I think the user might have some issues as well, that many issues across multiple brands is a little over the top. I have had technology (major) since the beginning. Issues yes, but I always just trotted in handed it over and never had a problem. If I ever had a second. Issue it went back and was finished. Time for something different. One other thought, stores keep lists and exchange them with each other of problem (returns) customers.
    It wasn't across multiple brands lolll

Just BlackBerry.
    06-06-17 08:12 AM
    If anyone hire you as QC to inspect LCD, there would be no product come on market. http://www.allparts.cn/files/lcd/dat...2_IIS(30k).pdf
    I don't inspect my screens bro.

The pixel that's dead or stuck stands out on its own - I think you're getting confused about a few dead pixels on a large screen vs on a smaller one.

I don't think I know anyone who would ever accept a dead pixel on their phone or ipad or even laptop screens.

You're not supposed to be using these types of devices and have a big dot stuck on the screen everytime you try to watch or read content.
    06-06-17 08:16 AM
    It wasn't across multiple brands lolll

Just BlackBerry.
    Very funny, I was commenting on the guy with a total tech meltdown. He was across many brands.
    06-06-17 08:31 AM
    Very funny, I was commenting on the guy with a total tech meltdown. He was across many brands.
    If you're talking about me - it was just BlackBerry I had problems with resulting in exchanges and returns or just giving up (like the Priv).

The LG devices all have bootloop issues that are well documented - I sold mine before it happened (with full disclosure to the buyer).

The first batches of the oneplus one also all had yellow tinting on their screens which I found acceptable and enjoyed that device till the bitter end.

The s8's had a red tint issue with their screens - again, well documented. I never owned one, I've just heard about it.

These aren't issues I have found myself, they're issues that are well documented by the community of users of said devices.

Remember when the iphone had attenae issues due to the metal frame and apple had to fix it? That ain't me finding faults across brands - that's called defect/QC issues across multiple brands period.
    06-06-17 09:16 AM
    If you're talking about me - it was just BlackBerry I had problems with resulting in exchanges and returns or just giving up (like the Priv).

The LG devices all have bootloop issues that are well documented - I sold mine before it happened (with full disclosure to the buyer).

The first batches of the oneplus one also all had yellow tinting on their screens which I found acceptable and enjoyed that device till the bitter end.

The s8's had a red tint issue with their screens - again, well documented. I never owned one, I've just heard about it.

These aren't issues I have found myself, they're issues that are well documented by the community of users of said devices.

Remember when the iphone had attenae issues due to the metal frame and apple had to fix it? That ain't me finding faults across brands - that's called defect/QC issues across multiple brands period.
    You do realize that you have VERY abnormally bad luck when it comes to BlackBerry mobile devices. That's all I was saying. I mean, could you imagine that you were an enterprise customer. You would have been John Chen's Kryptonite....

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-06-17 09:42 AM
    but chen is no superman.
    06-06-17 09:52 AM
    Z10 had software issues. That's not the same. QC should catch physical keys not working or screen not being properly attached. QC can't catch bugs that are in the software. (whether or not BlackBerry did adequate software testing, that's a different topic entirely)
    Quality control is a statistical sampling process in which randomly selected smartphones are examined for defects. There is no way modern manufacturing processes can possibility allow the quality control team sufficient time to examine every device. All manufacturing processes allow for a certain level of defective units of production which is one reason exchange policies at the retail level exist.
    06-06-17 10:16 AM
    but chen is no superman.
    Us shareholders disagree......LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 10:28 AM
    but chen is no superman.
    He still managed a turn around that seems to lead to soon profitability on a company that was totally screwed when he got it. I give him credit where many before him failed miserably.
    06-06-17 10:33 AM
    but chen is no superman.
    Apparently he is. BlackBerry stock is surging and predicted to go way up within a few years.

I think JC knew from the beginning he'd exit hardware he just needed to do it with a soft landing loll

That was sure a slow death though damn.

Though BlackBerry hardware still lives on.
    06-06-17 10:41 AM
    If anyone hire you as QC to inspect LCD, there would be no product come on market. http://www.allparts.cn/files/lcd/dat...2_IIS(30k).pdf
    There is no need for this QC PDF. Any dead pixels that are noticeable or bothersome to the user is grounds for return/exchange. At least it is with Apple, Nokia, Samsung and other brands I can think of. I didn't know BlackBerry was exempted from that.
    06-06-17 10:43 AM
    Quality control is a statistical sampling process in which randomly selected smartphones are examined for defects. There is no way modern manufacturing processes can possibility allow the quality control team sufficient time to examine every device. All manufacturing processes allow for a certain level of defective units of production which is one reason exchange policies at the retail level exist.
    When they make 12 of them, they could check every single one... #sarcasm

On a serious note, I worked at manufacturing plant where every single product was checked with a machine capable of detecting deviations of 1/1000 of a milimeter. They made and checked about 30/day. (granted, these were safety / life or death types of components so that's different)
    In Blackberrys case, that's likely unrealistic and unfeasible. Just pointing out that such precise QC procedure exist
    06-06-17 11:14 AM
    When they make 12 of them, they could check every single one... #sarcasm

On a serious note, I worked at manufacturing plant where every single product was checked with a machine capable of detecting deviations of 1/1000 of a milimeter. They made and checked about 30/day. (granted, these were safety / life or death types of components so that's different)
    In Blackberrys case, that's likely unrealistic and unfeasible. Just pointing out that such precise QC procedure exist
    Well, yes, the bolded part does make a wee bit of difference. People should read up on AQL for different types of manufacturing/needs.
    06-06-17 11:32 AM
    Us shareholders disagree......LOL

Posted via CB10
    I am shareholder too. But respectful agree to be disagree.
    06-06-17 11:34 AM
    There is no need for this QC PDF. Any dead pixels that are noticeable or bothersome to the user is grounds for return/exchange. At least it is with Apple, Nokia, Samsung and other brands I can think of. I didn't know BlackBerry was exempted from that.
    I guess we live on different planet. Beam me up.
    06-06-17 11:38 AM
    Just wanted to update the post, I got a new Keyone (found it at 333 Bloor St East....they have two more if anyone wants to get one) because I didn't want to wait a week to get another one and im happy to say it's problem free!

So yeah I guess third times the charm!

I have to say it's a great device and hopefully people have better luck that I did.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 08:40 PM
    Good deal. Hope you enjoy it
    Blamraddle likes this.
    06-06-17 08:51 PM
    I just got my K1 today and it was stuck in a boot loop. Would stay on for 5 for min at most. Just sent it back and a new one is on the way. If this 2nd one has problems I'm buying a Pixel XL. I just recently sold my Dtek60 which I loved but also had unresponsive screen issues in barely cold weather. I really believe this is a QC problem at TCL. The question is how big of a problem it is. I'm crossing my fingers I can keep my Blackberry!
    06-06-17 09:11 PM
    I am shareholder too. But respectful agree to be disagree.
    Disagree on what? His executive decisions saved the company. I loved hardware and BB10, however, not enough to lose my hard earned money I put into BlackBerry shares.
    06-06-17 09:17 PM
    I really didn't want to turn into those negative people but this is ridiculous...

So I bought the keyone pretty much on the first day, had an issue with the brightness which I found out later was a defect on the phone and had to wait until today to get a brand-new keyone.

I take it home and guess what half the damn keyboard isn't working on a brand new device! That's two devices that i have had that have had two separate problems.

So I try and set it up anyway with the on screen keyboard and I find out the fingerprint scanner doesn't work ahhhhhhhh!!!

What is wrong with this device, clearly no quality assurance from TCL.

...... Although I have to admit the battery life did hold up pretty well while I was staring at it angrily with the screen on attempting to reload the OS praying it would work.
    I call Bull Sh**
    I have bought two devices now.

One from the UK (100-2) and my Amazon US variant (100-1)

Both working perfectly

By far and away the best BlackBerry yet and BlackBerry didn't even build it.
    06-06-17 09:27 PM
    You may be on to something.....
    06-06-17 09:31 PM
    I call Bull Sh**

Both working perfectly

I call Bull Sh**

Both working perfectly

Good for you, why don't you take a look to see when I joined this website before calling bull**** on another user.. I've been using blackberry devices for a long time and want this company to do well, or I wouldn't be buying their phone 10 years later.

New flash. just like my two devices aren't a consensus about every keyone having problems nor are your "perfect devices" a consensus either.

The part That I agree with is that it is the best blackberry yet, I just received a working model and i can't put it down. It brings back the addiction from the days when blackberry was everywhere.
    buwee likes this.
    06-06-17 10:09 PM
    I just got my K1 today and it was stuck in a boot loop. Would stay on for 5 for min at most. Just sent it back and a new one is on the way. If this 2nd one has problems I'm buying a Pixel XL. I just recently sold my Dtek60 which I loved but also had unresponsive screen issues in barely cold weather. I really believe this is a QC problem at TCL. The question is how big of a problem it is. I'm crossing my fingers I can keep my Blackberry!
    I really hope they fix these issues but man it know it's frustrating but the keyone is an unbelievely good phone. This is coming from a guy who has an S8 plus and an iPhone 6s Plus!
    Last edited by Blamraddle; 06-06-17 at 10:30 PM.
    06-06-17 10:13 PM
    Just wanted to update the post, I got a new Keyone (found it at 333 Bloor St East....they have two more if anyone wants to get one) because I didn't want to wait a week to get another one and im happy to say it's problem free!

So yeah I guess third times the charm!

I have to say it's a great device and hopefully people have better luck that I did.
    Good stuff. Third time's the charm.
    06-07-17 12:22 AM
    I really hope they fix these issues but man it know it's frustrating but the keyone is an unbelievely good phone. This is coming from a guy who has an S8 plus and an iPhone 6s Plus!
    I think you just got 'lucky'... Look at the defect free thread, there's many that haven't had issues. I don't think it's a problem in the construction of the device, just a few bad eggs got pushed out. It almost certainly would have been something that would have been noticed during all the CBK meetups. Who knows how people have 'kicked the tires' on the demo units that Kevin passed around.... IF they were poorly built overall those units would have been in pieces by now.

Anyway, glad to hear the happy ending, I would have been frustrated and angry as well if I had the same thing happen to me! AND now you can post of the defect free thread finally!!
    Last edited by Reaney; 06-07-17 at 05:18 AM.
    Blamraddle likes this.
    06-07-17 12:36 AM
115 ... 2345