Hey

I was just wondering if anyone has any complaints with the KEYone. I have an OG Passport and have enjoyed the hell out of using it.

I have read many reviews and have seen a plethora of video reviews on the KEYone and am more than likely going to get one when I return to Canada from Beijing.

Does any one have any negative aspects of the KEYone that they would like to share?

Some real world usage would be awesome to hear about.

Cheers
    05-12-17 10:44 AM
    Only had mine a day but love it so far. After years away from physical keyboard I'm already typing without looking at the keys. The trade offs and decisions made in design are near perfect for me. The only two complaints for me would be:

1. Top heaviness is a pain when typing lying down (which I do in bed)
    2. Power button top left is crap. Lots of people saying it's not a big deal but it just is in general handholding.

Get one.
    Pez1983 and Chris Townsend3 like this.
    05-12-17 10:54 AM
    My biggest complaint is that the scroll up and down track pad on the keys are only assigned to 2 rows, this if fine and works well but I feel it would have been better if all 3 rows worked as a track pad. Other than that it's an awesome phone.
    guizmox likes this.
    05-12-17 11:18 AM
    Keyboard feels cramped compared to the Passport.
    Keep hitting the Convenience Key when picking up to answer the phone - which mutes it!
    No Bedside Mode (the work around is fiddly and doesn't work the same).
    Android seems to over complicate everything!!!! I'm sure someone will counter with a 'versatility/options/customisation' argument but it just seems to me that setting up anything feels so long winded
    05-12-17 02:56 PM
    Keyboard feels cramped compared to the Passport.
    Is the difference that big that you regret getting the K1?
    05-12-17 03:00 PM
    No, the K1 appears to be the best Android phone to convert from a Passport. That said, if I could have stayed on the BBOS, then I would have stuck with the Passport, as the screen is a better size for my usage.
    05-12-17 03:12 PM
    Only had mine a day but love it so far. After years away from physical keyboard I'm already typing without looking at the keys. The trade offs and decisions made in design are near perfect for me. The only two complaints for me would be:

1. Top heaviness is a pain when typing lying down (which I do in bed)
    2. Power button top left is crap. Lots of people saying it's not a big deal but it just is in general handholding.

Get one.
    Totally agree!

I have dropped it on my face a couple of times when typing in bed! I also do this a lot as its about the only time I can clear my e-mails lol

The power button is going to take some getting used to!

Other than that... All good! Just need to train it to stop adding the letter s to a load of words and will be brill!!
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-12-17 03:47 PM
    No issues for me. I also use the Passport Silver Edition. Given the packaging, price and battery life this is a great device.
    05-12-17 04:14 PM
    No issues for me. I also use the Passport Silver Edition. Given the packaging, price and battery life this is a great device.
    Better than the passport SE? I will be doing the same transition.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 09:48 PM
    I think the convenience key placement and power button placements are my biggest complaint. Also, I wish there was more space between the top of the keyboard and the capacitive keys. Other than that I'm really loving this phone.
    05-12-17 11:48 PM
    My biggest gripe is that I can't use the Nova launcher without losing all the pkb shortcuts. However if you're coming from a BB10 device, this likely won't be much of a concern for you. I would say the Passport still has the best pkb out there but that's to be expected given how wide it is.

It's an amazing device and I would highly recommend it.
    05-13-17 12:07 AM
    Missing swipe gestures. No custom hub view shortcuts, swipe down for symbols and numbers is missing and so are advanced interactions. Other than that it's a winner.

Just feels like it's not finished yet.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-13-17 07:19 AM
    Better than the passport SE? I will be doing the same transition.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously the Passport SE has a great keyboard. But it does not have access to the range of apps that the Keyone can use. The battery life is similar. The Passport screen is better quality. But the Keyone is more pocket friendly. The obvious point to make is that Android OS will continue to be upgraded but I don't we'll see many updates to BB10. I prefer the Keyone for everyday use when out and the Passport at my desk.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Townsend3 likes this.
    05-13-17 11:15 AM
    For me the only thing is the camera, the pictures are too dark. That is the only problem I have so far .....
    anon(9710735) and fazzioo like this.
    05-13-17 11:27 AM
    For me the only thing is the camera, the pictures are too dark. That is the only problem I have so far .....
    you can switch on lights in dark...lol

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-13-17 01:52 PM
    Virtually flawless, especially in terms of build quality. At a push, however:

1. The fingerprint sensor is brilliant, but there's something a little precarious about the space bar. Not as in I have concerns about it breaking, but I wish it had more of a reassuring sturdiness.

2. The design of the front-facing camera and proximity sensor could have been executed better. Everything at the top on the Passport SE felt more discreet, and I don't like having my attention drawn to them so much now.

I'll admit that iOS (and formerly BB10) win over Android for me, but it's distinctly BlackBerry influenced and hasn't been the challenge I anticipated.
    Chris Townsend3 likes this.
    05-13-17 02:45 PM
    My complaints are.

1. No swipe gestures
    2. Android toolbelt not integrated with the screen (display could easily be 4.7 inches)
    3. Yeah. That mute key thing is a little weird.
    4. No swipe down on keyboard shortcut for symbols and numbers. Although on the priv the swipe down took users to the 2nd view of symbols and numbers which I didn't really like.

But I am loving it so far. Just annoying that some BlackBerry android features are missing. Was mentally prepared to miss out on the bb10 user interface, web browser, file manager and device search.
    drano likes this.
    05-13-17 05:06 PM
    Have you adjusted settings at all?

Posted via CB10
    kwalker61 likes this.
    05-13-17 06:14 PM
    Have had my KEYone for nearly ten days, only one problem it drops network connection very easily and have to go to network search to reconnect some times, have factory reset maybe this might help otherwise build quality and battery life are excellent.
    05-13-17 06:19 PM
    Missing swipe gestures. No custom hub view shortcuts, swipe down for symbols and numbers is missing and so are advanced interactions. Other than that it's a winner.

Just feels like it's not finished yet.
    No swipe down for symbols and numbers!? I use that all the time on PRIV. Sh@t.

I really hope the three swipe actions and this symbol number swipe makes it back into the mix.
    drano likes this.
    05-13-17 06:24 PM
    No swipe down for symbols and numbers!? I use that all the time on PRIV. Sh@t.

I really hope the three swipe actions and this symbol number swipe makes it back into the mix.
    Yeah, I hope they bring back the swipe gesture but make it customisable this time.
    05-13-17 06:34 PM
    Yeah, I hope they bring back the swipe gesture but make it customisable this time.
    Still hoping 3 swipe up shortcuts comeback. As, for the swipe down on the keyboard, it was there if you watch CBK's video the smartest smartphone keyboard so not sure why it was removed. Advanced interactions never made it to the Dtek 60 only Priv has them.
    05-13-17 06:45 PM
    Phone has been on charge for 6 hours and is only on 90%!
    05-13-17 07:19 PM
    I'll admit that iOS (and formerly BB10) win over Android for me, but it's distinctly BlackBerry influenced and hasn't been the challenge I anticipated.
    Comparing to iOS only.
    I could not disagree more. Having had iPad's, iPhone 6, now daughters current iPhone SE that I manage. iOS is an old OS that has barely been updated in 8 years. Nothing is customizable, separate stores for apps and music stores. No quick charge at all. Integration between contacts, calendar and email is always an extra two steps. Not to mention; NO Hub capabilities!
    They have great hardware but their OS has fallen behind since Android M and now N have come out. Also apps now all work the same if not easier in Android (Yes Snapchat included).
    Google is taking over in ecosystem with free unlimited cloud, Chromecast etc. All at a 1/3 the cost.
    Only thing missing maybe is iMessage equivalent but that's coming with Allo and Duo.
    There is a reason most techie people prefer Android and it's Open Source OS future.
    05-13-17 08:13 PM
    My biggest complaint is that the scroll up and down track pad on the keys are only assigned to 2 rows, this if fine and works well but I feel it would have been better if all 3 rows worked as a track pad. Other than that it's an awesome phone.
    Probably they want to avoid touching the screen buttons.
    05-13-17 08:26 PM
103 123 ...