I now use Kaspersky on my Huawei. Will this be of any additional value on the Keyone (I expect they will deliver in the end )?
    06-07-17 02:43 AM
    Personally, I think it is not necessary as long as you only download from the official Play Store, because anti-virus apps take up memory, battery, and RAM. However, if you do download apps elsewhere, then I think Dtek should "detect" suspicious activity from which you can download Kaspersky to get rid of it... anyone else like to chime in with their thoughts?
    ShredRex5150 likes this.
    06-07-17 03:20 AM
    You don't need Antivirus on your Android device if you stick to official sources for everything.

Not to mention a factory wipe solves all since the KO can't be rooted.

Also, Huawei has its owner built-in Antivirus, it's part of the phone management app.
    06-07-17 04:55 AM
    I think it's always safer to have an antivirus. Of course if you use only facebook or twitter, no risk. But surfing can be risky.

Personally I use kaspersky on the K1. It has a few additionnal tools.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 05:18 AM
    Personally, I think it is not necessary as long as you only download from the official Play Store, because anti-virus apps take up memory, battery, and RAM. However, if you do download apps elsewhere, then I think Dtek should "detect" suspicious activity from which you can download Kaspersky to get rid of it... anyone else like to chime in with their thoughts?
    I have been using Android since inception....never had any AV installed. No need, and most are nothing but resource hogs.
    06-07-17 06:21 AM
    Antivirus on Android is not needed. Unless you download apps from questionable sources (and have enabled the installation from unknown sources in the settings). And even then an antivirus product can only detect viruses it already knows. It won't protect you from 0-day vulnerabilities or viruses only a few days old.

Also since the K1 can't be rooted, (malicious) apps can only do what you allow them to do. So unless you blindly allow all asked permissions after downloading and installing an app from a shady site, the risk is almost zero.

And let's not forget incidents from the past where the antivirus signatures were broken and the antivirus went berserk deleting important (and harmless) files.

Finally, these antivirus products consume battery power.
    06-07-17 06:23 AM