I ordered one over month ago but still hasn't shown up. My home and app switch button just stopped working... not sure how much longer I can wait. Local shop quoted me $229! The screen was only $35 USD. If it was $100, I would have just bit the bullet.

I guess I should mention screen is cracked from drop, it didn't fall off.
    06-21-18 05:52 PM
    I ordered one over month ago but still hasn't shown up. My home and app switch button just stopped working... not sure how much longer I can wait. Local shop quoted me $229! The screen was only $35 USD. If it was $100, I would have just bit the bullet.

I guess I should mention screen is cracked from drop, it didn't fall off.
    30-60 days would not be uncommon. Look back at the listing and see what the delivery promise is. I bet it says 30-60 days. BTW $35 for a screen is way on the cheap side. Sure it's not a refurb? Post the link to the ad if you can.

*edit. I'll correct myself, just checked and the price of screens have come down a lot!
    06-21-18 06:38 PM
    Yeah you are correct it is up to 59 days for delivery. I just don't know how you ship shomething that slow. I have ordered stuff from China in the past, and it is usually about a month.
    06-22-18 09:37 AM
    Yeah you are correct it is up to 59 days for delivery. I just don't know how you ship shomething that slow. I have ordered stuff from China in the past, and it is usually about a month.
    Customs is what is causing the delay. Anything ordered abroad is held up by customs so they can make sure it's legal. Not to mention to make sure it follows any new tariffs our supreme leader can make up.
    06-22-18 10:14 AM
    These companies deal in volume in order to provide free or cheap shipping. It's not like at the end of the day the shipping guy runs down to the post office!

So they (or their forwarder) accumulate shipments to fill a shipping container which then comes to Canada via boat. Once off the boat the container must be unloaded, sorted and handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delays can fall at either end during this whole process.

Just in case you really wanted to know! Have a bright Prairie day!
    06-22-18 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. I wondered how they were able to do it so cheap.
    06-22-18 11:50 AM
    Well, while my package only took 3 days, it was initially shipped from Idaho, hit Missouri, then Tenn to come all of the way back to Seattle, a stone's throw from Idaho!!! It makes sense to them - not to me!
    06-22-18 12:51 PM
    which then comes to Canada via boat
    The old "Slow boat FROM China" saying>
    06-22-18 01:10 PM
    The old "Slow boat FROM China" saying>
    It takes a container ship 12-15 days to travel from China to the west coast of North America. That's usually cruising at about 18 knots. Lot faster than the old slow boat days!
    06-22-18 01:34 PM