Keyboard feels cramped compared to the Passport.
    Keep hitting the Convenience Key when picking up to answer the phone - which mutes it!
    No Bedside Mode (the work around is fiddly and doesn't work the same).
    Android seems to over complicate everything!!!! I'm sure someone will counter with a 'versatility/options/customisation' argument but it just seems to me that setting up anything feels so long winded
    Set up Daydream. Once you figure it out, it is easy, maybe easier. First off, it is easy to swipe down and choose Do Not Disturb, then put it on charge, and Daydream automatically activates the dimmed clock. In practice, it is no different than enabling Bedside mode, you still have to swipe down and enable Bedside mode. The only difference is the fact that Daydream kicks in when you put it on charge.

The nice thing about Daydream, is you can download different Daydreams. I downloaded a clock I like better.
    05-13-17 08:46 PM
    Have you adjusted settings at all?

Posted via CB10
    Which settings? If I take pictures with an adjusted exposure of +0,5 , they are good.
    05-13-17 11:57 PM
    Is the difference that big that you regret getting the K1?
    I would say he's just not used to it; this happens with Passport to Priv also.
    Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 12:20 AM
    Set up Daydream. Once you figure it out, it is easy, maybe easier. First off, it is easy to swipe down and choose Do Not Disturb, then put it on charge, and Daydream automatically activates the dimmed clock. In practice, it is no different than enabling Bedside mode, you still have to swipe down and enable Bedside mode. The only difference is the fact that Daydream kicks in when you put it on charge.

The nice thing about Daydream, is you can download different Daydreams. I downloaded a clock I like better.
    There is no Daydream in Nougat. It's now called 'Do Not Disturb' and the choices are either no notifications or ALL notifications from your favourite contacts. You cannot select phone calls only. The clock on DND does not auto rotate and is very small. If you use Clock as screensaver then it is disabled by the first notification that comes through.
    05-14-17 01:19 AM
    I would say he's just not used to it; this happens with Passport to Priv also.
    Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I will eventually get used to it but that does not get around the fact that the keyboard is more cramped and therefore makes my typing less efficient.

And I will never 'get used' to the fact the K1 is top heavy when you type two handed. Only a CK ring (or similar device) will help with this.
    05-14-17 01:23 AM
    Yes, I will eventually get used to it but that does not get around the fact that the keyboard is more cramped and therefore makes my typing less efficient.

And I will never 'get used' to the fact the K1 is top heavy when you type two handed. Only a CK ring (or similar device) will help with this.
    If you say so lol

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 01:36 AM
    My complaints are.

1. No swipe gestures
    2. Android toolbelt not integrated with the screen (display could easily be 4.7 inches)
    3. Yeah. That mute key thing is a little weird.
    4. No swipe down on keyboard shortcut for symbols and numbers. Although on the priv the swipe down took users to the 2nd view of symbols and numbers which I didn't really like.

But I am loving it so far. Just annoying that some BlackBerry android features are missing. Was mentally prepared to miss out on the bb10 user interface, web browser, file manager and device search.
    Yes but there are other new features like the finger print access and keyboard short cuts.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:16 AM

For me not top heavy at all. Fantastic design for daily use and amazing battery life and access to massive number of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:19 AM
    There is no Daydream in Nougat. It's now called 'Do Not Disturb' and the choices are either no notifications or ALL notifications from your favourite contacts. You cannot select phone calls only. The clock on DND does not auto rotate and is very small. If you use Clock as screensaver then it is disabled by the first notification that comes through.
    No, those are two different things. daydream has been renamed in Nougat though. It is now called Screen Saver. You access it the same way as you did Daydream, in Settings-Display-Screen Saver.
    05-14-17 02:30 AM
    And you can download different Daydreams. I am using Night Clock Daydream Clock, it is a bigger, more customizable clock.
    05-14-17 02:34 AM
    For me not top heavy at all. Fantastic design for daily use and amazing battery life and access to massive number of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it's not too top heavy, but the query was 'in comparison to the Passport'.

Don't get me wrong, for all these minor criticisms, this is an easy change to Android. The availability of Apps etc, far out ways having to slightly change your typing position/phone hold.
    05-14-17 02:47 AM
    And you can download different Daydreams. I am using Night Clock Daydream Clock, it is a bigger, more customizable clock.
    Thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

What about the notifications? Do you know of a way to make it phone calls only?
    05-14-17 02:48 AM
    How do you download? Would be interested in the one you use.
    05-14-17 02:55 AM
    Thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

What about the notifications? Do you know of a way to make it phone calls only?
    Try going into the Do Not Disturb screen, click on More Settings, then click on Priority Only Allows, then Calls. From there you have choices regarding what calls ring, contacts only, none, anyone, etc.
    05-14-17 02:56 AM
    How do you download? Would be interested in the one you use.
    It is in the Play Store. In the Screen Saver screen, it should have a option to download more Daydreams/screen saver.

Here is the one I'm using: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lin.nightdream
    05-14-17 03:01 AM
    I agree, it's not too top heavy, but the query was 'in comparison to the Passport'.

Don't get me wrong, for all these minor criticisms, this is an easy change to Android. The availability of Apps etc, far out ways having to slightly change your typing position/phone hold.
    Yeah my original comment was going from the PP keyboard to K1; for most persons will take some time but eventually would be cool just like it was on the Priv for me at least.

Of course that's just an opinion

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 03:07 AM
    It is in the Play Store. In the Screen Saver screen, it should have a option to download more Daydreams/screen saver.
    Thanks for the link, will give it a try. There's no option to download in Screen Saver settings (that I can find).
    05-14-17 03:23 AM
    Yes but there are other new features like the finger print access and keyboard short cuts.

Posted via CB10
    They added a fingerprint scanner that's great and a must have by todays standards. Other than that there's no significant new keyboard shortcuts that weren't already on the priv. New features are welcome, but it's unacceptable to be removing features. Am hoping they bring it back with swipe up for recent apps option. Am not sure if google caused this issues with the nougat o.s update. Pretty annoying.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    05-14-17 03:24 AM
    Thanks for the link, will give it a try. There's no option to download in Screen Saver settings (that I can find).
    Anytime.

In the Daydream settings, I click the the dots at the top right of the screen for the overflow menu, there is an option to Install More Daydreams there. I don't know if the new Screen Saver setting has it, but I suspect it does. If not, just search in the Play Store for Daydreams, or Screen Savers to find more. Hopefully the older Daydream apps will still work for you.
    05-14-17 03:29 AM
    Better than the passport SE? I will be doing the same transition.

Posted via CB10
    Better overall package, obviously the SE keyboard is better but the Keyone is much more portable and similar battery life to the SE or may be better.
    05-14-17 04:09 AM

The Passport has different ergonomic design so difficult to compare. Depends on how you hold the Keyone, I place my fingers around the back and use thumbs to type so phone feel steady in use.
    05-14-17 04:13 AM
    Have had my KEYone for nearly ten days, only one problem it drops network connection very easily and have to go to network search to reconnect some times, have factory reset maybe this might help otherwise build quality and battery life are excellent.
    You're comment seems to have gotten lost in the weeds here. I haven't heard anyone else complain of that issue. I wouldn't let that issue continue on. It could be an issue with the sim card or a hardware issue.
    05-14-17 05:14 AM
    I intend to buy one too. Everything is good on sprecs sheet. But today I found out the aurora in indo, the lower one with 400-series on it, is equipped with 4GB. That would be my only complain.
    Last edited by moneyisall91; 05-14-17 at 05:58 AM.
    05-14-17 05:29 AM
    Totally agree!

I have dropped it on my face a couple of times when typing in bed! I also do this a lot as its about the only time I can clear my e-mails lol

The power button is going to take some getting used to!

Other than that... All good! Just need to train it to stop adding the letter s to a load of words and will be brill!!
    I'm a lefty and for once a phone that suits my cack-handedness. Nice one design team, love from lefties around the world 😋
    Pez1983 and NightFire like this.
    05-14-17 06:01 AM
    I'm a lefty and for once a phone that suits my cack-handedness. Nice one design team, love from lefties around the world 😋
    I'm a righty and I find that I always use my phone primarily with my left hand!

I'm amazed at how compact this phone is. I was expecting it to be a tank based on all the pictures. It's actually quite thin. Loving the KEYone!!!
    05-14-17 06:31 AM
103 1234 ...