It just eliminates the OS's deliberate pauses.
    Assuming the OS is the problem, no?
    05-11-19 09:21 PM
    Assuming the OS is the problem, no?
    Not really. It's a universal fix. It's the first thing I do on every Android device I touch.
    05-11-19 09:23 PM
    Doesn't this just mask the problem?
    It speeds up the response time of the phone because the processor isn't spinning it's wheels with unnecessary visuals.
    05-11-19 09:29 PM
    Not really. It's a universal fix. It's the first thing I do on every Android device I touch.
    It speeds up the response time of the phone because the processor isn't spinning it's wheels with unnecessary visuals.
    Yeah, but what if an app is the issue? I see this as speeding up regular OS duties.
    05-11-19 09:31 PM
    Yeah, but what if an app is the issue? I see this as speeding up regular OS duties.
    Can't do much about a specific app, apart from clearing its cache.
    05-11-19 10:12 PM
    Also, I had slow down on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and then came the best thing... the screen popped loose. I got an Advanced Replacement in just a few days and reinstalled all 203 apps and settings as they were. The old one sputtered and lagged for quite a while and I hated the idea of a factory reset... new one runs like a racer... conclusion, do a factory reset. Make sure to be back up all notes (will be wiped) and contacts and calendars need to be backed up. If you already did it, do it again.
    05-12-19 09:33 AM
    Also, I had slow down on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and then came the best thing... the screen popped loose. I got an Advanced Replacement in just a few days and reinstalled all 203 apps and settings as they were. The old one sputtered and lagged for quite a while and I hated the idea of a factory reset... new one runs like a racer... conclusion, do a factory reset. Make sure to be back up all notes (will be wiped) and contacts and calendars need to be backed up. If you already did it, do it again.
    I did a wipe and reinstall not long ago. It was fine for about 2 weeks. Then the phone stopped managing ram properly and wouldn't close apps on its own or if I chose to close them in the popup window.
    05-12-19 10:15 AM
    Android coeds not need to close apps apparently managing memory it's own way. Ask Conite to explain or look around long back on CB for that. Something else is slowing your phone.
    05-12-19 01:50 PM
    Not sure if you did this yet, but I heard turning off Google Assistant really speeds things up.
    05-12-19 03:59 PM
    Android coeds not need to close apps apparently managing memory it's own way. Ask Conite to explain or look around long back on CB for that. Something else is slowing your phone.
    Yes, it closes apps on its own normally, but mine does not do that. It has always been that way even before I started installing a bunch of appsand I don't have Oreo.
    05-12-19 07:56 PM
    Not sure if you did this yet, but I heard turning off Google Assistant really speeds things up.
    I don't have it actively listening.
    05-12-19 07:58 PM
    I don't have it actively listening.
    So you disabled Voice Search?
    05-12-19 11:38 PM
    So you disabled Voice Search?
    No, it is still available to use if I hit the microphone icon. I just don't always have it listening to be active if I say OK Google.
    05-13-19 06:22 AM
    Uninstall the Facebook app. Your KeyOne will come alive. It's not enough to close the app, you must remove it. Use Facebook in the browser or use the Facebook Lite app.
    05-17-19 10:16 PM
    Uninstall the Facebook app. Your KeyOne will come alive. It's not enough to close the app, you must remove it. Use Facebook in the browser or use the Facebook Lite app.
    I don't use Facebook nor have it installed.
    05-18-19 07:05 AM
    First thing I do on any Android mobile phone is disable Chrome. I make Samsung Browser my default having used Samsung devices in between my Classic and now BE KeyOne. There are other good browser options of course but disabling Chrome makes a difference on ANY Android. Give it a shot if you have not already done so. Reboot and then see how things are performing.
    05-18-19 09:05 AM
    First thing I do on any Android mobile phone is disable Chrome. I make Samsung Browser my default having used Samsung devices in between my Classic and now BE KeyOne. There are other good browser options of course but disabling Chrome makes a difference on ANY Android. Give it a shot if you have not already done so. Reboot and then see how things are performing.
    Is this just a matter of making another browser the default browser?
    05-18-19 05:49 PM
    Disable Chrome first and then download another browser and make it the default. Chrome browser on Android devices is a resource hog.
    Is this just a matter of making another browser the default browser?
    05-18-19 06:04 PM
    Doesn't this just mask the problem?
    Yes that's all it does is mask the problem and so try the app called "Super Touch" it's not a permanent solution but it does work!
    Also install Greenify.
    I have the same issue and trust me it's irritating!
    The worst times are when it's downloading data and it locks up.
    Our chips are the cheap chips and that's the main problem.
    If Google and it BlackBerry comes out with an update I'd be totally shocked because this issue is the norm for Androids.
    05-18-19 10:42 PM
    Did that and it didn't do jack!
    Its the chip. We got low end chips!
    05-18-19 10:44 PM
    That's not the issue I don't have it and my phone still locks up.
    05-18-19 10:46 PM
    People the issue is the chip it doesn't have enough room to run properly.
    And Google needs to address the download data/write issue that's what's slowing and or locking our phones up.
    just watch the arrows at the time of freeze ups.
    BlackBerry should have installed a better chip and Google should have rebuilt the operating system to perform downloads and writes better.
    The developers need to find way to compress download and write better.
    The message app is also a visual hog that takes a few seconds to load but chose to apply a visual suck the experience out and away from Android.
    it's sad because BlackBerry came in first yet didn't have the cash to build a better mouse trap.
    05-18-19 10:58 PM
    First time this device released, people said it's blazingly fast. Here is the truth.
    05-19-19 11:59 AM
    First time this device released, people said it's blazingly fast. Here is the truth.
    Blazingly fast, no. Adequately fast, most of the time. Battery sipper, definitely.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-19-19 01:02 PM
    Blazingly fast, no. Adequately fast, most of the time.
    Yeah. Whatever. And here it is
    05-19-19 03:35 PM
61 123