Just out of curiosity, are there any IOS'ers making the move to BB? It's very difficult to leave Apple's ecosystem IMO but hope there are some. I left BB in 2010 begrudgingly to Android once they hit Eclair 2.0 and have stayed in the OS so it's an easy shift. I wanted to see if the keyboard/battery combo is a compelling enough of a case for some of you deep in Apple IOS to make the move.
    06-01-17 09:12 AM
    I think some people will buy k1 and keep their iPhone.
    I used to have a iPhone 7 but sold it to buy an ipad pro.
    so I bought a zenfone 3 which was cheap enough.
    Today I wish I had kept my iPhone only for one reason; one flying app that works better on ios.
    06-01-17 09:18 AM
    I switched from iPhone 6 and am not looking back. Yes, iOS is quite a nice system and has several high-quality apps. However, I had a stint with Android a few years back as well. To me, the major OS are virtually identical - you can get done whatever you need to quite nicely on either. Beyond that, I am really enjoying the BB keyboard again. This K1 is shaping up well as a professional/business phone, so if that's your use case, I can't see anything better at the moment.
    anon(870071) and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-01-17 09:33 AM
    The only compelling reason to switch from an iPhone 7/IOS 10 to a KeyOne is if you must have/insanely desire a phone with a PKB, and.only then because the KeyOne is the only new Android PKB phone. Otherwise, no.
    06-01-17 10:28 AM
    I picked up my BlackBerry KEYone yesterday at Best Buy. I was using the iPhone 7 Plus prior. Not going back. iOS is a great ecosystem but I'm just not happy with how slow they are with updating with features consumers want. For me, it's just a simple thing as dark theme. I'm loving the KEYone. Great battery is the first noticeable difference to me. With android, the KEYone is a perfect blackberry because I still have all the apps I used to with iOS. Again, I'm loving my KEYone!Any Iphone users making the switch?-fullsizerender-2.jpg
    06-01-17 12:48 PM
    Used to have an iPhone 6+ bought a passport se just out of curiosity. Made it my main phone as an experiment. Liked it but hated the fact that the os was just not supported by the App designers. Very happy with the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 12:55 PM
    Good to hear there are some of you out there. Also a nice reminder there are those who live with a secondary. Good stuff all around. IQ Business Company, great narrative about making the jump and now getting all the app support too. Bredamota, good stuff!!! There definitely seems to be a market for the KeyOne which is awesome.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-01-17 01:34 PM
    I've been using an iPhone for the past year due to work, my KEYone should be in tomorrow and I guarantee I will not be going back. Tried the Priv but it didn't work out. FYI I will have an iPhone 6s for sale tomorrow.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-01-17 01:39 PM
    Just out of curiosity, are there any IOS'ers making the move to BB? It's very difficult to leave Apple's ecosystem IMO but hope there are some. I left BB in 2010 begrudgingly to Android once they hit Eclair 2.0 and have stayed in the OS so it's an easy shift. I wanted to see if the keyboard/battery combo is a compelling enough of a case for some of you deep in Apple IOS to make the move.
    Ecosystem? No longer an issue in last two years. Come over to Google! GoogleCast is superior and a 1/3 of cost! Plus with Google you have same sharing between devices.
    Besides, you can use Google ecosystem on any Apple device. You can't use Apple ecosystem on Android devices.
    I have my daughters iPhone all rigged with Google apps (google photos, kid control, etc etc)
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-01-17 01:40 PM
    To add to my comment I would've personally preferred BB10 stuck around as I loved my Passport SE but what can you do except succumb to the phone gods.
    06-01-17 01:40 PM
    i've been an iphone user for many years, but i'm selling my iphone 7 to get the blackberry keyone! the only thing i'm worried about with switching is imessage, but it's not too big of an issue for me! i really want the PKB and i use my phone for my business quite often, so i think it's a good time to switch!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-01-17 05:58 PM
    7plus user here. I hope not to get flack. However. - Slow down on the switch, its not even close to the 7. Its a sleek bb device but its nothing wow. I am using it as a work phone, but it still needs refinement.

Its definately a great throw back device and i love using it, but its parts bin isnt stand alone device level. Not just yet.

If you use imessage, facetime, and have the eco system across family and at home its not worth it. We need a flagship device.

I know many of you are eager but use it for a bit before selling yours.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-01-17 07:01 PM
    Yes. I've been with apple since 2010 with some wandering to webos briefly with the pre 2 then back again until the passport back a few months ago as a secondary phone. This KeyOne is amazing. The keyboard is so much better than I'd thought it would be. I can fly on it with very few mistakes. Getting used to android but at this point both ecosystems are mature and have everything from an app perspective. Make the switch, you won't regret it. Cheers and good luck.
    06-01-17 07:42 PM
    How could they? It's not available.
    skinnymike1 and phuoc like this.
    06-01-17 07:43 PM
    I used to be a BB user, but switched to iOS. I am fully switching back to BB for the K1.
    phuoc and terminatorx like this.
    06-01-17 07:48 PM
    Picked up my KEYone yesterday from Bestbuy. Switching from an iPhone 7. Wished I could have purchased a case and screen protector at the same time.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-01-17 08:08 PM
    Been using the iPhone 7 plus since the Priv. Got my K1 last week. Love it. Sold iPhone.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-01-17 11:54 PM
    Been using iPhone 7 after I put my classic and passport in the drawer.

Got the keyone on Wed and am trying to sell my iphone

And man do I miss my physical keyboard
    06-02-17 06:01 AM
    I replaced my iPhone 5s with BlackBerry KEYone and really I don't miss my old phone at all because KEyone do everything easily and efficiently

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-02-17 07:51 AM

If you use imessage, facetime, and have the eco system across family and at home its not worth it. We need a flagship device.
    This is the ecosystem comment I had made. What I would think most iPhone users would feel. Totally valid. Perhaps why I never got too invested in their ecosystem and only use a macbookpro.

I switched from a Galaxy7 so it's been an easy transition and definitely the only phone I'm gonna need.
    06-02-17 08:18 AM
    Yes. I've been with apple since 2010 with some wandering to webos briefly with the pre 2 then back again until the passport back a few months ago as a secondary phone. This KeyOne is amazing. The keyboard is so much better than I'd thought it would be. I can fly on it with very few mistakes. Getting used to android but at this point both ecosystems are mature and have everything from an app perspective. Make the switch, you won't regret it. Cheers and good luck.
    Great to hear!!! And so cool to hear people making or having made the switch. Iphones are great but I always am a fan of competition to push phone developers and designers.

Hoping BestBuy makes good on those June 2 and 3 pick up days for that hour or two it popped up on release day after the initial batch sold out in the middle of the night.

I picked mine up at 9am that first day (ordered online at 5am for same day pick up) so here's hoping they get more stock this weekend.
    06-02-17 08:19 AM
    Funny that this thread was created because i've been wondering the same thing!

I am currently an owner of a iPhone 6+ on Sprint and ever since I seen the Keyone back in April, I knew that it was gonna be my new phone. It's just a sexy phone per the pics I've seen. i've had android before iphone so im comfortable with the layout. i've also owned blackberries in the past. looking forward to the launch date through Sprint!
    06-02-17 08:38 AM
    I'll be purchasing KeyOne (CDMA) when it's available and selling my Priv. I currently use an iPhone 7 for my personal device and a Priv for my business device. I can't see myself ever fully leaving Apple & I'm fine with that. I like their products and the majority of my friends and family have iPhones as well. Having said that, I'm very excited to purchase a KeyOne for my business phone.
    06-02-17 08:54 AM
    Well....kind of lol. I was a iPhone 7 Plus user and a Galaxy user before the Keyone. I was so disappointed in the Keyone launch that I went out and bought another Galaxy s8+ on launch day lol.

Once Amazon announced that it was available, I ordered one and have it all setup now!

Not gonna sell off the other phones yet, but I'm probably gonna have a Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 Edge a couple of other devices for sale soon? The iPhone 7 Plus has already been claimed by the wife.....
    06-02-17 08:56 AM
    This is the ecosystem comment I had made. What I would think most iPhone users would feel. Totally valid. Perhaps why I never got too invested in their ecosystem and only use a macbookpro.

I switched from a Galaxy7 so it's been an easy transition and definitely the only phone I'm gonna need.
    Yeah thats the hard part huh. I recently got a MacBook pro and being able to take calls FaceTime and message right from the MacBook is just superb. I know there are others who can't stand apple, but I'm only using Android now because of k1 and its still a work device. There too far off today to swing me for a primary.
    06-02-17 10:44 AM
60 123