That's the boat I'm in. If it weren't for the rumors of Vienna, I'd probably get the Priv on contract. I'd rather have the Vienna's form factor, though, so I'm holding out. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:31 PM
    I feel the same as you do. If there had been no mention of the Vienna, I would not be second guessing the Priv. I really enjoy the form factor of the Classic, so I know I would prefer the Vienna over the sliding mechanism of the Priv. Luckily, I'm on Verizon where the Priv hasn't released, so I've escaped making any impulse decisions. It does suck, however that the release of the Vienna depends on the Priv's success. I wish it was more 'set in stone' and not up in the air. I'll probably wait till February/March to hear any release information, otherwise I'll probably just get the Priv. My classic should hold me over till then.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 01:43 PM
    If only Bla1ze would give us a couple of hints on "when" the device is supposed to come out and "how" is the device specs wise...;-)
    I am waiting until April/May: if rumors will come out, I will consider the Vienna, if not I'll maybe get a Priv (with a decent price cut ) .

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 01:58 PM
    Actually hate to say it but I don't like the Prev have checked it out at Rogers a few times although they have no Working ones? to me it feels like an Android slab back when the torch 9810 was out and also 9900 I would have chose the 9900 also and I am hoping when the Vienna comes out it will be the 9900 for BlackBerry they sold tons of those just don't cheap out on specs and camera and hopefully all the Prev bugs worked out .
    01-03-16 08:52 AM
    All that we have seen of the Vienna is a render; even if I didn't have a Priv, I wouldn't base my purchasing decision on one render.
    01-03-16 10:05 AM
    It's not that I'm foregoing the Priv I just want to see the Vienna so I can make the best decision. By that time Marshmallow should be out for the Priv, the phone *should* be cheaper and most of the Android bugs should be worked out. Either way it will be the Priv or Vienna.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    01-03-16 02:44 PM
    I kinda want this phone over the Priv. I prefer to have the keyboard always available.

I'm a bit sick of the BlackBerry Classic because of how laggy and buggy the browser and android apps are.

When I use the browser it doesn't keep up with me in the typing and it ****s up and anyhow autocorrect stuffs.

Also it might not affect a lot of users here but I am one of those who use this messenging app called Line and the ******** devs don't wanna code a native BB10 version which made me resort to downloading the apk, resulting in a terrible experience. The app is buggy and the typing sucks too. That's why android would solve it as the stubborn Line devs only concentrate on the more popular OS.

Rant done.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    01-04-16 05:55 PM
    I kinda want this phone over the Priv. I prefer to have the keyboard always available.

I'm a bit sick of the BlackBerry Classic because of how laggy and buggy the browser and android apps are.

When I use the browser it doesn't keep up with me in the typing and it ****s up and anyhow autocorrect stuffs.

Also it might not affect a lot of users here but I am one of those who use this messenging app called Line and the ******** devs don't wanna code a native BB10 version which made me resort to downloading the apk, resulting in a terrible experience. The app is buggy and the typing sucks too. That's why android would solve it as the stubborn Line devs only concentrate on the more popular OS.

Rant done.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic

I imagine you're not familiar with product demand?

I had forgotten Line even existed until I read this comment, no demand = no App, why spend money and resources for no payback? Bad business

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 06:00 PM
    I tried a Priv and it was nice, but way too big. I am waiting for the Vienna.
    01-04-16 08:25 PM
    It will be about two more months before I can think about getting the Priv.

The only thing that will make me hesitate is if an all touch android is announced within that time. Especially if it's sized just a wee bit smaller than the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:54 PM
    I Feel completly the same! I just want a full qwerty (not slider) with android but from BB. I've been hoping for this for 5 years.. so the Vienna would make me run to the stores! Just a BB classic like device with android would be amazing!
    01-05-16 04:40 AM
    I could google this but I'll ask here instead: Are there any android phones out there without a 16:9 ratio? I imagine that is a major design challenge for a qwerty-candybar.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 07:59 PM
    I couldn't resist the Priv. It is amazing device. If Vienna would have launched soonest I would have gone for it.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    01-06-16 07:50 AM
    Chen recently said something to the effect of If we go with a second Android handset it will be announced at MWC 2016.

With that, it will depend on if Chen, or Louks, has the decency to announce a speculated release date and if this phone will come to Verizon. I am already still waiting for the Priv to come to Verizon (next week? February?) so even if the Vienna does, too, who knows when that will be?

Based solely on the renders I would prefer the form factor over that of the Priv any day of the week. Then again, I am still not sold on the idea of Android.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-06-16 11:06 AM
    I'm on contract with my Classic for more than a year. So, by the time it comes around to renew the contract I'll have to look hard at the offerings.

Personally, I had a 9810 slider before the Classic and loved the slider form factor. So, all other things being equal, I would likely go for the PRIV over the Vienna.

I think I would be very likely to go with the android offerings rather than stay on BB10 because my workplace uses Google apps and even with Cobalt's fine work I can't get the access I need via BB10.
    01-06-16 01:41 PM
    I am. I don't need a super high end phone and the Priv is too big for me.
    01-06-16 01:45 PM
    Same. Hoping the Vienna is significantly cheaper than the Priv
    01-06-16 04:45 PM
    I have to say... I did not like the Keyboard on the Priv... (ill have to pick it up again and have another look). I recently had the Passport so ill be hard to appease on the keyboard side. But I am hoping the Vienna is better in that aspect.

What I would like to see is a high end version of the classic... with a high end camera and android but with all the blackberry goodies especially the Hub. I NEED THE BLACKBERRY KEYBOARD AND I NEED THE HUB. Would also prefer to have the wheel mouse thing also for highlighting text etc.
    01-06-16 06:30 PM
    I imagine you're not familiar with product demand?

I had forgotten Line even existed until I read this comment, no demand = no App, why spend money and resources for no payback? Bad business

Posted via CB10
    It's popular enough to be on android ios windows and even asha devices.

I believe they just chose not to do it on BB10 OS

BB10 OS is dying anyway, good riddance. I will be getting the next android BB device or move on to another android slab.
    01-06-16 07:41 PM
    It's popular enough to be on android ios windows and even asha devices.

I believe they just chose not to do it on BB10 OS

BB10 OS is dying anyway, good riddance. I will be getting the next android BB device or move on to another android slab.

You'd be surprised how popular Asha Devices where
    01-07-16 05:12 AM
    I have a Priv but I rather prefer a Viena form factor. My main phone is still a Passport SE......

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 07:17 AM
    Yep, I'm waiting for the Vienna to upgrade my Q5. And if Koodo doesn't wake up and carry BlackBerry I might be switching networks too, which is a nuisance.
    SpartanSK117 likes this.
    01-07-16 08:23 AM
    Yup, waiting on Vienna, Priv is too big. A Classic update would be preferred but that's not happening so Vienna it is.
    01-07-16 09:40 AM
    Yep, I'm waiting for the Vienna to upgrade my Q5. And if Koodo doesn't wake up and carry BlackBerry I might be switching networks too, which is a nuisance.
    I see a calming WIND in your future

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    xxsashixx likes this.
    01-07-16 07:01 PM
    I definitely have my eye on this phone. Hope it comes to sprint! This will be my first blackberry device.
    01-08-16 05:42 PM
46 12