After a few weeks of use and NO dropping, my screen has lifted. I am planning on getting it repaired at a local shop rather than the hassle of setting up a new phone.
    07-05-17 12:02 PM
    How did it happen?
    07-05-17 12:04 PM
    let us know how the local repair works out
    07-05-17 12:36 PM
    No particular event - slowly lifted on the right side during use and then within a day the whole screen lifted. Stayed connected and is working fine (taped down) but it is a bit irritating for a brand new phone.
    07-05-17 12:36 PM
    That was your problem, you didn't drop it. All the users who are reporting a defect free phone claim to have dropped it numerous times on all kinds of surfaces from all kinds of distances.
    ce71, TGR1, kbz1960 and 5 others like this.
    07-05-17 12:41 PM
    Sorry that happened, hate seeing this be a continued problem.
    07-05-17 12:59 PM
    That was your problem, you didn't drop it. All the users who are reporting a defect free phone claim to have dropped it numerous times on all kinds of surfaces from all kinds of distances.
    Lol
    07-05-17 01:00 PM
    So, I dropped mine and no screen problem. Are you calling me a liar?
    07-05-17 01:47 PM
    Lol
    Do you lol at all non jokes? Just wondering :-)
    07-05-17 01:48 PM
    Do you lol at all non jokes? Just wondering :-)
    Lol
    07-05-17 01:50 PM
    Maybe relax a little. He was making a joke.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-17 01:53 PM
    Maybe relax a little. He was making a joke.
    I'm relaxed thanks. Lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-17 01:56 PM
    Loll huh? Relax man! It was a joke

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 02:03 PM
    After a few weeks of use and NO dropping, my screen has lifted. I am planning on getting it repaired at a local shop rather than the hassle of setting up a new phone.
    Sorry to hear that. The real shame is that BlackBerry Mobile can't honor the warranty in a timely manner. Meanwhile you take it upon yourself to have your phone fixed, paying out of pocket. That is Deplorable.

I'm a BlackBerry diehard and this rubs me the wrong way. Good luck and God forbid anything happens to my KEYone.
    07-05-17 02:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that. The real shame is that BlackBerry Mobile can't honor the warranty in a timely manner. Meanwhile you take it upon yourself to have your phone fixed, paying out of pocket. That is Deplorable.

I'm a BlackBerry diehard and this rubs me the wrong way. Good luck and God forbid anything happens to my KEYone.
    How long are they saying this time for a repair/replacement? UK phone shops are saying 2 weeks whereas BlackBerry themselves are saying 28 days.
    07-05-17 02:07 PM
    How long are they saying this time for a repair/replacement? UK phone shops are saying 2 weeks whereas BlackBerry themselves are saying 28 days.
    I called BlackBerry Mobile last week under the ruse of "a screen lift" just to see how the replacement procedure works.

I was told "we are awaiting the replacement parts to fix this issue. If we had stock we would send you out a new device but since we don't we will respond within 48 hours with an email". I have yet to receive an email.

Believe it or not. That's my experience.
    07-05-17 02:17 PM
    I called BlackBerry Mobile last week under the ruse of "a screen lift" just to see how the replacement procedure works.

I was told "we are awaiting the replacement parts to fix this issue. If we had stock we would send you out a new device but since we don't we will respond within 48 hours with an email". I have yet to receive an email.

Believe it or not. That's my experience.
    Bit of a joke really. I expected better from BlackBerry
    07-05-17 02:30 PM
    Bit of a joke really. I expected better from BlackBerry
    BlackBerry obviously doesn't have enough inventory nor the ability to fulfill the backorders. They just pulled the phone from Amazon.

This move at the very least is an attempt to buy time. Perhaps they have a plan in place to fix the "screen lift" issue.
    07-05-17 05:07 PM
    How long did you have your phone for?

Did it feel solid from the beginning and then one drop and "poof?"

Yes, it's very painful to re-set up these devices. I don't understand why BBRY doesn't have a program that litterally duplicates your previous device, assuming the same operating system?

The number of hours lost...i went thru 3-4 PRIV replacements.

I am so fearful my screen will pop off.

Wonder if this affects all the Keyone's or a portion, and what percentage?
    07-05-17 05:25 PM
    Screen lifted and you didn't drop it at all? This has be a tad concerned now. Are you sure you didn't have your Keyone maybe squished or bending in your pocket or??? It just lifted with no damage?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 08:25 PM
    Screen lifted and you didn't drop it at all? This has be a tad concerned now. Are you sure you didn't have your Keyone maybe squished or bending in your pocket or??? It just lifted with no damage?

Posted via CB10
    Unlikely. I had mine less than two week and didn't even take it out of my house and it had the screen lift. In the dual layer case no less. Shoddy manufacturing most likely problem. Mine felt solid as a rock when I got it out of the box, but in the end it didn't matter.
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    07-05-17 10:46 PM
    Unlikely. I had mine less than two week and didn't even take it out of my house and it had the screen lift. In the dual layer case no less. Shoddy manufacturing most likely problem. Mine felt solid as a rock when I got it out of the box, but in the end it didn't matter.
    Hmm that's interesting, I didn't use a case at all. Could it be the cases adding to your case. I know sometimes taking on and off, it can cause issues to an already plagued defect.
    07-05-17 11:03 PM
    Hmm that's interesting, I didn't use a case at all. Could it be the cases adding to your case. I know sometimes taking on and off, it can cause issues to an already plagued defect.
    The problem is, I never even took it out of the case and it happened. I put it in the case and didn't take it out until I noticed the bottom right was kinda spongy on pressing it. Took it out and lift was there. Hopefully it's just an isolated thing but I'm thinking it's probably an issue that is going to be pretty prevalent.
    07-05-17 11:18 PM
    I think the cases definitely have an affect. Also I notice the USB-C plug in and out is a bit hard. I have to yank it out and this could have an affect. I notice it's getting easier to plug it in and out though with each iteration. I did manage to put my Keyone in a random case I used for my classic and it squished it a little. Cases seem to be a likely cause.
    07-05-17 11:22 PM
    The problem is, I never even took it out of the case and it happened. I put it in the case and didn't take it out until I noticed the bottom right was kinda spongy on pressing it. Took it out and lift was there. Hopefully it's just an isolated thing but I'm thinking it's probably an issue that is going to be pretty prevalent.
    I think it's the pressure from these dual layer cases. For sure there's an issue otherwise people wouldn't complain. Just wondering if such cases (assuming yours wasn't official one) are also contributing.

I had been waiting for Seidio and what not but am just using a generic pouch. Hoping I don't break mine if do use case. So far it's naked when in use
    07-05-17 11:24 PM
49 12