No issues at all plus been dropped twice hard. Works as it should. love this device!
    06-08-17 10:53 PM
    Have purchased 3 KEYone's all are flawless.

I dropped mine on the floor (flung out of my hand while on the couch) not a thing wrong with it.
    06-09-17 01:08 AM
    2 KeyOnes here (Telus Business) and no issues.
    06-09-17 02:58 AM
    Can someone confirm to me that the V and B keys are duller than the others on their device?
    06-09-17 03:31 AM
    Keyone here that is perfect! Loving this phone.
    06-09-17 03:39 AM
    dropped twice although both times with dual layer case on and no issues whatsoever. loving every minute of use. keyboard was a little stiff in the beginning but now after a week of use it rocks!
    06-09-17 04:50 AM
    No issues here. Shortcuts are amazing. Only "issue" is Verizon fails to work on the GSM device LOL. Not even data :crying laughing:
    06-09-17 06:54 AM
    Can someone confirm to me that the V and B keys are duller than the others on their device?
    I can. Both my Keyones have duller backlog V and B keys. I think it's normal. Likely due to their close proximity to the spacebar which may be blocking some light coverage . It is not something I would worry about at all.
    kbz1960 and stlabrat like this.
    06-09-17 11:18 AM
    No issues with mine. But I guess none of us will know unless we try to seriously bend the phone with two hands. lol
    06-09-17 11:26 AM
    I'll also say this. If I drop my phone and my screen pops off I'd probably be a lot happier knowing the screen didn't actually crack and shatter.
    06-09-17 11:28 AM
    I'll also say this. If I drop my phone and my screen pops off I'd probably be a lot happier knowing the screen didn't actually crack and shatter.
    Except that if the ribbon cable fails (which did happen) you are actually worse off. It doesn't have enough slack.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-09-17 11:29 AM
    Except that if the ribbon cable fails (which did happen) you are actually worse off. It doesn't have enough slack.
    if the ribbon cable connector (appear to be the case on the video if I remember correctly) pop out, you can re-seat it.. if the ribbon got tored, you most likely going to replace the whole stack. IMHO.
    06-09-17 11:44 AM
    His ribbon cable failed eventually, requires an entirely new digitizer + lcd
    06-09-17 11:47 AM
    not surprise the way he handle it. Not a gentleman for sure.
    06-09-17 11:49 AM
    I'm not even talking about him, the guy in the forums who didn't even handle it rough
    06-09-17 11:52 AM
    You guys realize you do have manufacturing defects by way of no adhesive behind the screen. You're one bend or drop away from a useless device.
    To those saying their device is totally fine yet has a corner popped up on the screen or other screen related issues, this is not ok. Return it while you still can.
    06-09-17 11:58 AM
    No issues here.

5 days old so far. Best phone I've owned to date.
    06-09-17 12:07 PM
    It did happen to the guy on the video. It didn't happen to someone else whose screen popped off from a drop. What I wonder is TCL's response. Did they fix their phones? (Well, obviously not the guy bending it on purpose, lol).
    06-09-17 01:46 PM
    You guys realize you do have manufacturing defects by way of no adhesive behind the screen. You're one bend or drop away from a useless device.
    To those saying their device is totally fine yet has a corner popped up on the screen or other screen related issues, this is not ok. Return it while you still can.
    I love how we're just minding our own business, enjoying our phones, and not trying to convince anyone else otherwise, and we constantly have people trying to persuade us to think their way about it. Yet, if we say anything, we're the ones "jumping" on everyone for having a different opinion.

Hey man, if you're no longer interested in the phone because of that video, fine man, that's your choice and your prerogative.

(Wow, I really pounced and attacked him didn't I guys?? LMAO, those comments are inevitable anyway despite this joke...)
    anon(3750701) likes this.
    06-09-17 01:49 PM
    My second device, the first had issues with keyboard lighting and captive touch, fortunately carphone warehouse replaced without question, the replacement has been 100% solid, with the most amazing battery life of 10+ hours screen on time. The only performance issue has been lag scrolling through long Web page's but still the best phone by far I have used, never giving up on a physical keyboard again.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...69a6b04da2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ddc1b0578e.jpg
    amazing...king of battery

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-09-17 01:55 PM
    Bought mine from Selfridge in April and everything is in good order
    06-09-17 01:56 PM
    I love how we're just minding our own business, enjoying our phones, and not trying to convince anyone else otherwise, and we constantly have people trying to persuade us to think their way about it. Yet, if we say anything, we're the ones "jumping" on everyone for having a different opinion.

Hey man, if you're no longer interested in the phone because of that video, fine man, that's your choice and your prerogative.

(Wow, I really pounced and attacked him didn't I guys?? LMAO, those comments are inevitable anyway despite this joke...)
    You know.. it's not an attack. It's good advice. Just because you have no issues now doesn't mean you won't. Now I totally buy into the fact that forums are always a focal point for negative reactions but... BUT... it does appear that we have a true manufacturing oversight here. Torsional forces or a drop could easily displace a screen that doesn't have adhesive.

The fanboyism can get outta hand in here. People are OK with a corner lifting up on the phone which is mind boggling on a device this expensive. At least when it comes to buyers' best interest, it makes sense to return any remotely defective devices rather than macgyvering it together again or pretending it's not that bad.

Ultimately dude I'm on a blackberry forum so obviously I'm passionate about it. I DO want one of these phones but I want it in good order, not defective. And I won't pay $800CAD for a device that has no adhesive on the screen. If the community is both vocal and returns their defective devices I am pretty sure TCL will fix the issues.

We now return to your regularly scheduled echo chamber.
    06-09-17 02:05 PM
    You know.. it's not an attack. It's good advice. Just because you have no issues now doesn't mean you won't. Now I totally buy into the fact that forums are always a focal point for negative reactions but... BUT... it does appear that we have a true manufacturing oversight here. Torsional forces or a drop could easily displace a screen that doesn't have adhesive.

The fanboyism can get outta hand in here. People are OK with a corner lifting up on the phone which is mind boggling on a device this expensive. At least when it comes to buyers' best interest, it makes sense to return any remotely defective devices rather than macgyvering it together again or pretending it's not that bad.

Ultimately dude I'm on a blackberry forum so obviously I'm passionate about it. I DO want one of these phones but I want it in good order, not defective. And I won't pay $800CAD for a device that has no adhesive on the screen. If the community is both vocal and returns their defective devices I am pretty sure TCL will fix the issues.

We now return to your regularly scheduled echo chamber.
    The issue has enough profile now on this forum that TCL is going to have to address it one way or another or it'll be an epic fail on their part. Their (lack of) communications with the fanbase has been pretty ridiculous the last few months and that's on them.

But here's the thing. A lot of us on this forum with KeyOne's that didn't immediately come with unresponsive keys, or red lines, or spontaneous screen pop are really enjoying the device. I've logged three drops (when it was naked) and no torque, lift, pop (or snap and crackle).

I'm following the story with interest and ultimately want to know the extent of the defects - whether an acceptable percentage of lemons or a real problem. My gut tells me if it's survived three drops, and I now have an Incipio case I'm probably good to go.

It'll be clear in the next week or so if it's worth worrying about. In the meantime I'm using the KeyOne like any other phone I've had and not worrying.
    06-09-17 02:24 PM
    An store had the Keyone so I went to take a look, of course I wasn't going to buy it there because it's $1000 lol (owner went to US to purchase the phones and brought them to Ecuador to sell them in his store). Surprisingly they had it on display but it had the screen lifting problem on the top-left corner. I told the owner and he told me to not worry because it was just a display phone. However I asked my friend about it who works there and he told me that the phone came like that from factory and that the owner was really pissed off because he bought a few Keyones from Amazon but since it was for his store, he didn't checked one by one for flaws, so in the end he's using that unit as a display phone on purpose since it's already damaged. Then my friend went to give me those "very wanted" tips about how I should quit Blackberry already since they are going from awful to even worse blahblahblah. I loved the phone, it's the first time I've ever seen one in person, but I will wait to see if Blackberry fixes this because yes it is ridiculous
    06-09-17 02:24 PM
    no issues at all here!
    06-09-17 02:41 PM
251 ... 45678 ...