So, reading so many posts I can't believe so many people care about a stupid selfie camera and nobody has mentioned wireless charging. I'm so spoiled with my AT&T Classic, at night I just drop my phone on the charger and go to sleep. My usb port feels brand new when I have to use it, not getting loose like all of my other devices that have to be plugged and unplugged every night. Is this not a feature anyone cares about? Because it doesn't help you fill your memory card with photos of your duck face? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    peednus, CDM76, Mr Byte and 2 others like this.
    07-26-16 06:32 AM
    wireless charging is a very important part of buying a new phone. My Android has it now that I added a new back plate to it. I really miss the wireless charging I had with my Z30. I am so afraid the usb port will wear out....
    07-26-16 06:36 AM
    I still use it, but more of a nostalgia sake from my Touchstone days, on my nightstand for overnight charging. Qi just isn't as good as Touchstone.

I use QuickCharge 2 much more these days.
    07-26-16 06:38 AM
    I still use it, but more of a nostalgia sake from my Touchstone days, on my nightstand for overnight charging. Qi just isn't as good as Touchstone.

I use QuickCharge 2 much more these days.
    I only need to charge once a day overnight while I sleep. I don't need to heat up my battery more than needed with quick charge. Some people experience heating issues with wireless charging as well, but so far mine gets mildly warm but that's it...

CDM76 likes this.
    07-26-16 06:42 AM
    I only need to charge once a day overnight while I sleep. I don't need to heat up my battery more than needed with quick charge. Some people experience heating issues with wireless charging as well, but so far mine gets mildly warm but that's it...

My issues with Qi isn't so much the heating part, but the usage experience. Hate having to align the damn thing all the time. Touchstone just use magnets for aligning.
    07-26-16 06:45 AM
    My issues with Qi isn't so much the heating part, but the usage experience. Hate having to align the damn thing all the time. Touchstone just use magnets for aligning.
    Mine is a stand, so I just sit the phone down, never had an issue with alignment. But if you're using a pad that you have to lay the phone flat on, I can see how that could be a problem.

07-26-16 09:13 AM
    Qi charging is a deal-breaker for me. I can settle for having to buy a case to get Qi charging, but there's no way any BlackBerry will be popular enough for accessory makers to sell a Qi charging case, so it's got to be built-in. I've plugged in my iPhone maybe 10 times in the 6 months I've owned it thanks to the Spigen Qi case I bought. The Neon doesn't even have USB C, which makes plugging in less of a hassle.
    07-26-16 09:58 AM
    Been using wireless charging for my PRIV since day 1, it is more than quick enough --- i charge at night using the wireless charger as night stand, and have one in the office where i rest my PRIV whenever i dont use it. Always charged and always ready for action. Wires are just a hazzzle
    mavsguy842 likes this.
    07-26-16 11:53 AM
    Wireless charger is a must for phone. Quick charge as well. My desk has this space and a plug set up perfectly for a wireless charger pad and my 004 priv doesn't support it.

My next device will need wireless charging.

I'm happy with my priv but I might get rid soon.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-27-16 03:03 AM
    No, most don't charge with that.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 12:51 PM
    No, most don't charge with that.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, thanks for that information. But I don't really see anyone asking that question... Am I missing something?

07-29-16 06:44 AM
    I really wish it would be adopted more, I feel like it should be standard by now but obviously it's not a priority for OEMs
    07-29-16 02:28 PM
    I really wish it would be adopted more, I feel like it should be standard by now but obviously it's not a priority for OEMs
    I guess it isn't gimmicky enough to be easily marketed like fingerprint scanners and what-not...

07-29-16 02:52 PM
    I didn't know some priv's come without wireless charging. Mine works great......

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-01-16 05:32 PM
    I have had phones with QI charging and find it very convenient.
    08-01-16 06:49 PM
    Its extremely convenient, but not a deal breaker!
    08-02-16 12:55 PM
    I have the IXCC fast-wireless charger. Has rubber circle, so it holds in place along with slight angle.

Currently using with an S7 where it works nicely and no alignment issues like when had PRIV.

I did turn fast charging off. Does make phone hot and not even needed.

Just set phone down on it. No going back, a must have now. Now if only Android phones, all, didn't guzzle juice so fast, one area where my iPhone have shinned, but only area.

My PRIV slipped (me) off a upright charge stand and led to buying the S7 rather than wait for next BB model.
    08-04-16 05:17 PM
    I'm sure it is nice to have, but they would never fit the heavy duty cases I like.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    08-04-16 10:50 PM
    Okay, dumbo question - how do you know if your device has wireless charging?

I'm in AU and recently acquired a new AT&T Classic SQC100-2, so yep the international model.

And what sort of wireless charging equipment are you using?
    08-05-16 02:59 AM
    Okay, dumbo question - how do you know if your device has wireless charging?

I'm in AU and recently acquired a new AT&T Classic SQC100-2, so yep the international model.

And what sort of wireless charging equipment are you using?
    -2 has wireless charging, that's the version I have. It works on both Qi and PMA. Supposed to be optimized for PMA, but I'm using a Qi stand since there are more Qi options out there and it works fine.

08-05-16 09:24 AM
    It's nice to have but not necessary in my opinion. Rapid charge is more important for my use.

08-05-16 09:34 PM
    Just seems like a gimmick. . .I refer to this video:
    08-16-16 06:05 PM
    I used to think wireless charging was a gimmick. Now I can't live without it, yet another first world problem solved, lol!

08-16-16 06:33 PM
    Just seems like a gimmick. . .I refer to this video:
    The wireless charging saves your usb port from getting loose, and it makes putting your phone on charge and taking it off extremely easy. Often I am in a rush and with one hand I can just quickly grab the phone one-handed and run out the door. Or if I forgot my phone I can open the door to my room, lay halfway on my bed to just reach the phone with my one hand, then roll back out the door. So between those two reasons, I definitely want wireless charging in all of my future devices...

TgeekB likes this.
    08-16-16 06:58 PM
    Isn't wireless charging less energy efficient?
    It's still a gimmick for me.

The longest phone I've ever kept was for about 4 years and I've never had a problem with the charging port, so saying it saves the charging port is pointless for me.
    08-18-16 08:55 PM
50 12