Yeah even vehicles ( Chevy Kia & Jeep) have been coming with wireless charging pads in the console for the last couple of years that I've personally seen.

You'd never know what it was there if you didn't notice the warning not to store metal objects keys coins and batteries on the surface.

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836
    08-18-16 11:28 PM
    Isn't wireless charging less energy efficient?
    It's still a gimmick for me.

The longest phone I've ever kept was for about 4 years and I've never had a problem with the charging port, so saying it saves the charging port is pointless for me.
    Have you ever owned a phone with wireless charging and used wireless charging as your primary charging method? It's honestly one of those things you don't think you need until you've used it, and then you can't live without it.
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-19-16 09:35 AM
    Isn't wireless charging less energy efficient?
    It's still a gimmick for me.

The longest phone I've ever kept was for about 4 years and I've never had a problem with the charging port, so saying it saves the charging port is pointless for me.
    Less energy efficient? So you're upset over the $0.08 more in your electric bill to fully charge the phone overnight? Alright then, stick to wearing out your usb port and needing to use both hands to put your phone on charge and take it off every morning. Don't spend your savings all in one place now...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-19-16 09:52 AM
    Less energy efficient? So you're upset over the $0.08 more in your electric bill to fully charge the phone overnight? Alright then, stick to wearing out your usb port and needing to use both hands to put your phone on charge and take it off every morning. Don't spend your savings all in one place now...

Never had a charge port wear out ever before on any phone I've used -- so what's the point?
    mbirth likes this.
    08-19-16 10:15 PM
    Have you ever owned a phone with wireless charging and used wireless charging as your primary charging method? It's honestly one of those things you don't think you need until you've used it, and then you can't live without it.
    My toothbrush charges wirelessly which I assume is much more convenient to use than having a wired toothbrush.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-19-16 10:17 PM
    When did wireless charging become a gimmick? Its a LUXURY for those that have it and they really love it. A gimmick is defined as

gim�mick
    ˈɡimik/
    noun
    noun: gimmick; plural noun: gimmicks

a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
    synonyms: publicity stunt, contrivance, scheme, stratagem, ploy; informalshtick

I wish to the 7 seven gods the SE had wireless charging.
    08-19-16 10:51 PM
    It's like a water, ice, crushed ice dispenser on a refrigerator. I didn't realize how much I appreciated those features until I had them.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 11:59 AM
    Never had a charge port wear out ever before on any phone I've used -- so what's the point?
    Well good for you. Every phone I've had after a year or two the usb port would be fairly loose. Same with my friends. So so bad they have to hold the cable with their hand or else it won't charge. But hey, if your devices are immune to it, great. :-)

08-20-16 06:29 PM
    Absolutely. I will never buy a phone without it again

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-16 08:39 PM
    I just started using it since I got a PRIV.
    Is it safe for the phone or battery to use it as a overnight charger? That's how I have been using it.

08-22-16 10:30 PM
    I just started using it since I got a PRIV.
    Is it safe for the phone or battery to use it as a overnight charger? That's how I have been using it.

Yes, that's basically what it's designed for. There is a feedback mechanism that tells the charger that it's full so that it goes into trickle charge.

08-22-16 11:11 PM
    Wireless charging is the ultimate Bomb needed on all phones!
    I hate having to plug in the charger always afraid of breaking the tip!

Give me wireless charging or give me death!!
    08-23-16 10:27 AM
    What they need to standardize to is USB-C. In 3.0/3.1. It would be a lot easier on the charging port wearing down.
    08-24-16 09:55 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 10:14 AM
    What they need to standardize to is USB-C. In 3.0/3.1. It would be a lot easier on the charging port wearing down.
    Still need two hands to do anything with putting it on charge or taking it out. I couldn't care less about USB-C, other than if it provides for faster transfer rates, but not for charging...

08-24-16 01:32 PM
    I agree. I'm frustrated that my Z10 is going to become useless, not because of the death of BB10, the browser or the App Gap, but due to the wearing out of the USB port. I am already having to "doctor" my USB cables to fit the worn out pins.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:26 AM
    Yes. I want this too.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 11:52 AM
    I use the IDOO stand wireless charger by my bed and at my home office. It's convenient and I can use it when I am watching videos or just reading something and I dont need/want to hold it.

I carry a wired fast charger in my purse and use that at work or in emergencies (which I haven't had any yet). Also have a wired quick charger in car just in case.

But all in all, I prefer the wireless, would be spiffy it it was quicker... but not a deal breaker lol

09-01-16 12:38 PM
    I don't use it yet but new cars come with the wireless charging so I see it very useful in a car actually. No need for cables.
    09-01-16 12:54 PM
    I use the IDOO stand wireless charger by my bed and at my home office. It's convenient and I can use it when I am watching videos or just reading something and I dont need/want to hold it.

I carry a wired fast charger in my purse and use that at work or in emergencies (which I haven't had any yet). Also have a wired quick charger in car just in case.

But all in all, I prefer the wireless, would be spiffy it it was quicker... but not a deal breaker lol

Too fast and it could cause heating issues which would be bad for the battery health.

It would be nice if in the near future it would be possible and maybe have a small switch you can switch modes between fast charging if you need to quickly top off or regular wen you're leaving it overnight while you sleep.

09-03-16 12:43 PM
    With today's new chips and tech wireless charging should be a standard.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    anon(3641385) and slagman5 like this.
    09-04-16 11:03 AM
    Gave it up because of that. Just can't do without that convenience and is now a major factor for me. Tried with the wireless charging receiver at the back but for some strange reason the port does not allow it all the way in and hence a huge bump below the phone! Weird- on all other usb c phones the receiver would slide in all the way.
    10-08-17 03:44 AM
    Eh. I have wireless charging on my iphone 8+ but it is *so slow*. So while convenient to have, I much prefer the faster charging cycle without it.
    10-08-17 08:24 AM
    Yes I would like wireless charging.

The good news; with the KeyONE my plug in frequency is about 1/2-1/3 of my iPhone 6. I can't imagine wearing out the port at that rate.

But, yes... I expect it will be there on the K2.
    10-08-17 10:39 AM
    Wireless charging was nice to have in my Nexus 5 which I usually had to charge at least once during the day. But with the KEYone, which lasts me 2 full days (without turning it off at night), I have no problems plugging it in when I go to bed.

My toothbrush charges wirelessly which I assume is much more convenient to use than having a wired toothbrush.
    Your toothbrush is very probably getting wet … so that's why the manufacturers go with a sealed device and wireless charging. But you (hopefully) wouldn't put your phone in your mouth or rinse it under running water?
    10-08-17 11:32 AM
50 12