Seems that anytime I approach a store with free WiFi my K1 tries to connect to it and ignores the network signal. Example: as I approach a Starbucks the K1 wants me to connect to their free WiFi and cuts out the carrier Internet signal. Anyone else?
    01-13-18 01:13 PM
    Just go into the settings in WIFI and turn Network Notification off.
    01-13-18 01:22 PM
    You can also turn off the Passport settings.
    01-13-18 04:58 PM
    Yes, how do we stop this from happening OR make it so that if we don’t sign in, it will automatically revert back to mobile data?
    01-13-18 05:19 PM
    You can also turn off the Passport settings.
    The above had a typo. Should be turn off "Passpoint" in WIFI settings.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-14-18 at 05:50 AM.
    01-14-18 03:12 AM
    This is one of the most r3t4rd3d features of Android (And IOS, etc) - and it absolutely should never be on by default. Basically it means this: "If a dud open access point is available nearby, cut off my internet connection whilst simultaneously leaking data to persons unknown"

You can disable auto connect in the wi fi settings as others have mentioned, but I just wanted to vent about how *completely r3t4rd3d* this "feature" is.

Oh, and another separate vent about how a word meaning "Mentally defective and / or extremely stupid" is now being censored.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 05:58 AM
    Mine has been on by default and I've never had the issue you've had.

As to your second vent, you could just expand your vocabulary.
    01-14-18 08:24 AM
    Mine has been on by default and I've never had the issue you've had.

As to your second vent, you could just expand your vocabulary.
    R3tard3d

That's strange though, because the PKB dictionary suggests the word since it has other uses but CB doesn't? Why the filter I wonder?
    01-14-18 08:27 AM
    Just go into the settings in WIFI and turn Network Notification off.
    Mine is off, but I have the same issue as the OP. When I'm near a saved wifi network, the phone will disable mobile data and automatically log on to the saved network.

The problem is, free wifi hotspots such as Starbucks have the 'Accept and Connect' screen that you must click before getting Internet access. So Internet access stays in limbo until you either disable wifi or log onto the network. The Starbucks app, however, works on the Starbucks wifi without having to tap Accept.

This didn't happen with the Priv. Maybe it's a Nougat thing.
    01-14-18 08:42 AM
    R3tard3d

That's strange though, because the PKB dictionary suggests the word since it has other uses but CB doesn't? Why the filter I wonder?
    R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Several other forums that I belong to have banned the use of the word "stroke" when describing other members. This happened over 15 years ago.
    Of course words have more than one meaning, stroke could refer to rowing oar propelled boats but the forums would have to incorporated some form of AI to determine the context in which the word is being used. Until that happens the questionable word has to be universally banned.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-14-18 at 09:36 AM.
    01-14-18 08:45 AM
    Mine is off, but I have the same issue as the OP. When I'm near a saved wifi network, the phone will disable mobile data and automatically log on to the saved network.

The problem is, free wifi hotspots such as Starbucks have the 'Accept and Connect' screen that you must click before getting Internet access. So Internet access stays in limbo until you either disable wifi or log onto the network. The Starbucks app, however, works on the Starbucks wifi without having to tap Accept.

I only have two saved wifi networks, home and work, so that might explain why I have never had that issue. I would rather use wifi than use up my cell data anyway. I guess there were good intentions when that feature was being developed.
    01-14-18 08:49 AM
    R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Several other forums that I belong to have banned the use of the word "stroke" when describing other members. This happened over 15 years ago.
    Of course words have more than one meaning, stroke could refer to rowing oar propelled boats but the forums would have to incorporated some form of AI to determine the context in which the word is being used. Until that happens the questionable word has to be universally banned.
    Which is ridiculous. If someone is being inappropriate, that's what the report button is for.
    Lord knows I've racked up the violations.
    01-14-18 10:57 AM
    Which is ridiculous. If someone is being inappropriate, that's what the report button is for.
    Lord knows I've racked up the violations.
    I think the mods have enough to do. Since I'm not inclined to use such words anyway I don't have a problem with it.
    I have other ways to be derogatory that is more creative (or not).
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-14-18 at 11:31 AM.
    01-14-18 11:17 AM
    I think the mods have enough to do. Since I'm not inclined to use such words anyway I don't have a problem with it.
    I have other ways to insult someone that is more creative (or not).
    I agree. I was just referring to using words in non-insulting manners. I've noticed many banned words in the last year that shouldn't be on CB. If people can't behave, this won't change the behavior. Im tired of being protected from stupidity. It's like passing more laws because the criminals ignore the existing ones.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-14-18 11:36 AM

I have had it with the Priv, too. Actually, I was in barcelona for the KeyOne debut when I was at a hotel with wifi. I wanted to confirm a flight and arrange a shuttle. I did not want to use wifi at the hotel. I could not for the life of me (11pm) get my mobile (non-wifi) data working. I was infuriated. And it happened a few times the previous summer in Europe with the Priv. Hotel wifi's would not allow me to use mobile data.

What is the sure way to overcome this nonsense as I leave for another European trip in two weeks. And occasionally I want SECURE data connections and not wifi!!

edited to add: I just remember it also happened at a resort in Sedona. No email, not web when we would return to the resort after a day out. Unless I logged on/signed in at the resort wifi page, I could not send/receive mail. Again the PRIV.
    01-14-18 07:21 PM
    I have had it with the Priv, too. Actually, I was in barcelona for the KeyOne debut when I was at a hotel with wifi. I wanted to confirm a flight and arrange a shuttle. I did not want to use wifi at the hotel. I could not for the life of me (11pm) get my mobile (non-wifi) data working. I was infuriated. And it happened a few times the previous summer in Europe with the Priv. Hotel wifi's would not allow me to use mobile data.

What is the sure way to overcome this nonsense as I leave for another European trip in two weeks. And occasionally I want SECURE data connections and not wifi!!

edited to add: I just remember it also happened at a resort in Sedona. No email, not web when we would return to the resort after a day out. Unless I logged on/signed in at the resort wifi page, I could not send/receive mail. Again the PRIV.
    Open Settings, Wifi, slide to Off. Maybe reboot.

If you were in Spain, did you allow roaming? Sometimes you have to approve mobile data in several places before the phone will allow roaming. I found out the hard way that Google Maps only worked on wifi until I allowed it on mobile data from within the app.
    01-14-18 08:34 PM
    Open Settings, Wifi, slide to Off. Maybe reboot.

If you were in Spain, did you allow roaming? Sometimes you have to approve mobile data in several places before the phone will allow roaming. I found out the hard way that Google Maps only worked on wifi until I allowed it on mobile data from within the app.
    I did allow ROAMING while in Spain.

I hope that I don't run into it again but unless I understand the process, it might be hard to avoid. I just want to turn off wifi and have mobile SECURE data. But as I recall, even turning off wifi did not re-enable mobile data. I posted about it earlier and called it Zombie mode!
    01-14-18 10:03 PM