Hey all, got the ketone this past week and still getting her dialed in. Might have to return it due to speakerphone not working but that's not here nor there.

Today's gripe is about the fact that fb messenger comes up EVERY TIME that I click on the Facebook messages button on the site.

I refuse to download the Facebook app and I refuse to download fb messenger. I don't want to see floating heads of people littering my home screen, and I just use fb to keep in touch with my kayaking buddies.

A few things I've read said that you can 'act like' you're about to install fb messenger and then hit cancel and it shouldn't Pop up again, but that doesn't help either..

Anyone have a fix for this?

Someone...help!
    Last edited by Ecm; 06-12-17 at 09:58 PM.
    06-12-17 04:44 PM
    I'm using a user agent so my device acts like windows and I don't get the prompt to install. It's definitely a pita and facebook kinda has ya by the nads unless you and your group take your discussion elsewhere.
    06-12-17 04:49 PM
    You can disable the talking heads in messenger if that helps. then it just functions as a separate chat app. I didn't think I wanted the app at first, but it works well. I don't think there's a way around using the messenger app though.

Maybe in chrome Dev options you can view the desktop site for fb?
    06-12-17 04:54 PM
    Thanks for replying people I appreciate it.

I just heard that downloading but then disabling the notifications for the app would work. I might try that..

Thanks again!
    06-12-17 09:48 PM
    Thanks for replying people I appreciate it.

I just heard that downloading but then disabling the notifications for the app would work. I might try that..

Thanks again!
    Disable chat heads. Or yes in android you can revoke an apps permissions to push any notifications at all.
    06-12-17 09:52 PM
    I have Messenger installed but turned off Chat Heads because I prefer it that way.

An alternative is using Messenger Lite, but that requires sideloading.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-13-17 01:28 AM
    +1 for Messenger Lite. works perfectly if you don't need the gadget features.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-13-17 02:40 AM
    Check out Simple Pro. It's a really good Facebook alternative.
    06-13-17 02:56 AM