I'm having difficulties fine tuning my phone and getting the optimum battery life. Are there any tricks to permissions and things like that? I saw that some people took away all of googles permissions and it sped up the phone a lot.

Thoughts?
    08-25-17 03:32 PM
    I'm having difficulties fine tuning my phone and getting the optimum battery life.
    What kind of battery life are you getting? Killing off Google related things unless you don't use them seems a bit overboard. You should have pretty good battery life with all of the standard things installed/running. If not, there's likely more at play here, like an app being a resource hog or something. Facebook and Snapchat are among the top offenders there.
    supertom likes this.
    08-25-17 03:55 PM
    My battery life is really good for the most part. Usually around 10+ hours on a charge using Pokemon go intermittently. I have Facebook messenger (only because I have to for contacting certain people which absolutely sucks! BBM ftw!) but don't have the Facebook App or instagram or anything else like that.

I've been finding that things with location services drains the battery really fast (not just Pokemon go which I know is a pig). Chrome sometimes decides to be a resource pig for normal browsing that doesn't involve videos. Sometimes the OS and those types of files, or whatever you call them, are using lots of Ram and battery for seemingly no reason.

I gave "BlackBerry launcher" and "find my device" device admin in settings if that makes a difference (I don't know what it means or if BlackBerry launcher should have the permission). In apps with usage access I took away permission from Amazon. Google play services/store and power Centre have permission.
    08-25-17 04:18 PM
    I guess I should clarify that my normal is 10+ hours. Today has been really bad though and all of my OS and essential service and file type things have been draining my battery fast. I'm at 24% battery after 7 hours of fairly light use. My brothers keyone is at 50% and we have the same apps and have been doing pretty much the same stuff today. Not sure why.
    08-25-17 05:30 PM
    You can always try changing the resolution to 720p?
    08-25-17 07:39 PM
    You can change the screen resolution?
    08-25-17 07:42 PM
    If your usage is atypical in a single day, just give it a reboot, could be something misbehaving in the background.

You can always go on a disabling/uninstalling spree if you truly don't use some of the features on it.
    08-25-17 07:42 PM
    My battery life is really good for the most part. Usually around 10+ hours on a charge using Pokemon go intermittently. I have Facebook messenger (only because I have to for contacting certain people which absolutely sucks! BBM ftw!) but don't have the Facebook App or instagram or anything else like that.
    Download Facebook Messenger LITE. I use it myself and denied permission to everything except my storage (so i can send pictures, etc) it's like a 25mb of space after install. Very light on memory and space! Has all the features of calling and messaging!

find the latest version on APKMirror
    08-25-17 08:25 PM
    That sounds way better! Thanks!
    08-25-17 09:04 PM
    If you are getting only 10 hours on a charge either you play Pokemon all day or you have something running wild and amuck. Post a screen shot of your battery usage so we can see what's going on (in shortcuts look for check battery level). Screen should be the biggest user of power...
    08-25-17 11:17 PM
    Usually I only play Pokemon go for 3-4 hours according to the description in the battery section and it eats up a lot of Mah. Screen is the highest and I have it turned to low and no adaptive. All of the android system and ui stuff eats up battery life and under "ram" android os takes up anywhere between 1gb- 1.4gb. Dunno if this is normal. Also when I use google maps it eats through my battery. I've tried tinkering with turning it to gps only and took off the active WiFi and Bluetooth scanning and didn't notice any difference. Aside from the android system and ui stuff its my location services and related apps that really chunk down my battery fast as in roughly 10% per hour. I used Go for 3hours and 11 min and it used 1055mah today.

My brother has the KeyOne but doesn't seem to lose battery as fast.

Also sorry for the late response. I didn't get a notification.
    09-04-17 01:36 AM