I really didn't want to turn into those negative people but this is ridiculous...

So I bought the keyone pretty much on the first day, had an issue with the brightness which I found out later was a defect on the phone and had to wait until today to get a brand-new keyone.

I take it home and guess what half the damn keyboard isn't working on a brand new device! That's two devices that i have had that have had two separate problems.

So I try and set it up anyway with the on screen keyboard and I find out the fingerprint scanner doesn't work ahhhhhhhh!!!

What is wrong with this device, clearly no quality assurance from TCL.

...... Although I have to admit the battery life did hold up pretty well while I was staring at it angrily with the screen on attempting to reload the OS praying it would work.
    Last edited by Blamraddle; 06-06-17 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Update
    06-05-17 03:58 PM
    You can try your luck with a third replacement device, or see if you can get a refund out of whoever you bought it from and spend it on a phone with better QA.
    06-05-17 04:05 PM
    That's what I'm doing now, still not giving up on the key one but this is ridiculous
    06-05-17 04:14 PM
    That's what I'm doing now, still not giving up on the key one but this is ridiculous
    Hope the third one is OK.
    Blamraddle and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-05-17 04:19 PM
    I went through like 6 playbooks at best buy before I gave up from dead pixels. Had to resort to buying used so I could inspect it in person without fear of opening a sealed box loll

7 privs and only one had a perfect keyboard without stuck keys

2/3 classics had a loose toolbelt

I'm going to guess BlackBerry has a bigger qc issues because their phones have a lot more parts to put together?

Most other devices are more unibody type of bodies so . . . anyway, but I had two classics where the sim tray cover couldn't sit flush with the frame loll
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    06-05-17 04:20 PM
    What was the issue with the brightness on the first phone?
    06-05-17 04:21 PM
    I went through like 6 playbooks at best buy before I gave up from dead pixels. Had to resort to buying used so I could inspect it in person without fear of opening a sealed box loll

I'm going to guess BlackBerry has a bigger qc issues because their phones have a lot more parts to put together?

Most other devices are more unibody type of bodies so . . . anyway, but I had two classics where the sim tray cover couldn't sit flush with the frame loll
    You're serious bad luck and major contra indicator. If you bought Apple or Google products, they'd be in bankruptcy as we speak. You're like the hardware grim reaper....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:31 PM
    The display was extremely dim and putting on adaptive brightness did not change anything. It 25% as bright as it should be. The new phone fixed this but came with the other issues.
    06-05-17 04:33 PM

Lol I thought I had it bad!
    06-05-17 04:35 PM
    You're serious bad luck and major contra indicator. If you bought Apple or Google products, they'd be in bankruptcy as we speak. You're like the hardware grim reaper....

Posted via CB10
    Hey man it is what it is.

And for the record I do also owned a moto g, x, oneplus, s7, s7 edge, macbook pro (2), Mac air, lenovo x220, LG g3 and g4, and I pad air and ipad mini 2.

I never had to go through exchanges and returns and hunting missions for these products.

I know the g4 had bootloop issues but I got rid of mine before that occurred. My oneplus had yellow tinting yes, but I accepted it.

I also accepted my passport screen lift...

Dead pixels and loose toolbelts and stuck keys aren't things you just accept. Not my fault BlackBerry had so much garbage floating around in market.

I also owned a nexus 7 and nexus 10. Lovely devices.
    06-05-17 04:36 PM
    Sorry to hear... I am starting to think I wont order one until the PRIV dies,.. Then hopefully the bugs are worked out. How do we check HW versions?
    06-05-17 04:38 PM
    dont stop now keep the streak going you still haven't had the screen pop out or the lines thru the screen
    kbz1960 and chefcenko like this.
    06-05-17 04:50 PM
    I really didn't want to turn into those negative people but this is ridiculous...

So I bought the keyone pretty much on the first day, had an issue with the brightness which I found out later was a defect on the phone and had to wait until today to get a brand-new keyone.

I take it home and guess what half the damn keyboard isn't working on a brand new device! That's two devices that i have had that have had two separate problems.

So I try and set it up anyway with the on screen keyboard and I find out the fingerprint scanner doesn't work ahhhhhhhh!!!

What is wrong with this device, clearly no quality assurance from TCL.

...... Although I have to admit the battery life did hold up pretty well while I was staring at it angrily with the screen on attempting to reload the OS praying it would work.

I'm going to give The KeyOne one more try if and when I get a refund on mine (screen came off). I will wait a few months hopefully TCL will make a better batch. Did you buy from CPW?
    06-05-17 04:56 PM
    dont stop now keep the streak going you still haven't had the screen pop out or the lines thru the screen
    That's the next one!! It's coming in 3 to 5 days!
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    06-05-17 05:10 PM
    I'm going to give The KeyOne one more try if and when I get a refund on mine (screen came off). I will wait a few months hopefully TCL will make a better batch. Did you buy from CPW?
    Your Screen came off... Good god, hopefully that's an isolated incident. I bought both phones at Rogers
    06-05-17 05:12 PM
    Sorry to hear... I am starting to think I wont order one until the PRIV dies,.. Then hopefully the bugs are worked out. How do we check HW versions?
    Thanks, that's a really good idea. I know I'm angry right now but if these bugs had not happened I would be really happy with this phone
    06-05-17 05:15 PM
    Seven keys didn't work on mine. The replacement came today. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet.
    06-05-17 05:31 PM
    Seven keys didn't work on mine. The replacement came today. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet.
    Let me know how it goes, good luck!
    06-05-17 05:32 PM
    Hey man it is what it is.

And for the record I do also owned a moto g, x, oneplus, s7, s7 edge, macbook pro (2), Mac air, lenovo x220, LG g3 and g4, and I pad air and ipad mini 2.

I never had to go through exchanges and returns and hunting missions for these products.

I know the g4 had bootloop issues but I got rid of mine before that occurred. My oneplus had yellow tinting yes, but I accepted it.

I also accepted my passport screen lift...

Dead pixels and loose toolbelts and stuck keys aren't things you just accept. Not my fault BlackBerry had so much garbage floating around in market.

I also owned a nexus 7 and nexus 10. Lovely devices.
    Why stick around? With you BlackBerry luck, you should have left awhile back. I've left other brands for much less, much sooner.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 06:07 PM
    I feel your pain... Already sent one back as my entire pkb stopped working.
    06-05-17 06:11 PM
    I remember going through 3 samsung s5's. It's frustrating, but does happen.
    Blamraddle likes this.
    06-05-17 06:20 PM
    Whats like the typical time it takes after a phone has been released that the manufacturer makes necessary adjustments for a more solid phone? i'll even take a ballpark answer...
    06-05-17 06:21 PM
    Whats like the typical time it takes after a phone has been released that the manufacturer makes necessary adjustments for a more solid phone? i'll even take a ballpark answer...
    How long for did it take for Z10 to be good....1 year??!!

Now it is tcl are they willing to work hard enough to make it better?!?!
    06-05-17 06:25 PM
    wait for BlackberryKeyTwo
    Blamraddle and TGR1 like this.
    06-05-17 06:27 PM
    Very bad lack ! I feel very sorry for you, I hope that the 3rd one will be absolutely perfect!
    Blamraddle likes this.
    06-05-17 07:11 PM
115 123 ...