coming from a q10, im having a hard time using the phone one handed in certain situations.. kinda wished it was a little narrower.. i dont have small hands.. im able to palm a basketball if that means anything..

anyone else feel the same?
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-09-17 10:12 PM
    no, feels good to me. I think if bbx had launched with the same form factor it might have had a chance to get traction both with users and developers. the square screen was just to rebellious or restrictive.
    07-09-17 10:15 PM
    Big phones are the way of the future for now. I really think they could have helped things a bit by not having that hideous silver squared top. Get rid of that and make it look just like a stretched Classic running Android. That would have been really nice and reduced size. Plus it would have looked normal. Everybody I've shown the KeyONE design to says it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 10:15 PM
    Big phones are the way of the future for now. I really think they could have helped things a bit by not having that hideous silver squared top. Get rid of that and make it look just like a stretched Classic running Android. That would have been really nice and reduced size. Plus it would have looked normal. Everybody I've shown the KeyONE design to says it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    agreed 100. its too long and my thumb cant reach and it bothers me to no end.
    07-09-17 10:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    The design is good. The color could have been better.

A gloss black instead of the current silver (like the S8 / iPhone 7 would) be a really nice touch and add a premium feel
    07-09-17 10:17 PM
    I'd always err on the side of bigger. Up to the screen size of the 5.5 to 5.7" range.

Q10 is tiny nowadays. I have one of the old curve 8300s. It's like a tic tac now practically. Lol.

There's really no way to use modern smartphones one handed all the time. Though I think android fares better than iOS in this with its bottom of screen OS navigation.
    07-09-17 10:18 PM
    The design is good. The color could have been better.

A gloss black instead of the current silver (like the S8 / iPhone 7 would) be a really nice touch and add a premium feel
    It should have looked just like an iPhone 7 plus With a keyboard. You may hate iPhones but their devices are beautifully designed and people love them. Look at a lot of the newest android devices like OnePlus,Meizu, OPPO, and Huawei. They look just like iPhones and people love them.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 10:20 PM
    It should have looked just like an iPhone 7 plus With a keyboard. You may hate iPhones but their devices are beautifully designed and people love them. Look at a lot of the newest android devices like OnePlus,Meizu, OPPO, and Huawei. They look just like iPhones and people love them.

Posted via CB10
    But they also do not boast a physical keyboard with a yuge battery.
    07-09-17 10:24 PM
    I would have liked it if it were about a cm shorter, half a cm wider with the same screen resolution except with the navigation keys being a part of the screen real estate. As it is now, with the Android navigation keys being separated from the usable screen area, it takes up too much valuable space.
    07-09-17 11:25 PM
    I would have liked it if it were about a cm shorter, half a cm wider with the same screen resolution except with the navigation keys being a part of the screen real estate. As it is now, with the Android navigation keys being separated from the usable screen area, it takes up too much valuable space.
    I think if the Android "buttons" were on the screen predictive text would not be possible.
    sag7392 likes this.
    07-09-17 11:35 PM
    My daughter came from a Q10 and initially found it big but she is getting used to it now. My wife will be moving from a Q5 to the KEYone and finds it especially big. But they both realize this is the direction phones are going.
    07-09-17 11:37 PM
    I think if the Android "buttons" were on the screen predictive text would not be possible.
    Hmm, I haven't thought about it like that... you might have a point there. Anyway, it's still more 'pocketable' than my old Passport so I'm not really complaining I just feel it would be a bit more manageable if it were a bit shorter and just a tiny bit wider, but maybe that's the two years of using the Passport talking :P
    07-09-17 11:45 PM
    Coming from Passport, it seems a bit small...
    super_rigel likes this.
    07-09-17 11:51 PM
    coming from a Passport and Classic, I think the KEYone is perfect. at first I thought it would feel like a remote control and be too long but after using it I see that it's actually great to use.
    07-10-17 12:24 AM
    Screens have to follow the Android size specs. You can not make a custom size.
    07-10-17 12:59 AM
    Screens have to follow the Android size specs. You can not make a custom size.
    I know, that's why I mentioned using the same resolution/screen ratio. I'm not saying I would want it to be 1:1 like the Passport. I know that's not possible on Android.
    07-10-17 01:03 AM
    Agree 100%. I would love to see a K1 mini that is 66-68mm wide and has a 4" screen. But I realize it will never happen. I can't believe people here are saying they find the K1 too small... I guess I will never understand the obsession with big screens.
    Barbareren and Mrs Teapot like this.
    07-10-17 01:09 AM
    No it's the perfect size.
    07-10-17 07:10 AM
    Could be bigger as far as I am concerned. I would take a Passport width device stretched vertically to make the necessary screen ratio and consider it perfect. I am a business user.

As it is, it is pretty darn good. Got used to the keyboard size, have it set up and synced with all needed accounts and file storage. I find myself using my Surface Pro less and less except for large scale word processing or number crunching.
    07-10-17 10:32 AM
    Big phones are the way of the future for now. I really think they could have helped things a bit by not having that hideous silver squared top. Get rid of that and make it look just like a stretched Classic running Android. That would have The been really nice and reduced size. Plus it would have looked normal. Everybody I've shown the KeyONE design to says it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with getting rid of the hideous squared top and making it a bit rounded like the Classic (or uniform / symmetrical with the bottom of the device).

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    07-10-17 10:52 AM
    I had an issue today, usually I don't hold the phone to my ear, and I had constant placement issues holding the phone, cause u naturally place the bottom close your mouth and my ear was below the ear speaker, which made it difficult to hear the other person, had to keep adjusting.
    07-10-17 10:57 AM
    Actually, I think it needs to be wider, more like the Passport, with appropriate ratios - as close to 4:3 as possible
    07-10-17 11:01 AM
    Actually I wish it was a tad larger like the Passport or something inbetween to make it more unique!
    07-10-17 11:12 AM
    That will depend on the size of your hands so the answer will vary per person.
    07-10-17 11:42 AM
    So having now used the Android version of HUB since the PRIV, I actually prefer the BBOS10 version of it! The BBos version just seems so much more coherent and smooth! It just seemed more efficient as well! I knew at the end of the day I'd have to get over my personal fear of moving to android! Well to be honest now im not so sure as I'm use to the Android version now!
    07-10-17 12:54 PM
45 12