Hi all

I have a BlackBerry Keyone (which is great) running Android nougat purchased from Vodafone.

Can someone tell me who is responsible for sending out any security patches? I am currently showing July 2017 and when contacting VF they say it is down to BlackBerry! Is that true as some stuff I have read say anything other than a phone from Blackberry.com is down to the carrier.

Any ideas.
    Thanks in advance.
    Woody
    09-21-17 02:45 AM
    Title is meant to say Android security patch! D'oh!
    09-21-17 02:46 AM
    Google Pixel XL user here.

Rocking security patch level September 5th, 2017.

Pixel - the world's most secure Android smartphone.
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    09-21-17 03:14 AM
    it depends. if you buy a phone unlocked it is BlackBerry that is responsible. Now if you buy a phone from a telephone company they are responsible. BlackBerry sends them the security patch. they sit on their hands for almost a month and then deliver the update. it is absolutely frustrating. I am on Rogers in Canada and we are still waiting.
    09-21-17 03:16 AM
    it depends. if you buy a phone unlocked it is BlackBerry that is responsible. Now if you buy a phone from a telephone company they are responsible. BlackBerry sends them the security patch. they sit on their hands for almost a month and then deliver the update. it is absolutely frustrating. I am on Rogers in Canada and we are still waiting.
    09-21-17 03:17 AM
    09-21-17 03:18 AM
    TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) is responsible for getting security patches to the end user.

TCL pays BlackBerry to provide them with the updates in the first place.

Sep patch rollout started Sep 8. Most will have it by the end of this week.
    09-21-17 08:28 AM
    Hi all

I have a BlackBerry Keyone (which is great) running Android nougat purchased from Vodafone.

Can someone tell me who is responsible for sending out any security patches? I am currently showing July 2017 and when contacting VF they say it is down to BlackBerry! Is that true as some stuff I have read say anything other than a phone from Blackberry.com is down to the carrier.

Any ideas.
    Thanks in advance.
    Woody
    If it's purchased FACTORY unlocked then it's BlackBerry Mobile. If it's purchased through a Cell phone carrier then it's on that carrier to push out updates
    09-21-17 08:46 AM
    Google Pixel XL user here.

Rocking security patch level September 5th, 2017.

Pixel - the world's most secure Android smartphone.
    Look at me! Look at me! I have the Android version of an iPhone. Yay, it's so wonderful
    09-21-17 08:47 AM
    Thanks all - so it is down to Vodafone but they are saying otherwise! Typical!
    Cheers
    Woody
    09-21-17 08:48 AM
    Woody, Who did you contact at Vodafone as I wanted to chase them too? I'm in UK and still on July update and that was after replacement just a week ago due to screen lift. Was hoping the new phone would come with the August update!
    09-21-17 02:43 PM
    Woody, Who did you contact at Vodafone as I wanted to chase them too? I'm in UK and still on July update and that was after replacement just a week ago due to screen lift. Was hoping the new phone would come with the August update!
    I had to call CS via 191 and got passed around 3 times before someone fobbed me off with saying it is down to BlackBerry to release it.
    09-21-17 07:03 PM