Ahh, so no obvious date? I now realise that you're in CA, and I suspect only the Euro versions had dates on the boxes.
    I didn't know that but yep I'm in Canada and I got it from Rogers and definitely no date anywhere on the box!
    06-05-17 10:11 PM
    Let me know how it goes, good luck!
    Set up was fine. Can't get CB app to allow me to post so I'm using my Passport

Device is nice but the OS is a downgrade.
    06-05-17 10:11 PM
    So far no issues whatsoever with my K1. But I did have a bad experience with the bold 9900 once! They installed the lcd underneath crooked, it wouldn't be noticeable on fast look but yeah it was definitely crooked by about 1.5mm.
    06-05-17 10:17 PM
    Just curious who your provider is, and if you know where your device was manufactured? There seems to be a split on this forum between satisfied and completely frustrated users. I just picked up a KeyOne via Bell and everything seems great on all levels. My device was manufactured in China. I know there are other plants like Mexico... just wondering if that's part of the problem with the lemons?

On a side note, sorry it's been frustrating on your end. I wouldn't be happy either if I were in your shoes!
    It's Rogers! I just checked and it's manufactured in China. I heard about that too but I'm pretty sure the last one I had was from China too.

The worst part is its actually a good phone, if it was an overall bad phone I could just give it back and say screw it I'll wait for the keytwo! But the frustrating part is that it's good and I have to wait another week to get a new one lol
    06-05-17 10:17 PM

Lucky! The passport overall is a really good device.

I miss BB10 as well, it's too bad developers never supported it and people jumped ship
    06-05-17 10:21 PM
    It's Rogers! I just checked and it's manufactured in China. I heard about that too but I'm pretty sure the last one I had was from China too.

The worst part is its actually a good phone, if it was an overall bad phone I could just give it back and say screw it I'll wait for the keytwo! But the frustrating part is that it's good and I have to wait another week to get a new one lol
    Dang, there goes my theory, lol. Well, just to put on my tinfoil hat, maybe they discovered a problem and that's why everything went south so suddenly in terms of availability....

For what it's worth, the device is awesome if it doesn't have any defects. I'm not sure if you're better off waiting a few months or taking a chance on another device at this point. Having said that, I think you'll love it once they've sorted out production issues. I've been rocking it for a day, and I'm loving it. The PKB is... amazing.
    06-05-17 10:23 PM
    I think you'll find that the keyone is only made in China, no where else.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem easy to identify batches, without dates on boxes, or other obvious information.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 06-05-17 at 11:29 PM.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-05-17 10:30 PM
    As for the dead pixel, you check spec for LCD, it allow to have some dead pixels as long as they are not cluster together in certain area... it is the std of LCD acceptance criteria. I have yet to see a vendor that supply LCD claim with no dead pixel. IMHO. when you find out one vendor that claim their product with no dead pixel, please let me (and all the CB) know.
    Bro, I shouldn't even dignify your post.

But on the PlayBook, or even on a phone, even if it was just ONE stuck or dead pixel, it is very obvious and distracting and I'm not a big enough fanboy to blindly accept that for something that cost me hundreds of hard earned money.
    06-05-17 10:49 PM
    Serious bad luck. I have had mine since day one and it's working great.
    Blamraddle likes this.
    06-05-17 11:00 PM
    I ahve issues with GPS!... the dang thing looses signal when I connect to my car!.... It locks on to the a signal for 30 secs and then loses it for 2 mins..

So frustrated 😤!

But works fine when I discount android auto..

Anyone had this issue??
    06-05-17 11:05 PM
    Your Screen came off... Good god, hopefully that's an isolated incident. I bought both phones at Rogers
    No they are already 8-10 on this forum atm, but as far as I recall EU UK models (please correct me).
    06-05-17 11:57 PM
    No they are already 8-10 on this forum atm, but as far as I recall EU UK models (please correct me).
    Could be worse. Just leaving this here for perspective.

Customers not happy with Apple's 'pitiful' cure for iPhone 'touch disease' - Business - CBC News

I'm not trying to minimize the frustration of anyone who got a bad device. Just a reminder that no OEM is immune from defects.
    06-06-17 12:06 AM
    Could be worse. Just leaving this here for perspective.

Customers not happy with Apple's 'pitiful' cure for iPhone 'touch disease' - Business - CBC News

I'm not trying to minimize the frustration of anyone who got a bad device. Just a reminder that no OEM is immune from defects.
    Yeah could be worse - if you are not one of them with loose display, not working pkb, red lines in display and too dim screen and trying to get refund (cause you want to wait the for the second production wave) or even just want another one in exchange and have to wait since there are non left in stock.

That's the difference to other Fruit Co. (also just to give perspective).

The "Apple touch disease" seems not have been a DOA problem but a problem arising after month of use - we'll see how BBM manages those then.
    06-06-17 12:13 AM
    Yeah could be worse - if you are not one of them with loose display, not working pkb, red lines in display and too dim screen and trying to get refund (cause you want to wait the for the second production wave) or even just want another one in exchange and have to wait since there are non left in stock.

That's the difference to other Fruit Co. (also just to give perspective)
    So they both produce lemons?

Just to produce another fruit... lol. What's your point?
    06-06-17 12:17 AM

That's the difference to other Fruit Co. (also just to give perspective).

The "Apple touch disease" seems not have been a DOA problem but a problem arising after month of use - we'll see how BBM manages those then.
    Nice edit to your message, lol.
    06-06-17 12:23 AM
    Nice edit to your message, lol.
    You were too fast
    I keep posting replys (even if half ready) if I switch to other apps from CB app as I lost too many times my whole answer, cause CB app throws me out and sometimes no way to restore previous post (but that's another problem on another device and not HW related - so non to care here).
    06-06-17 12:29 AM
    You were too fast
    I keep posting replys (even if half ready) if I switch to other apps from CB app as I lost too many times my whole answer, cause CB app throws me out and sometimes no way to restore previous post (but that's another problem on another device and not HW related - so non to care here).
    Fair enough.

You're wrong about the KeyONE. It's still the best BlackBerry device I've ever used, I could care less if a dozen or so people on this forum had problems, lol.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 12:36 AM
    Fair enough.

You're wrong about the KeyONE. It's still the best BlackBerry device I've ever used, I could care less if a dozen or so people on this forum had problems, lol.
    I'm not saying KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a bad device so I'm not wrong, one should name things if they are not the way supposed to and I also did with my Palms and the Priv.

I would like to see/test it for myself, but there are still non available in any shop nearby even if we should have them available since end of April in my country.

[/end of personal comments - back to topic]
    06-06-17 12:54 AM
    I'm not saying KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a bad device so I'm not wrong, one should name things if they are not the way supposed to and I also did with my Palms and the Priv.

I would like to see/test it for myself, but there are still non available in any shop nearby even if we should have them available since end of April in my country.

[/end of personal comments - back to topic]
    Absolutely you should be able to judge the device for yourself and not extrapolate a negative opinion from the 10 - 20 negative opinions on this forum...

I have a KeyONE in hand, and it's an awesome device. Trust me, you'll love it if you're a PKB fan. Enough said. We'll revisit this conversation once you have one in hand, lol.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 01:02 AM
    I went through like 6 playbooks at best buy before I gave up from dead pixels. Had to resort to buying used so I could inspect it in person without fear of opening a sealed box loll

7 privs and only one had a perfect keyboard without stuck keys

2/3 classics had a loose toolbelt

I'm going to guess BlackBerry has a bigger qc issues because their phones have a lot more parts to put together?

Most other devices are more unibody type of bodies so . . . anyway, but I had two classics where the sim tray cover couldn't sit flush with the frame loll
    LoL
    Seems you are the Chosen One
    06-06-17 05:38 AM
    Whats like the typical time it takes after a phone has been released that the manufacturer makes necessary adjustments for a more solid phone? i'll even take a ballpark answer...
    If it's not fairly solid shortly after launch it will likely be obsolete by the time it's solid, if ever.
    06-06-17 06:04 AM
    Sounds almost like when I got the 9700 and the keys popped off. And that's during the legendary period of BB quality.
    Could these all just fit the zxiom of "99% of everything is crap?"

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 06:09 AM
    You're serious bad luck and major contra indicator. If you bought Apple or Google products, they'd be in bankruptcy as we speak. You're like the hardware grim reaper....

Posted via CB10
    I think the user might have some issues as well, that many issues across multiple brands is a little over the top. I have had technology (major) since the beginning. Issues yes, but I always just trotted in handed it over and never had a problem. If I ever had a second. Issue it went back and was finished. Time for something different. One other thought, stores keep lists and exchange them with each other of problem (returns) customers.
    06-06-17 06:29 AM

down grade from ?
    06-06-17 07:41 AM
    Bro, I shouldn't even dignify your post.

But on the PlayBook, or even on a phone, even if it was just ONE stuck or dead pixel, it is very obvious and distracting and I'm not a big enough fanboy to blindly accept that for something that cost me hundreds of hard earned money.
    If anyone hire you as QC to inspect LCD, there would be no product come on market. http://www.allparts.cn/files/lcd/dat...2_IIS(30k).pdf
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 07:53 AM
115 12345