I have a new Blackberry KeyONE black edition and I was wondering what antivirus I should put on it. Which would be the best or the one that people recommend for the characteristics of the Blackberry KeyONE? Thank you.
    02-10-18 04:05 AM
    At the moment I installed the Norton, but before paying for it I ask this question
    02-10-18 04:10 AM
    why would you need an antivirus ? Running keyone since it launched, definitely no need
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-18 06:31 AM
    At the moment I installed the Norton, but before paying for it I ask this question
    Get rid of it. It will just bog down your device.
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    02-10-18 07:14 AM
    Then, with DTEK no antivirus is necessary, right?
    02-10-18 02:06 PM
    maybe stupid question, but must ask, need we antivirus on blackberry K1?
    02-10-18 02:48 PM
    I thought we needed one for K1, so I asked. In my old BB Q5 I had one.
    02-10-18 03:15 PM
    I never used one on BBOS or BB10 since it wasn't worth the developers time to make one.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-18 03:38 PM
    I never used one on BBOS or BB10 since it wasn't worth the developers time to make one.
    A virus lol?
    anon(9188202) and cribble2k like this.
    02-10-18 03:46 PM
    Rule of thumb - Download apps from PlayStore only. New apps you need to monitor if they're not showing ads or pop-ups. Also see what and why they need permissions they want.

If you trust other apps that are not in PlayStore then you should be fine. In my experience, I'm pretty comfortable to survive without any anti virus. In KEYᵒⁿᵉ or any other Android device.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-18 04:17 PM
    I thought we needed one for K1, so I asked. In my old BB Q5 I had one.
    Your old Q5 didn't need one either.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-11-18 05:08 PM
    You have dtek on your phone , no point adding antivirus
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-11-18 09:30 PM
    You only need an antivirus if you plan on installing apps from outside the Google Play Store (aka side-loading).
    02-11-18 10:59 PM
    Your old Q5 didn't need one either.
    Actually I had some malware on a Q5 that wouldn't go away even by swype. Returned under warranty.
    02-12-18 04:09 AM
    Actually I had some malware on a Q5 that wouldn't go away even by swype. Returned under warranty.
    No, you didn't. At most, you had a crappy app installed that you didn't know how to get rid of or you fell for some janky browser ads that told you that you had malware. If you want to believe it was malware, fine. But it wasn't.
    IvanTheTolerable and Mecca EL like this.
    02-12-18 06:53 AM
    Use the money hoards a good VPN. It'll do you much more good than any old snake oil antiviral App would ever do.
    02-12-18 10:23 AM
    I have a new Blackberry KeyONE black edition and I was wondering what antivirus I should put on it. Which would be the best or the one that people recommend for the characteristics of the Blackberry KeyONE? Thank you.
    Adding "Antivirus" apps on an android is in effect installing a virus on your phone. There are no OTA viruses, self installing malware, or any of the threats the uninformed pass around, on android. What CAN actually happen, is you install an app that excites you, or is suggested by, or any form of social hackery that most fall victim to, on your phone. Or you connect to an untrusted WiFi source at the mall or where you dine or at a hotel, or you plug your phone to an unknown source because you didn't bring your solar power battery backup... it's THESE sources, that you open you and your device to vulnerabilities.

Moral of my comment. Antivirus apps are bloatware which will do more harm than good. Read about an app you're interest in installing, and make informed decisions. That's how you keep your devices safe.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    02-12-18 10:32 AM