Yeah thats the hard part huh. I recently got a MacBook pro and being able to take calls FaceTime and message right from the MacBook is just superb. I know there are others who can't stand apple, but I'm only using Android now because of k1 and its still a work device. There too far off today to swing me for a primary.
    Ecosystem? You can do anything Apple can for ecosystem on Google with any Android or Apple device.. Which makes it better. My kids iPhone is all Google apps like photos. Also cross platform tra king apps like KidControl
    Googlecast is amazing.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-02-17 11:00 AM
    Ecosystem? You can do anything Apple can for ecosystem on Google with any Android or Apple device.. Which makes it better. My kids iPhone is all Google apps like photos. Also cross platform tra king apps like KidControl
    Googlecast is amazing.
    I guess. I never got into android after BB. I tried, I'm not up to date with their latest offerings. Only speaking for apple.
    06-02-17 11:03 AM
    The only compelling reason to switch from an iPhone 7/IOS 10 to a KeyOne is if you must have/insanely desire a phone with a PKB, and.only then because the KeyOne is the only new Android PKB phone. Otherwise, no.
    Price can be a big factor. In my area (Manitoba, Canada, eh!) my wife had an 8G iPhone 5c.
    She wanted more storage and a larger screen and was near the end of her contract.

So, I could get a 32G PRIV (or a couple of different Samsungs) for $0 on a 2 year contract.
    Any iPhone that would be even remotely similar was at least $200 out of pocket on a 2 year contract and many of them were the $200 with a minimum monthly contract of $85/month (her contract wound up at $60/month).

So, economics play a part.
    I have noticed that IOS is smoother and less maintenance than Android: I have an iPad and have never even worried about clearing the cache, for instance.
    However, the economics point to Android - at least for us.
    06-02-17 11:10 AM
    So, economics play a part.
    I have noticed that IOS is smoother and less maintenance than Android: I have an iPad and have never even worried about clearing the cache, for instance.
    However, the economics point to Android - at least for us.
    I have the same experience. It's a sign of a poorly tuned phone to be honest. When you have to start clearing caches, adjusting settings, turning of services daily for a device you just unbox when it was meant to run with all of that...as we approach 2018, its hard to swallow...specially laying out 600 on a unit upfront.
    06-02-17 11:25 AM
    I'm in the exact same boat. Made the switch in 2010 and rally have never liked the iphone much. I do have a Macbook so the ecosystem is helpful but I seem to know a lot of people that are comfortable w android. Any ideas on how to access I itunes??
    06-02-17 11:26 AM
    I think it depends a lot on where you are, and your profession. iPhone is slowly becoming the phone of choice in the corporate world.

Also, here in Canada, especially in Quebec, seems like everyone has an iPhone. I know on my side, 90% of my contacts has the "blue bubble" when I text them.

So very difficult to leave no matter how much you hate the phone
    06-02-17 12:06 PM
    I think it depends a lot on where you are, and your profession. iPhone is slowly becoming the phone of choice in the corporate world.

Also, here in Canada, especially in Quebec, seems like everyone has an iPhone. I know on my side, 90% of my contacts has the "blue bubble" when I text them.

What part of Quebec​?
    06-02-17 12:10 PM
    What part of Quebec​?
    Montreal!
    06-02-17 01:06 PM
    Googlecast is amazing.
    Yep! The best part is that their ecosystem allows flexibility, customization and is CROSS-PLATFORM, allowing freedom with anyone and everyone. That is a great asset.

Unlike Apple, who doesn't want anyone outside the walls of their compound. They get you by the short hairs making it difficult for some people to consider "outside" choices.
    Last edited by DolemiteDONS; 06-02-17 at 01:37 PM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-02-17 01:25 PM
    I'm in the exact same boat. Made the switch in 2010 and rally have never liked the iphone much. I do have a Macbook so the ecosystem is helpful but I seem to know a lot of people that are comfortable w android. Any ideas on how to access I itunes??
    Super easy! Read below.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/go...droid-3493159/
    06-02-17 01:40 PM
    Yeah thats the hard part huh. I recently got a MacBook pro and being able to take calls FaceTime and message right from the MacBook is just superb. I know there are others who can't stand apple, but I'm only using Android now because of k1 and its still a work device. There too far off today to swing me for a primary.
    You obviously don't know enough about Google and Android and their capabilities in the last two years. There are way more capabilities in the ecosystem than Apple for half the cost. .
    How's that FaceTime on your KEYone? Ahh yes, Apple does not share cross platform.
    I like my Macbook Pro as well for a laptop but it's all Google on it!
    DolemiteDONS and rarsen like this.
    06-02-17 01:47 PM
    I have the same experience. It's a sign of a poorly tuned phone to be honest. When you have to start clearing caches, adjusting settings, turning of services daily for a device you just unbox when it was meant to run with all of that...as we approach 2018, its hard to swallow...specially laying out 600 on a unit upfront.
    Exactly, it's not Android Marshmallow or Nougat. It the phone optimization . Pixel and KEYone are great optimization for Android.
    06-02-17 01:49 PM
    The only compelling reason to switch from an iPhone 7/IOS 10 to a KeyOne is if you must have/insanely desire a phone with a PKB, and.only then because the KeyOne is the only new Android PKB phone. Otherwise, no.
    Lol. Because you don't want one, one must be insane to make the switch. Got it.

Posted with my  Classic
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-02-17 01:57 PM
    You obviously don't know enough about Google and Android and their capabilities in the last two years. There are way more capabilities in the ecosystem than Apple for half the cost. .
    How's that FaceTime on your KEYone? Ahh yes, Apple does not share cross platform.
    I like my Macbook Pro as well for a laptop but it's all Google on it!
    Actually works pretty well, you can download the app in the google App Store. hashtag27
    06-02-17 02:15 PM
    Actually works pretty well, you can download the app in the google App Store. hashtag27
    Apple FaceTime on Android? Ummm
    Duo, Hangouts, Skype, BBM maybe but FaceTime by Apple on KEYone?
    06-02-17 03:27 PM
    Just pulling your leg.
    06-02-17 04:04 PM
    7plus user here. I hope not to get flack. However. - Slow down on the switch, its not even close to the 7. Its a sleek bb device but its nothing wow. I am using it as a work phone, but it still needs refinement.

Its definately a great throw back device and i love using it, but its parts bin isnt stand alone device level. Not just yet.

If you use imessage, facetime, and have the eco system across family and at home its not worth it. We need a flagship device.

I know many of you are eager but use it for a bit before selling yours.
    This is what happens when you, your family and many others star using Apple devices - you get locked in with a great pool of proprietary solutions. That's their underlying objective, to get more people to stay on their platform because of the lack of compatibility otherwise.

Thankfully there are messaging solutions which are cross platform, like Skype, WhatsApp, even BBM. There's plenty of choices. But yeah, if everyone is hooked on the Apple stuff like Facetime, Apple Pay, iMessage etc, then it's going to be a bit of a pain.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-02-17 09:31 PM
    This is what happens when you, your family and many others star using Apple devices - you get locked in with a great pool of proprietary solutions. That's their underlying objective, to get more people to stay on their platform because of the lack of compatibility otherwise.

Thankfully there are messaging solutions which are cross platform, like Skype, WhatsApp, even BBM. There's plenty of choices. But yeah, if everyone is hooked on the Apple stuff like Facetime, Apple Pay, iMessage etc, then it's going to be a bit of a pain.
    Also the thing is that even if you have an iDevice, you can still use Whatsapp or Skype or BBM... but you also get Facetime, iMessage... but the opposite is not true!
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-04-17 12:37 AM
    Also the thing is that even if you have an iDevice, you can still use Whatsapp or Skype or BBM... but you also get Facetime, iMessage... but the opposite is not true!
    But you don't get Hub or ability to customize anything. Ecosystem is now better with Google in last two years imo. iOs is boring.
    Long time iPhone users just don't see the advancements made in Google and Android in last 2-3 years. They are stuck thinking there is nothing better out there.
    We all know the reality :-)
    06-04-17 01:18 AM

I'm curious tho? Does Apple design their ecosystem to force you to keep on using their devices?
    06-04-17 02:11 AM
    But you don't get Hub or ability to customize anything. Ecosystem is now better with Google in last two years imo. iOs is boring.
    Long time iPhone users just don't see the advancements made in Google and Android in last 2-3 years. They are stuck thinking there is nothing better out there.
    We all know the reality :-)
    Yeah I see you. But 99% of corporate users does not want customization (since it makes it more difficult to manage).

Also lots of people like my mom just want a phone that is simple and just works.

But in the end, it's all about image. A few years back, Harley Davidson sold the worse possible bikes... they they even leaked oil at the showrooms. But they were selling millions of them
    06-04-17 07:29 AM
    Perhaps, but is it the PHONE's fault? In my humble opinion (in computing since the punch card days) it's the OPERATING SYSTEM design (Android).

The phone manufacturer likely has limited ability to intervene in things like this - really they are like the PC manufacturers who are stuck with the foibles of Windows.
    Or, you can buy a Mac at triple (or more) the price.

So, in the "bang for the buck" I'm going to deal with a bit of OS maintenance rather than laying out hundreds of dollars extra for IOS.

It's like buying a muscle car: you're going to pay at the gas pumps, but when you whack that GO pedal and smell the burning rubber, it's all worth it!
    06-05-17 09:16 AM
    I switched to an iPhone from a curve in 2010. I'm on my 3rd iphone and I don't see a compelling reason to switch. The only downside I seem to find with the iphones are the price.
    Last edited by co4nd; 06-05-17 at 10:25 AM.
    06-05-17 10:09 AM
    I get where many here are coming from. But with the new i8 launch in a few months and possibly a k1 refresh or a revision in another 1.5 years? How long will the k1 keep it going. I personally don't have that faith in BB or TCL, I've lost too much $ on them. Resale, or just phones becoming garbage after a years use. For a business line i love it. its something different.

I see many are already selling their iPhones and other gadgets to get the k1. Before you consider it as your main device.....The technology between them is too far apart. Aesthetics aside, it its a $250 component device; there are many options out there with same specs this price point. Yes minus the battery and the keyboard, which does not equal to $300 up charge. You can pick up an iphone 7 32g for $699 and Best buy runs tuns of promos dropping it to $450-$600 depending on carrier of course.

Also comes to support, that 7 Plus will get all the OS/support updates for the next 5 years. For the hundreds of millions they sell, quality is still superb.

Just a thought.
    bluesqueen23 and Alain_A like this.
    06-05-17 10:37 AM
    I had an iPhone 5C and hated it. OS is like, Yawn!
    06-05-17 05:05 PM
60 123