 06:03 PM
    No Sprint at Dodger Stadium.
    I only go to Anaheim stadium ������
    07-19-17 06:11 PM
    It said it was delivered. Haven't been home to check yet. I'll update with thoughts and pics soon
    07-19-17 06:12 PM
    I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and switch from TMO. I want that K1. But Sprints service and network is giving me pause.
    07-19-17 06:14 PM
    I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and switch from TMO. I want that K1. But Sprints service and network is giving me pause.
    Does anyone you know have Sprint? Ask if it works well in your area. My daughter left Sprint due to the poor network coverage.
    07-19-17 06:16 PM
    Does anyone you know have Sprint? Ask if it works well in your area. My daughter left Sprint due to the poor network coverage.
    I've got 2 friends who have it. They don't have any problems that I know off. We hang all the time and.They have coverage. Still...wanting to hear some other experiences.
    07-19-17 06:17 PM
    Sprint seems like a hot mess! argh! Hoping for the best with the K1 and coverage.
    07-19-17 06:23 PM
    Sprint is Objectively the worst rated carrier, and has been for years. Their customer service isn't, and their network coverage and data speeds are last place. I would caution anyone strongly against switching...
    07-19-17 06:45 PM
    I had Sprint many years ago. If they gave me Keyone for free - I wouldn't make the switch. Awful coverage in the Lancaster, PA area.
    07-19-17 09:20 PM
    Say what you want about Sprint, but the reality in my area (Albuquerque) is that Sprint and AT&T offer the best coverage. We had Verizon at my house and the signal is so poor it is next to impossible to make a call. I stuck with AT&T so I could use my Classic, but now that Sprint is on board with the KEYone it will be an easy choice for me to switch. I am thrilled at the idea of getting a KEYone without paying full price up front.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 09:56 PM
    I had an intern who had a horrible wrong bill from Sprint and harassment... took a call from me to state attorney general office acquaintance & suddenly she got all refunded....

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 10:03 PM
    Agreed. When I had Sprint it was awful. Calls were decent but the Internet on their "spark" was non existent. And that's coming from the NY metropolitan area. Went to T-Mobile a few years ago and it's been great. I love these unlocked phones BTW. Doubt I'll ever buy a carrier one again.
    I have been running unlocked devices since the PRIV and I don't see myself buying carrier locked devices ever again.
    07-19-17 10:19 PM
    I have been running unlocked devices since the PRIV and I don't see myself buying carrier locked devices ever again.
    But it does limit your carrier choice as well. So really, one can only really switch between two companies. Has that been beneficial?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 10:25 PM
    But it does limit your carrier choice as well. So really, one can only really switch between two companies. Has that been beneficial?

Posted via CB10
    Having an unlocked GSM device in the states gives you the ability to select at&t or TMobile. Outside the states you are pretty much golden with that same unlocked GSM device.

The unlocked CDMA variant works great on Verizon but not Sprint which I wouldn't have either way. So the two unlocked versions available in the states allow for the big 3 carriers here and almost every other carrier worth carrying outside the states.
    07-19-17 10:48 PM
    Did anyone have issues with configuring the device via the phone or did you have to contact Sprint?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 10:49 PM
61 123