I looked at the Priv, and even though it seems like a nice phone, I am not really keen on the idea of a sliding keyboard.. Now the Vienna on the other hand, I have high hopes for when it comes out , as it will more suit what I am looking for in a phone.
    Will have to wait and see , to see what comes out in the early spring, or hopefully sooner.
    01-09-16 09:21 AM
    I had a Priv for a week. The phone is just too big to be practical. It doesn't fit in a pocket easily, and one hand can't operate it without contorting and stretching your thumb. It is too large to hold comfortably and operate with one hand period. I returned it and am waiting for the vienna. One-handed operation is important to me. The Priv is cool, the Vienna is practical. Hope it has at least 2gb RAM though. 3gb preferable. How much can it cost? It really helps the Priv.
    01-09-16 10:42 AM
    I like the fixed PKB idea better than the slider (especially for case/holster purposes) so I'm waiting for Vienna. I was dead set on the Priv before Vienna was announced, but I was easily swayed.
    01-10-16 05:22 AM
    I would quote all the above posts I agree with but it would make this way too long.
    In Feb I went back to BlackBerry (Passport) after using Android phones for the last 5 years. I have always missed my BlackBerry Curves. I liked the sizes, the one handed use was so convenient. I'm even considering getting the Classic. I don't mind having to patch the Android apps that I need (all praise Cobalt) it is a pain in the a$$.
    I got my wife the Priv and I must say I'm impressed with it except for the size.
    The "Vienna" looks perfect for returning to Android just for the app selection and the seamless integration in features like Chromecast without having to go through the patching process.
    I would prefer BB10 to be as compatible with Android based apps as Android based phones but it will never be. Pity.
    Now if BlackBerry would developed a flip phone with the keyboard the bottom half, the screen the top half, and an outside screen for notifications, and that satisfying snap when hanging up on someone your pi$$ed at, I would be all over it. Ah...I miss my Moto Razr V2.
    01-10-16 06:49 AM
    Ah yes loved that Moto Razr V2 those were the days My Friend .
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-10-16 06:59 AM
    Ah yes loved that Moto Razr V2 those were the days My Friend .
    I still have mine. Sometimes I take it out, fondle it lovingly and snap it shut for nostalgia sake. Sounds kinda nasty doesn't it.
    wilber1 likes this.
    01-10-16 07:11 AM
    I definitely have my eye on this phone. Hope it comes to sprint! This will be my first blackberry device.

On topic though, I was dead-set on getting the Priv but once I saw the Vienna, I second guessed the Priv. I never liked the slider form factor but was assuming that would be the only device from BlackBerry for a while but I'm holding off now waiting for the Vienna because that has always been my preferred form factor. The always-ready-keyboard like the Classic, Bold 9900 and the Bold 9000 before it!
    01-10-16 08:56 AM
    Is the Vienna also going to twirk w/ the Android OS? Look, I have absolutely fallen in love w/ Blackberry 10 OS on my Z30 and I am absolutely dreading the switch to Android though I am glad they are willing to save Blackberry. I hate the bi-opoloy that is Android and IoS but oh well... back to the question.. is the vienna bb10 or android on Verizon?
    Last edited by Thurston33; 01-10-16 at 10:40 AM.
    01-10-16 10:26 AM
    They both have Android so...neither. If both had BB10 id get the Perv. I've used it in store and it's nice. I'm still not sure what the Vienna will ultimately look like. Probably a blend between the passport and the Perv.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:03 AM
    Is the Vienna also going to twirk w/ the Android OS? Look, I have absolutely fallen in love w/ Blackberry 10 OS on my Z30 and I am absolutely dreading the switch to Android though I am glad they are willing to save Blackberry. I hate the bi-opoloy that is Android and IoS but oh well... back to the question.. is the vienna bb10 or android on Verizon?
    Only time will tell.

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-10-16 11:03 AM
    Because Verizon is the only carrier that has service in my rural area, I missed out on the PASSPORT which I was very interested in. Once the PRIV was introduced, I was mildly interested after it was confirmed that Verizon was going to carry it. After hearing all the accolades from the CrackBerry and Android Central communities paired with problems starting to show up with my Z30 I was decidedly more interested in the PRIV and ready to purchase it. Now that Verizon isn't releasing the PRIV until March and Chen has confirmed the addition of two more devices to the BlackBerry Android line up its unlikely that I'll get the PRIV. I'll probably replace my Z30's screen and wait for the VIENNA or another non-slider to hopefully be released sometime in 2016 by Verizon.

My Marvelous BlackBerry Z30
    01-10-16 03:09 PM
    You'd be surprised how popular Asha Devices where
    They're not very popular here in Singapore..

Anyway, I might be heading away from BlackBerry for a while and explore the android mid range devices, I'm sure during MWC there will be new stuff coming out, so I'm willing to see what the world can come out with.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    01-10-16 06:20 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:39 PM
    I still have 8 months to go on my Passport. Interested in the Priv and I do like what I see as one of my employees just got one as her personal phone.

Want to see if anyone manages to break in to the BlackBerry security. I am sure there are people working on that as we speak. If it is still secure in Oct I will take the plunge with the Priv or the Vienna when it launches

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 02:23 PM
    Not sure why so much negativity for the Priv. I've used Blackberry ( for business and personal) for well over a decade, and since moving to the Priv I've little reason to look back at previous devices. The Priv is a very capable device and I'm learning very useful functions every day, most of which are unavailable on BBos. I don't use the physical keyboard much because the BB touch keyboard kicks ***. At least I can hide the physical keys when they're not needed. Best device I've used by a long shot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-16-16 04:04 PM
    I was just pondering this and of course the gang here is already talking about it. I have been waiting for my company to figure their $%&* out to get the Priv but now there is talk of the Vienna. I am a little torn but will probably buckle and get the Priv through TELUS, but pay the extra cash so I can switch out after a year if the Vienna is great. I currently use the Classic, and I don't mind it, but similar to xs27 I would like something a little faster. I imagine by the time I get the Priv, it will be a year before BB works the bugs out and the true colors are determined. - long answer short - I will be purchasing the Priv but with option in a year to switch
    01-19-16 01:11 PM
    Haven't heard nothing lately about Vienna thinking Chenny wants to unload his BB10 inventory before saying much about upcoming Androids .
    01-21-16 02:02 PM
    Haven't heard nothing lately about Vienna thinking Chenny wants to unload his BB10 inventory before saying much about upcoming Androids .
    I wish there were some spy shots of the device or some rumors or something. I am getting excited for a new phone. Been on iphone with a blackberry as a secondary device for years now. I finally want everything in one package: fantastic keyboard + entire apps ecosystem....
    01-21-16 05:17 PM
    To expand on what I previously posted in this thread; Chen said in a recent Bloomberg interview that the next Android handset may be announced "around" MWC and that whether an announcement is made or not will depend on sales of the Priv. Of course coming from Chen that could mean a number of things.

As to BB10 inventory; I am thinking that BlackBerry does not want to "unload inventory" here (but obviously have strong sales, no?). A lot of people think BlackBerry is dead and gone (at least in the U.S., anyway). Those who have their curiosities sparked when they hear of the Priv and then decide to checkout BBs website will come to the realization that BlackBerry never died and they have been making phones all along. It will help build consumer confidence.
    01-22-16 06:20 AM
    I see a calming WIND in your future
    The ex has WIND and the limited coverage out in the rural areas is a real concern for me.

I'm pondering buying na unclocked Vienna then getting whatever on the tab and selling it to offset the costs. Which is ridiculous in itself.

Or just switch to Virgin.
    01-29-16 12:53 PM
    I'm waiting for marshmallow, blend and bb desktop full backup before I pull the trigger. With those three available, I don't care what form factor the phone has. . Any news on any of those?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-16 01:23 PM
46 12