Hey man it is what it is.
    Dead pixels and loose toolbelts and stuck keys aren't things you just accept. Not my fault BlackBerry had so much garbage floating around in market.
    I also owned a nexus 7 and nexus 10. Lovely devices.
    As for the dead pixel, you check spec for LCD, it allow to have some dead pixels as long as they are not cluster together in certain area... it is the std of LCD acceptance criteria. I have yet to see a vendor that supply LCD claim with no dead pixel. IMHO. when you find out one vendor that claim their product with no dead pixel, please let me (and all the CB) know.
    chain13 likes this.
    06-05-17 07:14 PM
    Well this is more a QA issue than a QC issue. But in reality both failed miserably. I think the frustration for me would be eased if there was so much frustration with the launch. Delayed the phone to produce more units. Then sell out in seconds and leave many with no device at launch. Finally you get it and you cant use it for its intended purpose. Always will be a berry guy but man blackberry and tcl just do not get customer relations lol
    06-05-17 07:17 PM
    How long for did it take for Z10 to be good....1 year??!!

Now it is tcl are they willing to work hard enough to make it better?!?!
    Z10 had software issues. That's not the same. QC should catch physical keys not working or screen not being properly attached. QC can't catch bugs that are in the software. (whether or not BlackBerry did adequate software testing, that's a different topic entirely)
    06-05-17 07:33 PM
    wait for BlackberryKeyTwo
    Never know if there will be such a thing
    06-05-17 07:36 PM
    Well this is more a QA issue than a QC issue. But in reality both failed miserably. I think the frustration for me would be eased if there was so much frustration with the launch. Delayed the phone to produce more units. Then sell out in seconds and leave many with no device at launch. Finally you get it and you cant use it for its intended purpose. Always will be a berry guy but man blackberry and tcl just do not get customer relations lol
    Absolutely couldn't have said it better. Alot of us have been looking forward to this phone for a while and to have so many issues it's hard not to blame the company.
    06-05-17 07:50 PM
    Very bad lack ! I feel very sorry for you, I hope that the 3rd one will be absolutely perfect!
    Thanks man I hope so too, haven't given up hope yet!
    06-05-17 07:52 PM
    Z10 had software issues. That's not the same. QC should catch physical keys not working or screen not being properly attached. QC can't catch bugs that are in the software. (whether or not BlackBerry did adequate software testing, that's a different topic entirely)
    It also had hardware issue (rebooting) (battery)
    It seems to me that the os is in need of serious optimization
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-05-17 07:54 PM
    It also had hardware issue (rebooting) (battery)
    It seems to me that the os is in need of serious optimization
    Rebooting is IMO a software issue. What did you mean specifically when you said battery issues? If you meant battery management, that's also a software issue
    06-05-17 07:56 PM
    Rebooting is IMO a software issue. What did you mean specifically when you said battery issues? If you meant battery management, that's also a software issue
    Some of the rebooting was from a battery that was not well snug in the housing. Placing something behind the battery had fix the rebooting for some if not all
    06-05-17 07:59 PM
    Also that is when BB started to seal their battery
    06-05-17 08:00 PM
    Some of the rebooting was from a battery that was not well snug in the housing. Placing something behind the battery had fix the rebooting for some if not all
    OK. That, QC could catch. But unless they were double checking every dimension of the phone, it'd be hard to spot.
    06-05-17 08:03 PM
    So, the one person was asking how long before bbmo would improve the keyone. I took reference of the Z10.

Now let see how long they will take to optimize the keyone.
    In an other thread, I read that it will have updates up to 2 years.
    If that's the case. It's not to good for those who want to keep that device longer.
    06-05-17 08:19 PM
    So, the one person was asking how long before bbmo would improve the keyone. I took reference of the Z10.

Now let see how long they will take to optimize the keyone.
    In an other thread, I read that it will have updates up to 2 years.
    If that's the case. It's not to good for those who want to keep that device longer.
    its not good with the name blackberry you expect your device to be used more than 2 years a lot more than 2 years some people use the same device for like 5 years.
    06-05-17 08:26 PM
    its not good with the name blackberry you expect your device to be used more than 2 years a lot more than 2 years some people use the same device for like 5 years.
    Right, is the keyone good for 5 years of use???
    With all the apps always updating
    06-05-17 08:29 PM
    Right, is the keyone good for 5 years of use???
    With all the apps always updating
    apps arent the problem, we need the software that bb provides to be updated for more than 2 years the OS, the security...
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-05-17 08:33 PM
    Better supporter than I am. 1 bad ok I guess, but 2 bad I would be done.
    06-05-17 08:34 PM
    I went through like 6 playbooks at best buy before I gave up from dead pixels. Had to resort to buying used so I could inspect it in person without fear of opening a sealed box loll

7 privs and only one had a perfect keyboard without stuck keys

2/3 classics had a loose toolbelt

I'm going to guess BlackBerry has a bigger qc issues because their phones have a lot more parts to put together?

Most other devices are more unibody type of bodies so . . . anyway, but I had two classics where the sim tray cover couldn't sit flush with the frame loll
    You must either be the most unlucky guy on the planet, or you are probably way too particular on every minor detail.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you when you say you encountered some issues. But 6 playbooks, 7 privs and even loose toolbelts on Classics? Are you cursed?

For what it's worth, I had a PlayBook and a Classic, and the very first one was perfectly fine.
    ominaxe and stlabrat like this.
    06-05-17 08:44 PM
    Just snagged a KeyONE through a colleague at work that has Bell (I'm on Virgin Mobile). Bought outright and have had it all day and going into the evening.

No screen lift, all the keys work, zero light bleed, very responsive and solid so far (fingers crossed). On the box my unit says manufactured in China. I'm sure I've read that some units were produced in Mexico...

I'm wondering if anyone has begun a tally of the defective units (screen pop off, keys not working, etc). I'd be curious to see if it's one particular batch that has so many QA/QC issues.

It would explain why some users on this forum seem to have absolutely no issues whatsoever, while others seem to have a myriad of problems, even with replacement devices.

I'm only one day in, so hopefully I haven't jinxed myself, lol.

Anyway, sorry to hear about people's frustrations. I'm extremely happy with the device so far, and if this issue gets sorted out soon, I think a lot of others on the forum will enjoy this phone immensely.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-05-17 08:44 PM
    apps arent the problem, we need the software that bb provides to be updated for more than 2 years the OS, the security...
    Right, will it happen?
    In an another thread or this one, I read that dtek 50 and 60 will not be optimize much longer by BB (rim).
    If that's true. That would give a pretty good clue
    06-05-17 08:46 PM
    wait for BlackberryKeyTwo
    Sadly I'm starting to feel it's the best bet.. But I can't wait that long , I'll have to play the keyone lotto
    mottodg likes this.
    06-05-17 08:48 PM
    Sadly I'm starting to feel it's the best bet.. But I can't wait that long , I'll have to play the keyone lotto
    Lol, sounds about right. About the lotto
    06-05-17 08:50 PM
    I really didn't want to turn into those negative people but this is ridiculous...

So I bought the keyone pretty much on the first day, had an issue with the brightness which I found out later was a defect on the phone and had to wait until today to get a brand-new keyone.

I take it home and guess what half the damn keyboard isn't working on a brand new device! That's two devices that i have had that have had two separate problems.

So I try and set it up anyway with the on screen keyboard and I find out the fingerprint scanner doesn't work ahhhhhhhh!!!

What is wrong with this device, clearly no quality assurance from TCL.

...... Although I have to admit the battery life did hold up pretty well while I was staring at it angrily with the screen on attempting to reload the OS praying it would work.
    Would you mind telling us the date on the box, please
    06-05-17 10:03 PM
    Would you mind telling us the date on the box, please
    If you tell me where it is on the box I would be happy too
    06-05-17 10:06 PM
    If you tell me where it is on the box I would be happy too
    Ahh, so no obvious date? I now realise that you're in CA, and I suspect only the Euro versions had dates on the boxes.
    06-05-17 10:08 PM
    Thanks man I hope so too, haven't given up hope yet!
    Just curious who your provider is, and if you know where your device was manufactured? There seems to be a split on this forum between satisfied and completely frustrated users. I just picked up a KeyOne via Bell and everything seems great on all levels. My device was manufactured in China. I know there are other plants like Mexico... just wondering if that's part of the problem with the lemons?

On a side note, sorry it's been frustrating on your end. I wouldn't be happy either if I were in your shoes!
    06-05-17 10:08 PM
115 1234 ...