06-07-17 08:21 AM
60 123
tools
    I had an iPhone 5C and hated it. OS is like, Yawn!
    At least, it works
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-05-17 06:10 PM
    I had an iPhone 5C and hated it. OS is like, Yawn!
    My wife thought the 5c was garbage and switched to the 5S few days later. She went for the color. There were hardware differences from my recollection, materials not even close.
    06-05-17 06:19 PM
    My wife thought the 5c was garbage and switched to the 5S few days later. She went for the color. There were hardware differences from my recollection, materials not even close.
    5c was intended to be a budget phone and wasn't good quality compared to other Apple devices.
    06-05-17 09:53 PM
    Have iPhone 7. Ordered Keyone CDMA. Up in the air as to whether I will switch number from iPhone to Keyone as daily driver.
    06-05-17 10:15 PM
    My advise is to try it out. give it a week at least. see for yourself
    06-06-17 10:23 AM
    I have an Iphone 6s and just got my K1 yesterday. I've been a longtime BB and IOS fan since 07.
    06-07-17 06:01 AM
    I'm so on the edge to switch to ios. Been BlackBerry since 2007.

Yep. A PassPort.
    06-07-17 06:36 AM
    Yep. I currently have an iPad and an iPhone SE, and i'm told that my new keyOne will arrive next week more or less.

I started out with a flip-phone, went to an android way late in the game (kitkat as i recall) then went to a BlackBerry Classic for the keyboard, i have a very sensitive touch and touchscreen gestures are kind of ham-fisted for my taste, plus my fingertips are kind of fat or something.

Anyway i used the android for not long at all. I suffered with the Classic for about a year, but even with pocket-protector and a stilgut book-style cover the damned thing kept turning on while it was in my pocket. Finally i gave up and bought the iPhone SE because i thought the fingerprint reader might provide a lower butt-factor.

Little did i know that the iPhone would be just as bad as the classic only it would ***** at me that there was no music playing, and i totally despise Siri and the whole crapple venus-flytrap/quicksand "take a bite" of hell business. I had to bust *** to figure out how to get my files off and on the thing. Apple is way messed up imo.

Anyway I'll probably keep the ipad just for drawing sketches, i can barely think without a picture. Though i might ditch the ipad for an android tablet for sketches, not sure yet.

Whether i use the keyOne as a phone, or as a PDA and keep using the iphone for a phone, or use it as a PDA and carry a throwaway prepaid as a phone, something's gotta give, being trapped in apple's garden sucks way too hard for my taste.

They have some nice features, like keeping files in sync between the iphone and ipad, and some other things, but the iphone is a consumer toy for those who can pay to become enslaved to their way of doing things, and i'm not the least bit interested in being chattel for their garden.
    06-07-17 07:43 AM
    I would love to switch to the Keyone from my iPhone 6s Plus. I always had iPhones except the Q10 and Classic which I gave up after about 1.5 years because of the app selection. I really want the keyboard back and while I loved the gesture based BB10 I don't mind using android.

For me the problem ist the Apple Watch. I bought the S2 Edition when it came out and I still absolutely love it. While I would easily give up my iPhone, there is no way I would give up the watch. And since the watch can't be used without the phone, I can't get the Keyone. Using two phones is out of question. And sadly all those android smartwatches are ugly and garbage in my opinion.

Sad
    06-07-17 07:57 AM
    Hey all: I made the switch from iPhone SE to the KEYone. The KEYone wins hands down in every area, most notably battery life, camera and design. I LOVE this phone!
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-07-17 08:21 AM
60 123