I have had a KEYone for two years. It has never automatically closed apps when RAM is low and simply slows down. I did a complete wipe and reinstall a few months ago, but it started acting the same within a week. I have checked all permissions and looked at app memory usage to make sure I did not have any rogue ones. The phone struggled if more than a few apps were open.

A few months ago, my employer changed to MDM, so now I have a work profile on my phone. This has slowed my phone further, and it often can't handle more than 2 or 3 apps open at the same time.

I do rely on Google services but the historical performance shouldn't be such a problem.
    05-08-19 02:17 PM
    I have had a KEYone for two years. It has never automatically closed apps when RAM is low and simply slows down. I did a complete wipe and reinstall a few months ago, but it started acting the same within a week. I have checked all permissions and looked at app memory usage to make sure I did not have any rogue ones. The phone struggled if more than a few apps were open.

A few months ago, my employer changed to MDM, so now I have a work profile on my phone. This has slowed my phone further, and it often can't handle more than 2 or 3 apps open at the same time.

I do rely on Google services but the historical performance shouldn't be such a problem.
    Just go through your app list under storage and clear the caches.

You'll get to know the ones you need to stay on top of weekly.
    05-08-19 02:20 PM
    Just go through your app list under storage and clear the caches.

You'll get to know the ones you need to stay on top of weekly.
    Can you provide some more detail regarding individual apps and how to clear the cache in storage (besides for the overall device)?
    05-08-19 02:26 PM
    Can you provide some more detail regarding individual apps and how to clear the cache in storage (besides for the overall device)?
    With Oreo, you can't do it globally anymore.

Go to settings, storage, internal, other apps.

Go into each app and "clear cache".
    05-08-19 02:34 PM
    With Oreo, you can't do it globally anymore.

Go to settings, storage, internal, other apps.

Go into each app and "clear cache".
    I have the cdma. No Oreo. I know how to empty the general cache. Is there more?
    05-08-19 04:39 PM
    I have the cdma. No Oreo. I know how to empty the general cache. Is there more?
    Oh. No, that's it.

After clearing the cache, reboot by holding down the power button until it begins to restart.
    05-08-19 04:41 PM
    Oh. No, that's it.

After clearing the cache, reboot by holding down the power button until it begins to restart.
    Yup always do that.
    05-08-19 07:57 PM
    Do you know about turning on the developer options and reducing the animation times?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-08-19 08:19 PM
    I turn off my productivity tab don't know if does something always find that app buggy and slow dow my keyone when to much was on it I find my keyone speed pretty good
    05-08-19 09:07 PM
    Do you know about turning on the developer options and reducing the animation times?
    Yes, but I have never done it. Maybe it is time.
    05-09-19 06:28 AM
    I turn off my productivity tab don't know if does something always find that app buggy and slow dow my keyone when to much was on it I find my keyone speed pretty good
    I love the idea of the app, but I always forget to use it. Perhaps I will shut it down.
    05-09-19 06:29 AM
    I love the idea of the app, but I always forget to use it. Perhaps I will shut it down.
    If you aren't using an app, disable it.

I'd go through everything.. if you don't know what it does, search it and see if it's ok to disable.
    05-09-19 11:48 AM
    If you aren't using an app, disable it.

I'd go through everything.. if you don't know what it does, search it and see if it's ok to disable.
    I disabled it. I feel like things are a bit faster now.
    05-09-19 12:21 PM
    Yes, but I have never done it. Maybe it is time.
    This alone will speed up your phone. As soon as I got my KEYone BE I set all of the animation settings to. 5 down from 1. It makes a big difference in the phone's responsiveness.

I did this for my Motion and for that matter my Priv as well.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 05-10-19 at 03:01 AM.
    bh7171 likes this.
    05-09-19 12:30 PM
    stick with it, I have just over 200 apps installed and have disabled some natives and I use sdmaid to clear caches (oreo) and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is as snappy as day one...
    05-11-19 10:21 AM
    stick with it, I have just over 200 apps installed and have disabled some natives and I use sdmaid to clear caches (oreo) and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is as snappy as day one...
    I use SDMaid too. It doesn't really clear caches though. You still have to do that manually.
    05-11-19 10:24 AM
    Is there no way to do them all with that swell one click easy-peazy ?? Lazy me...
    05-11-19 11:18 AM
    Is there no way to do them all with that swell one click easy-peazy ?? Lazy me...
    Unfortunately, no.
    05-11-19 01:55 PM
    Does BlackBerry firmware disallow bulk access to app caches? There are a plethora of apps claiming to do that. Like CCleaner. None work at all or just BlackBerry??
    05-11-19 02:59 PM
    Does BlackBerry firmware disallow bulk access to app caches? There are a plethora of apps claiming to do that. Like CCleaner. None work at all or just BlackBerry??
    All.
    05-11-19 04:39 PM
    That being after marshmallow I assume…
    05-11-19 04:45 PM
    After Nougat.
    05-11-19 04:54 PM
    I have has the phone for two years. Not going anywhere. It's just abysmally slow.
    05-11-19 07:49 PM
    Doesn't this just mask the problem?
    05-11-19 09:07 PM
    Doesn't this just mask the problem?
    It just eliminates the OS's deliberate pauses.
    05-11-19 09:19 PM
61 123