For the rome or hamburg?

August / September is too late. All the new big boys tend to come out to play at that time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-15-16 05:32 AM
    Haven't heard anything definitive. Will probably be much later than that
    06-15-16 05:36 AM
    I'm thinking around the earnings call.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 06:36 AM
    The next BlackBerry will be released in July. Had today the possibility to play around with a full touch, sleek and non slippery mode for 19 minutesl. As I understand the price point will be much less than the Priv. Not a high end, more like the Sony Xperia X and that is actually good enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android and BlackBerry Priv
    06-15-16 01:42 PM
    The next BlackBerry will be released in July. Had today the possibility to play around with a full touch, sleek and non slippery mode for 19 minutesl. As I understand the price point will be much less than the Priv. Not a high end, more like the Sony Xperia X and that is actually good enough.

Sure lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 01:46 PM

19 minutes? Not 20? Are you sure it was 19?

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    david7saad and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-15-16 01:46 PM
    Typo! It was 10 minutes and that was enough as it was Android and basically the same apps as Priv

06-15-16 01:59 PM
    Typo! It was 10 minutes and that was enough as it was Android and basically the same apps as Priv

Was it a modified Alcatel Idol 4 as some are predicting?

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-15-16 02:08 PM
    If this is true, more details please!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 02:32 PM

I actually spoke to John chen this after noon to confirm this. It appears you are telling the truth.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    06-15-16 02:49 PM
    I actually spoke to John chen this after noon to confirm this. It appears you are telling the truth.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    I've been meaning to call Chen back. He left me a voicemail the other day lol.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-15-16 02:53 PM
    As I heard. No specs and details as it was a pure BlackBerry with Androud. but the logo was very small. More that they don't want to have BlackBerry all over the front side. Ni lagging at all, but also not to many apps which could explain that.

06-15-16 02:55 PM
    As I heard. No specs and details as it was a pure BlackBerry with Androud. but the logo was very small. More that they don't want to have BlackBerry all over the front side. Ni lagging at all, but also not to many apps which could explain that.

Androud? Is the the codename for 10.4?
    06-15-16 04:19 PM
    BlackBerrycentral spoke of a June event for the unveiling right?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 05:24 PM

The Xperia X shows ~550 EUR right now meaning 6 and change for our Yankee brethren, and 800 for the Canucks. The 550 amount is from the gsmarena site so the final numbers could be different.
    06-15-16 05:33 PM
    LOL.

Man, i'm tired. This thread cracks me up, guys.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-15-16 09:57 PM
    BlackBerrycentral spoke of a June event for the unveiling right?

Posted via CB10
    June 16, 2017 .
    06-16-16 05:48 AM
    More details would help.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-16-16 07:09 AM

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    I just got back in the time machine. Can confirm that everything stated in thread is true
    06-16-16 08:55 AM
    Good. The "alt" key on my Q5 is on the fritz, meaning I either abandon punctuation- and fall prey to grammar nazis everywhere- or BB launches this new handset toot sweet.

I'm glad that BB still has that "Pizzawheel's phone is bust sort it John Chen" functionality.
    06-16-16 11:49 AM

If only I knew how to activate "non slippery mode"... must be a new feature.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-16 01:18 PM
    I think they'll talk about it at the earnings call...

I imagine the issue HOW they will sell the phones at this point. There were indications that they might be moving more to a direct to customer (enterprise) sales model. That will require a lot of work as they are trade laws, tax collection, support issues... they whole reason they used Digital River in the first place.

BlackBerry wants to cut the Retailers out (their markup anyway - to account for BlackBerry's markup of someone else's products)... but in the end, I don't know if they can afford to do it. And almost certainly they will reduce the number of markets that they sell to.
    06-16-16 01:43 PM
    If only I knew how to activate "non slippery mode"... must be a new feature.
    Before you know it, there will also be a hidden feature called "anti gravity mode" that automatically kicks in when the phone detects that it's been dropped in some way and the phone creates a localized zero gravity environment around itself and simply floats mid air allowing the user to conveniently snatch the device before any damage can happen...
    rickkel likes this.
    06-16-16 02:50 PM
    I read somewhere that they will be unveiled this year but released early 2017.. Jan-Feb.. I Can't remember the source but if I find it I'll post it..
    06-16-16 09:20 PM
    I read somewhere that they will be unveiled this year but released early 2017.. Jan-Feb.. I Can't remember the source but if I find it I'll post it..
    Sounds like a BlackBerry move. Stay tuned! More later! Coming soon!

I can so see them releasing a phone with the rumored specs of the Alcatel Idol phone, in 2017, for like $600USD
    06-16-16 10:34 PM
41 12