Sure I'll miss the trackpad..

Posted via CB10
    zodmode247 likes this.
    05-23-17 07:41 PM
    Not a complaint​, more of a wish list:
    A plus size and specs, dual sim with weight saving
    05-23-17 08:18 PM
    I just returned my KeyOne. I tried oil and it did not work. The squeak got worse and worse so I decided to return and revisit the KeyOne once the initial batches have gone out.
    You mean the Keyboard squeaks ? Have the same issue - it is really terrible!
    05-26-17 01:51 AM
    05-26-17 04:13 AM
    My main complaint right now is not having one.
    05-26-17 05:41 AM
    My main complaint right now is not having one.
    I have same complaint although we together stretching a complaints thread too far positively...

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    divernan likes this.
    05-26-17 06:07 AM
    I had the Q10, Classic and PRIV. KEYone is the BEST BlackBerry ever. I also had some other Android devices like the Moto G4, G4 Play, Xperia X, Galaxy A3, they all suck compared to the KEYone.
    05-26-17 07:26 AM
    Keyboard feels cramped compared to the Passport.
    I found the same going from the Passport to the Classic. Is the KeyOne similar to the Classic as far as the keyboard is concerned?
    05-26-17 08:02 AM
    Yes, but you do get used to it and putting it in a case helped, as it gave me more to hold on to.
    05-26-17 08:09 AM
    Two days of use, and I find the K1 exactly as I was hoping it would be.
    Only one complaint, but its a fault 50% Android 50% BBM I'd say.

The K1 lacks a true blue light filter.
    On Nougat 7.0 its possible, via hidden menu "System UI Tuner",
    to use an app, "Night mode enabler", which dims the screen, but also tints it,
    so the temperature is less cold.
    Its an hidden feature of Android, from what I've understood.
    So, on N 7.0, Night Mode = screen dimmed, temperature changed, and _without_ affecting the pure blacks.
    On N 7.1 there is no more the "tint" feature, I think, so the hidden feature is still here,
    and we can dim the screen below the value (too high!) of the K1, but for the tint we must use an app like Twilight, which _does_ affect the pure blacks.
    So, having the home screen (Nova Launcher + Glyphsy icon pack) with a pure black bg, and also Textra, Signal and Aquamail (I like this over the stock Hub Mail app) with a pure black bg, I'm annoyed by the blacks being no more pure.

I dont know if I have to blame more Google for still not having finalized this feature, or BBM for not having implemented it; other manufacturers have it: the Iphones since springtime 2016, if I remember correctly, but e.g. also the Samsung A3etc 2017, so it seems its possible, BBM side...

I dont know if my above assumptions are all correct... but anyway,
    my complaint is only this one, lack of real Blue light filter.
    This aside, K1 is perfect for emails, and, more in general, writing is a lot less stressful than on VKBs.
    Its not only a speed issue, its a comfort issue.
    You dont have to constantly use your eyes to control where and what you're typing.

So... back to the missing blue light filter..
    hoping for an update (post AAL? I've AAK 879, but dont think AAL current build has this option):
    less DTEK, more useful stuff!
    05-26-17 10:00 PM
    I'd suggest you try doing something more interesting while in bed than using your KEYone....#justsaying
    05-26-17 10:12 PM
    Keyboard feels cramped compared to the Passport.
    Keep hitting the Convenience Key when picking up to answer the phone - which mutes it!
    No Bedside Mode (the work around is fiddly and doesn't work the same).
    Android seems to over complicate everything!!!! I'm sure someone will counter with a 'versatility/options/customisation' argument but it just seems to me that setting up anything feels so long winded
    The keyboard will quite obviously be more cramped than the passport. I don't think it's a cramped keyboard at all, however. Do Not Disturb works nearly identical to bedside mode.... You literally pull down the quick toggle options from the lock screen just as you would on BB10. Could you please elaborate on what takes so long to set up on android?
    05-26-17 10:18 PM
    I'd suggest you try doing something more interesting while in bed than using your KEYone....#justsaying
    I've experienced that the usefulness of the blue light filter, as I've used it on at least 3 phones in the last 3-4 months, starts at sunset.
    And thats not only me.
    I dont know if its because of the change in light temperature due to inside illumination or what.
    I know that this feature is a godsend.
    05-26-17 11:18 PM
    I hated the Priv. If this is a priv with a smaller screen and better battery life I won't be happy.
    Last edited by Twrex805pride; 05-26-17 at 11:34 PM.
    05-26-17 11:20 PM
    I hated the Priv. If this is a priv with a smaller screen and better battery life I won't be happy.
    What reviews have you been watching!? :-)
    05-26-17 11:59 PM
    keyboard could be easier to press for sure. ideally something like passportSE

audio jack out put also subpar.

faster processor would be welcome too.
    05-27-17 12:46 AM
    Do Not Disturb works nearly identical to bedside mode.... You literally pull down the quick toggle options from the lock screen just as you would on BB10. Could you please elaborate on what takes so long to set up on android?
    Do not Disturb does not work like Bedside Mode. It does not set up the clock in night mode, the clock is too small and notifications are all or nothing, i.e. you cant set it to just phone calls.
    05-27-17 03:05 AM
    I think the convenience key placement and power button placements are my biggest complaint. Also, I wish there was more space between the top of the keyboard and the capacitive keys. Other than that I'm really loving this phone.
    Conven. Key placement is in an awkware posi....
    05-27-17 04:27 AM
    Missing swipe gestures. No custom hub view shortcuts, swipe down for symbols and numbers is missing and so are advanced interactions. Other than that it's a winner.

Just feels like it's not finished yet.
    Really? You can't swipe down while typing go bring up the numbers and such? That has to have changed by now with an update right?
    05-27-17 06:37 AM
    My only complaint about Keyone is the difficulty in obtaining the units in London. Carphone warehouse have suggested I come into selfridges on 4 occassions.... a smiling face greats me to say.. sorry none have come in.. after 15 years being a hardcore blackberry user.... Am moving over to Samsung...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 09:51 AM
    My only complaint about Keyone is the difficulty in obtaining the units in London. Carphone warehouse have suggested I come into selfridges on 4 occassions.... a smiling face greats me to say.. sorry none have come in.. after 15 years being a hardcore blackberry user.... Am moving over to Samsung...

Posted via CB10
    I hear their PKB is awesome. Just as good as BlackBerry PKB from what I've...... that's OK, you didn't really want any PKB.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 07:39 PM
    its been second day with Keyone and not much impressed. small screen size and pkb.

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-03-17 07:36 AM
    That's why I am still thinking about key one or s8 plus
    06-03-17 07:49 AM
    Fourth day im more and more impressed. Only complaint would be the side buttons really take time getting used to. They're pretty sensitive and the power button is in a place that gets in the way when I grab it with my left hand

Being able to create fingerprint sensor access with left and right thumbs is awesome though.
    06-03-17 08:06 AM
    Really? You can't swipe down while typing go bring up the numbers and such? That has to have changed by now with an update right?
    Playing with my Keyone I discovered a couple of things that people are complaining about...first, the swipe down to display the numbers and symbols IS available BUT only on the virtual keyboard...may not be what is wanted, but it's there...second, I believe some users are complaining that capitalizing a letter is not possible on the PKB...it is...just do a long press on the letter and a screen appears showing options ....just like it works on the VK on our BlackBerry.

Posted using Z30 on CB
    vpblaze and mhw100 like this.
    06-03-17 08:22 AM
103 ... 2345