05-06-17 08:02 PM
    I don't think I'd carry a KEYone every day, but I could easily understand why someone would. Everything about the KEYone screams "productivity," and the focus pays off. Maybe there's a place for purpose-built phones; if there is, the KEYone makes a good case for them.
    Pretty much sums it up....

Just not sure the average user would be excited about this phone, after reading this review.
    05-08-17 09:56 AM
    I don't know... A review like that just seems like more of the same that's been preached for years in regards to BlackBerry phones. Get it for email and messaging, but not for much else. I don't know that that's going to translate into sales for them. They've been trying that niche for sometime now and it hasn't lead to anything. I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't classify that review as one that should be spread around.
    05-08-17 10:25 AM
    I don't know... A review like that just seems like more of the same that's been preached for years in regards to BlackBerry phones. Get it for email and messaging, but not for much else. I don't know that that's going to translate into sales for them. They've been trying that niche for sometime now and it hasn't lead to anything. I could be totally wrong, but I wouldn't classify that review as one that should be spread around.
    But that's the core market for BlackBerry : power users who value productivity, reliability, and security. It's potentially a big enough market.

Frankly, I think concentrating on such a market is a good move for BlackBerry. There are so many competitors for the media slab market. Just look in any mobile store.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 10:35 AM
    From the review: «It's not that I'm biased against BlackBerry. I strapped the first one to my hip when it*came out in the early 2000s, before smartphones were invented and the only other way to get your email when you were away from your computer was on a two-way pager. (Kids, gather 'round. Gramps is telling his stories again...)»

- Gramps be lyin'. In 2002 I had the first camera smartphone ever made; the Nokia 7650. Later that year I bought the first colour touch screen smartphone; the Sony-Ericsson P800 (also had a built-in camera). And before that we had Nokia's Communicators' well capable of sending and receiving emails, among many other things. It was only the USA lagging behind in the technology back then. You guys were still using pagers when we had colour screen smartphones for crying out loud. Some people even seem to think that the iPhone was the first smartphone, lol. That's also why I never got a BlackBerry before I had no other choice. In Europe we viewed the technology as dated compared to what Sony-Ericsson and Nokia i.a. had to offer at the time.
    megafan2000 and FinnBerry like this.
    05-08-17 11:01 AM
    But that's the core market for BlackBerry : power users who value productivity, reliability, and security. It's potentially a big enough market.

Frankly, I think concentrating on such a market is a good move for BlackBerry. There are so many competitors for the media slab market. Just look in any mobile store.

Posted via CB10
    Right, because they've never just concentrated on that market before...
    05-08-17 11:25 AM
    the Sony-Ericsson P800 (also had a built-in camera).
    Hello, fellow SEP-user. I also had the P910i (after the P800) which had a QWERTY keyboard. Beautiful devices but sadly Nokia's Symbian S60 overtook SE's Symbian UIQ and they soon faded away. Much like BB10 now.
    05-08-17 11:37 AM
    I don't understand why he's claiming you can't watch a hi-res Neflix video on the KEYone. Of course you can! What's the problem?
    Barbareren likes this.
    05-08-17 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you new to the BlackBerry community loll

They have been "re-focusing" on this segment since 2013 and saw diminishing sales no matter what.

Z30, passport (novelty), classic (trackpad), android. Nothing worked.

Will TCL succeed? I hope so. But I also won't be surprised if they don't.
    05-08-17 11:55 AM
    I don't understand why he's claiming you can't watch a hi-res Neflix video on the KEYone. Of course you can! What's the problem?
    Think his key word is hi-res, you get bars and less then the full display, so less then 1080 resolution.
    05-08-17 12:05 PM
    Pretty much sums it up....

Just not sure the average user would be excited about this phone, after reading this review.
    I really hope this is the case. There's nothing more disheartening to me than being on the train or somewhere in public with 99% of all others around me using a phone that looks just like mine.

I don't want to be average.

Eitherway, I hope their supply and demand analytics are spot on so they don't run at a loss and have tons of unsold stock.
    05-08-17 12:05 PM
    Hello, fellow SEP-user. I also had the P910i (after the P800) which had a QWERTY keyboard. Beautiful devices but sadly Nokia's Symbian S60 overtook SE's Symbian UIQ and they soon faded away. Much like BB10 now.
    Hello there Ah, yes. I never had that one, just the P800's first successor the P900. Then I got the Nokia 9300 and 9500 Communicators. Both UIQ and Series 80 were amazing user interfaces for its time, and the Symbian OS was very sturdy and effective.
    05-08-17 12:38 PM
    Think his key word is hi-res, you get bars and less then the full display, so less then 1080 resolution.
    That's not the definition of hi-res. And with the display's aspect ratio of 3:2 it's not possible to show a 4:3 or 16:9 video without leaving a border. Unless you like your people thin and tall.

Also, are you guys sitting in front of your phone with a magnifying glass?
    05-08-17 12:57 PM
    Except they have done three important things with the K1: adopted android, created an eronomic well-built long-life-battery keyboard device, and incorporated a very good camera. I think they've got a very opportunity with these components. I recommend the interesting podcast posted today.
    05-08-17 02:47 PM