Last week best buy showed keyone on display at a particular store about 45 minutes away from me. It is on my way to work so I resisted the urge to make a special trip over the weekend. Glad I did. Stopped in today and no keyone to be found. Guy told me they got one phone into stock and a fight ensued with 2 people trying to get them to hold it for them

But never had a display unit like website said. Such a fail. Can't even do the display crap right.

Maybe in 6 months it will all be better. You know, after all the interest has gone away.

Just made this post from a Samsung g S6 active on a glass keyboard and took 2-3 times longer than if I had a physical keyboard. I sure hope this phone is worth it. This is painful.

Roveer
    06-12-17 02:54 PM
    The Best Buy struggle is real sometimes...
    06-12-17 05:54 PM
    one phone. that's what I thought, exactly why stores are "selling out". my bet is the total sales have been hundreds or maybe single digit thousands.
    06-12-17 05:58 PM
    I was on an email notification to when more were in stock (none to pick up here in SoCal). As soon as I clicked on the link, I was happy-ish to see "OUT OF STOCK" was gone and instead "SHIPS NO LATER THAN JUNE 16" (now it's June 23rd...) So I'm looking forward to it towards the end of the week.
    06-12-17 07:06 PM
    one phone. that's what I thought, exactly why stores are "selling out". my bet is the total sales have been hundreds or maybe single digit thousands.
    I'd put it just under 10,000 units worldwide.

TCL probably anticipated the device selling in the high hundreds.
    06-12-17 07:20 PM
    That's in the NJ market where I'd think there is more interest than other places. The guy that I spoke with said "that's a pretty popular phone" which makes me think he's been asked a lot about it. Good thing I didn't go on a hunt for this phone. The days of "hunting" things down are about over for me. If you look back I'm sure you'd see posts about people hoping for January Availability.

Let's face it, we've been waiting for this thing for nearly 6 months (that we thought we would actually be able to buy it). This drag is not imagined. They really did a pretty bad job. We've been watching this phone for over a year now.

Roveer
    06-12-17 07:30 PM

Just made this post from a Samsung g S6 active on a glass keyboard and took 2-3 times longer than if I had a physical keyboard.

Roveer
    Im collecting priceless cb quotes.

To your other comment, in 6 months this device will be ancient.
    06-12-17 09:38 PM
    Im collecting priceless cb quotes.

To your other comment, in 6 months this device will be ancient.
    I disagree about the phone being ancient in 6 months. In the past 2 years what feature on iphone or S6-S8 has come along that would make something like Keyone ancient? pressure sensitive keyboard?, meh, Siri/bixby?, meh*2, humongous screen?, nada.

As long as the Keyone is a competent android phone it will remain relevant. Not everyone wants all those features. Seems like the big phone mfgrs are basically running out of truly usefull things to stuff into their phones. Obviously the PKB on Keyone will continue to differentiate it from everything else and there are still people who value productivity over other features.
    06-13-17 09:33 AM
    Agree 100%.
    06-13-17 10:12 AM