So I made a thread before about leaving my "ok" and "Ok" alone instead of capitalizing it to "OK" - which I think we can all agree nobody does and is stupid.

And I still haven't found a way to fix that and have to change it every time. But, okay, despite the complete user interface fail, maybe that word is hardcoded into the OS for whatever reason.

Moving on to other words...it auto-corrects "sh!t" to "shot". Okay, understandable, they don't have semi "bad words" in the dictionary. I'll just add it and that will be the end of it, right?

Nopeeeeeeee. The word "sh!t" is in my dictionary. But it still autocorrects it to "shot" when I type it. Every time. WTF is the point of me adding it to the dictionary then? I just don't get it, this isn't complicated here - if I add a word to the dictionary, that means I use it, and I don't want it changed.

I really want to turn it off completely but I've gotten accustomed to using it for simple things, like letting it add an apostrophe in "you're" and "I've" etc as it's faster to type without using special characters.

Can someone help me out here? People (not the CrackBerry crew, but the mobile community at large) hated on OS10 about how it was basic, whatever. But it was simple to do the things you wanted on it, and easy to customize, and I miss it every day. I'm not asking for some complex high end feature here. How can this be so much of a fail that it can't let you choose what it corrects and what doesn't. Why do I waste my time adding custom words to the dictionary - specifically to avoid it autocorrecting - if it still autocorrects those words?
    08-14-17 02:31 PM
    I turned auto correct off completely.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-14-17 04:18 PM
    the autocorrect on my Classic is AWESOME. it's the best autocorrect i've come across on 3 different iphones, and 3 different android phones.

it's so damn good, that when i have to type on my laptop keyboard i find myself wishing it had my Classic's autocorrect
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-14-17 05:04 PM
    1) Turn off auto-correct for the physical keyboard entirely.

2) Open Settings > Language & input > Keyboard Settings > BlackBerry Keyboard > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution.

You can enter all kinds of shortcut tricks, and auto-replace contractions like typing 'didnt' and getting 'didn't'. It's like building your own auto-correct.
    08-14-17 06:56 PM
    Yea, the dictionary feature doesn't work like that. It just means that's how you spell that word.

You need to turn autocorrect completely off as the poster said above and then add all of your words to word substitution. You need to keep "show predictions" on and you'll see that all of your word substitutions get autocorrected the way want, and nothing else does.

I had the same issue as you but now it works like a charm. The only effort required is adding all of your word subs to the word sub page.
    08-15-17 03:28 AM
    I use OK often. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 07:10 AM
    Thanks so much everyone! That does the trick for sure... I actually didn't think there was a solution except to turn it fully off.

I use OK often. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    I don't know maybe I'm being dramatic but I feel like it can come off passive aggressive sometimes. I wouldn't interpret it in a certain way but tend to err on the side of caution with my own typing..
    08-16-17 02:48 AM
    thans for this thread. I Just switched to the KeyOne after 2 amazing Passports. this is ons of my frustrations
    03-04-18 05:32 PM
    I understand your frustration. My problem is little different though. I've misspelled a few words so many times now that z30 auto corrects to the misspelled word on the occasions I spell it correctly.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 08:11 PM
    Sounds like auto correct is working just fine. I've added a ton of words to the dictionary by tapping on the word I want to add and choosing "add to dictionary" . It never bothers me or corrects the words I've added. Not sure what's going on with yours.
    03-04-18 08:21 PM
    I understand your frustration. My problem is little different though. I've misspelled a few words so many times now that z30 auto corrects to the misspelled word on the occasions I spell it correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Tap on the word in the Edit window then long press on the word in the suggestion box and remove it from your dictionary and that should fix the problem for that word
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-18 01:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ha - I thought I was the only person who had done that. I've had to remove a few mess ups from the dictionary.
    03-05-18 08:48 AM
    Mine pissed me off enough times I shut it down
    03-07-18 12:46 AM