I have purchased my KEYone from selfridges last year because that was pretty much the only place that had it at the time. Recently noticed a corner of the screen was starting to lift so decided to send it in for fixing before the warranty runs out. Man, I had such a bad experience dealing with this store. . I know it is not a phone shop, it is a department store for fancy people. But the customer support team was totally unhelpful. Every time I called I got a different answer. First I was told via email to call them and set up a collection for the phone to be shipped to them. OK, I called and was told that no, they only accept returns within the first 6 months and I should contact Blackberry directly. Err, so how do I prove to Blackberry I am under warranty? oh, well, you know, you must have some email of the purchase (they said) . I thought this is total BS but I should give it a try. Couldn't get hold of any Blackberry Mobile support so I emailed Selfridges again. was told again to call in and set up a collection. OK, called in, told the whole story again, they set up the collection, next day the phone was collected, one week later I get an email from Selfridges asking why did I returned the phone to them since it has been over 6 months and they don't offer refunds after that period. Oh.. so I email them back, telling my story again, saying that I'm not asking for a refund, I want them to send it to Blackberry to be serviced. I'm told the email will be forwarded to the relevant department. another week passes with no updates. I call them, they say they have the phone but is under inspection and due for a refund. I tell them again I just sent the phone in to be serviced. The guy says ok, I will let them know and will update you later today. Nothing happened. email them next day asking for an update, asking for anything, a replacement, refund, I need a phone! They answer, and get this, I'm told they do not send replacements so might as well go ahead and buy a new phone from their shop. But what about my old phone? or a refund? As of today it has been 3 weeks. I emailed them today asking for an update and they said it can take up to 8 weeks. This is just outrageous. When my Sony phone needed fixing I got it back in one week. Selfridges customer service is just so so poorly managed.. has anyone returned their phone to them? How long did it take?
    04-26-18 05:06 AM
    I have purchased my KEYone from selfridges last year because that was pretty much the only place that had it at the time. Recently noticed a corner of the screen was starting to lift so decided to send it in for fixing before the warranty runs out. Man, I had such a bad experience dealing with this store. . I know it is not a phone shop, it is a department store for fancy people. But the customer support team was totally unhelpful. Every time I called I got a different answer. First I was told via email to call them and set up a collection for the phone to be shipped to them. OK, I called and was told that no, they only accept returns within the first 6 months and I should contact Blackberry directly. Err, so how do I prove to Blackberry I am under warranty? oh, well, you know, you must have some email of the purchase (they said) . I thought this is total BS but I should give it a try. Couldn't get hold of any Blackberry Mobile support so I emailed Selfridges again. was told again to call in and set up a collection. OK, called in, told the whole story again, they set up the collection, next day the phone was collected, one week later I get an email from Selfridges asking why did I returned the phone to them since it has been over 6 months and they don't offer refunds after that period. Oh.. so I email them back, telling my story again, saying that I'm not asking for a refund, I want them to send it to Blackberry to be serviced. I'm told the email will be forwarded to the relevant department. another week passes with no updates. I call them, they say they have the phone but is under inspection and due for a refund. I tell them again I just sent the phone in to be serviced. The guy says ok, I will let them know and will update you later today. Nothing happened. email them next day asking for an update, asking for anything, a replacement, refund, I need a phone! They answer, and get this, I'm told they do not send replacements so might as well go ahead and buy a new phone from their shop. But what about my old phone? or a refund? As of today it has been 3 weeks. I emailed them today asking for an update and they said it can take up to 8 weeks. This is just outrageous. When my Sony phone needed fixing I got it back in one week. Selfridges customer service is just so so poorly managed.. has anyone returned their phone to them? How long did it take?
    Generally, when dealing with companies nowadays, it's best to follow their standard procedures for the location purchased. It seems that deviation leads to confusion.
    04-26-18 05:41 AM
    yes but every customer service person told me a different thing. it seemed they didn't really know what to tell me. one was saying to send it to them, the other to send it to blackberry, then another so send it to them, then why did I sent it to them? it is just unprofessional. It would have been fine if they let me know what the procedure actually was.
    04-26-18 06:08 AM
    yes but every customer service person told me a different thing. it seemed they didn't really know what to tell me. one was saying to send it to them, the other to send it to blackberry, then another so send it to them, then why did I sent it to them? it is just unprofessional. It would have been fine if they let me know what the procedure actually was.
    I'd honestly just ask them to send it back to you and fix it yourself with double sided tape or get a local phone shop to do it for cheap
    04-26-18 06:12 AM
    Was the phone purchased online or in store?
    04-26-18 08:32 AM
    Ordered online.
    04-26-18 08:57 AM
    Selfridges told me that after one month I would have to deal with 'Blackberry'

Posted via CB10
    04-26-18 11:19 AM
    Selfridges told me that after one month I would have to deal with 'Blackberry'

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they told me that after 6 months they don't take returns. But the retail store needs to contact the manufacturer first to confirm the purchase, after that the manufacturer will deal with it. At least that was the case with my old Sony being repaired. Otherwise how could you prove you are under warranty? Also, tried calling Blackberry mobile just to see if they would fix it directly but could not get past the menu. I was asked to type in my IMEI to be directed to the relevant team or something like that but apparently the IMEI was not recognised.
    04-26-18 06:07 PM