I think it's the pressure from these dual layer cases. For sure there's an issue otherwise people wouldn't complain. Just wondering if such cases (assuming yours wasn't official one) are also contributing.

I had been waiting for Seidio and what not but am just using a generic pouch. Hoping I don't break mine if do use case. So far it's naked when in use
    Mine was the official dual layer case straight from blackberry mobile/TCL. Still got the case in the event I feel confident in buying another KEYone.
    07-05-17 11:30 PM
    Of course, a die-hard true believer will always rationalise any problems as simple exceptions or "not important" that don't take away from the quality of the loved brand and the wisdom of the purchase and the money spent/wasted.

It's a defence mechanism that protects us from mental crisis!!
    However, there have been enough BB strategic mistakes to finally make even the most die-hards 'see reality'. Giving and listening to constructive critisicm works to keeps companies alive. BB obviously didn't do enough of this.

The reality? There really is just one "BB" phone in production and it is far from perfect.
    It's a serious reality checker..... for some!
    Couver81 likes this.
    07-06-17 02:08 AM
    I'm not the type to put a case on my phones, it really defeats the purpose. KeyOne is too gorgeous. Only time I'd consider it is if I'm out in the field for my job on a construction or demolition site, or doing surveys. Then I'd consider it, but on those days I keep the K1 home and bring my Z30 or Classic.
    07-06-17 03:57 AM
    I have owned my K1 for a month now. Daily use in a OEM dual layer case. No issues. I have experienced nothing of the faults others have had. I hope that it will continue that way.
    Livermore and scott8629 like this.
    07-06-17 08:57 AM
    Have had mine for just over 2 months now (UK). Not a single problem so far, and I've accidentally dropped it twice now. All good here :-)
    07-06-17 11:40 AM
    We will find out 5 years from now in the follow-up to losing the signal what the real deal is with the KEYone - until then, if you love it and have no issues, carry on.

If you have issues - just replace it via warranty!

Posted via CB10
    xsmogx likes this.
    07-06-17 11:47 AM
    I called BlackBerry Mobile last week under the ruse of "a screen lift" just to see how the replacement procedure works.

I was told "we are awaiting the replacement parts to fix this issue. If we had stock we would send you out a new device but since we don't we will respond within 48 hours with an email". I have yet to receive an email.

Believe it or not. That's my experience.
    I started my warranty claim last week via email. At first they wanted my CC info in advance before they can send me an " advance/expedited" unit incase they found issues with my returned unit that's not covered with warranty. I then remembered other posters saying there was a delay in getting a warranty unit shipped to them.

I then asked BB if they had any warranty units in stock since God forbid they leave me without a phone for several weeks. The trail went cold, no reply back from them unlike all my other emails. Ugh.. I just ordered some tape from Amazon to fix the lift issue myself.
    07-06-17 12:10 PM
    my screen has begun to lift too. not outright lifting, but when I press the capacitive buttons on the scree, the screen is clearly loosening. I can tell there's some adhesive there but not enough to keep the display from moving when it's barely pressed.

I got mine from amazon, sold by TCL Communications), and yesterday I emailed them (ask seller a question via amazon), and TCL wrote back. they're doing an advanced exchange and have already shipped my new KEYone.

so this is one advantage of buying through the TCL Communications seller.
    krazyatom and FF22 like this.
    07-06-17 12:25 PM
    I got mine from Selfridges, already past my return period. I'm glad to see you are getting your replacement unit!
    07-06-17 03:28 PM
    Who's got information on the manufacturing plant in China and any other information on TCL's past track record ?

To be honest it gives the phone a horrific image.
    It makes it sound like a cheap made-in-china toy. Just on principle I'm not going to buy the phone until the company issues a statement about this.

I've got my S7Edge beside me and the screen is totally integrated into the bezel/case. Can't imagine one just being 'stuck on'.

Anyway, any insider insights? Can the might of Crackberry extract a statement from someone at TCL. The whole CB website is draped in BB mobile Keyone advertising.
    07-06-17 03:38 PM
    Just wanted to chime in here and say that while I have only had my KeyOne a little more than a week (CDMA version) I am using it in a PRIV SEIDO Holster. Doesn't exactly fit, but tight enough to where it wont fall out.

I was originally concerned as pulling it out of the holster involves using your thumb and forefinger and kind of twisting in a torque manner, yet I have had no creaks, groans or any type of indication of a screen lift.
    07-06-17 03:44 PM
    wouldn't the majority of screen lifting be the result of sitting on it and bending the frame a bit?
    07-06-17 03:59 PM
    So, I dropped mine and no screen problem. Are you calling me a liar?
    Wait, was it not about all users who have reported? If you don't have any problem, I assume you don't need to report anything.

Posted from my lovely  Z30
    07-06-17 04:24 PM
    How long are they saying this time for a repair/replacement? UK phone shops are saying 2 weeks whereas BlackBerry themselves are saying 28 days.
    My full screen has lifted and come out. The screen won't even turn on anymore.
    I need to back it up its a work phone but I can't get in to the phone. Any ideas?
    07-06-17 05:35 PM
    I need to back it up its a work phone but I can't get in to the phone. Any ideas?
    Only thing I can suggest is plugging it into pc to see what you can recover from there. Good luck though.
    07-06-17 05:42 PM
    Only thing I can suggest is plugging it into pc to see what you can recover from there. Good luck though.
    I need some sort of software to be able to do anything.
    Other than seeing media, there isn't much more I can do.
    07-06-17 05:44 PM
    Add another one to the count folks!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 05:45 PM
    Do you have an IT support group at work? If it is work supplied it's their responsibility?
    07-07-17 10:05 AM
    nope, unfortunatley no that option is not available.
    its going to get repaired anyway and most of the stuff is backed up to google drive. was just annoying as the numbers were not backed up for some reason.
    07-07-17 11:29 AM
    So, I dropped mine and no screen problem. Are you calling me a liar?
    Lol
    07-07-17 07:22 PM
    I got mine from Selfridges, already past my return period. I'm glad to see you are getting your replacement unit!
    Same issue for me but via CPW. Was told I would not be getting a replacement and that it will be fixed and sent back.
    Can't even unlock and take the password lock off as i cant get in to the phone lol all my notes etc are stuck there too.
    By any chance do notes and remember sync to anything?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:29 AM
    Lol
    foxtrotoscar
    07-15-17 04:47 AM
    CPW same for me. Sod that. £500 to be offered a repair to a phone that I think is great, but in effect being repaired makes it sub standard as far as I'm concerned. Money back thanks :-)
    07-15-17 04:50 AM
    Add another one to the count folks!

Posted via CB10
    Add me to the list.
    07-15-17 06:26 AM
49 12