Is anyone else having issues with Android Pay on the K1 (VZW model) in the U.S.? I installed the app and loaded my cards (to include PayPal) with no problems. However, when I tried to use Android Pay at known supporting stores, I could feel the vibrate when I tapped the pay terminal and it would show a terminal icon on the K1's screen, but that's it. There was also some type of error text too. However, when using Android Pay on my Pixel XL, I never had this happen.

Here's what I've done so far, but haven't been able to test it yet:

Cleared the app's cache

If that doesn't work, I'll uninstall and then reinstall the app.

If that doesn't work, I saw online that swapping the SIM may fix the issue. I'm not sure of the correlation between the SIM and the app, and the user did several other things at the same time. Therefore, I am taking it one step at a time to isolate the issue.

Last, I'll reach out to Google forums/support for assistance.

Any thoughts?
    06-15-17 08:09 AM
    I will leave my misguided reply so that the comments below make sense. But I was referring to the wrong Pay System.

Is anyone else having issues with Android Pay on the K1 (VZW model) in the U.S.? I installed the app and loaded my cards (to include PayPal) with no problems. However, when I tried to use Android Pay at known supporting stores, I could feel the vibrate when I tapped the pay terminal and it would show a terminal icon on the K1's screen, but that's it. There was also some type of error text too. However, when using Android Pay on my Pixel XL, I never had this happen.

Here's what I've done so far, but haven't been able to test it yet:

Cleared the app's cache

If that doesn't work, I'll uninstall and then reinstall the app.

If that doesn't work, I saw online that swapping the SIM may fix the issue. I'm not sure of the correlation between the SIM and the app, and the user did several other things at the same time. Therefore, I am taking it one step at a time to isolate the issue.

Last, I'll reach out to Google forums/support for assistance.

Any thoughts?
    I'm using it on a Gear S3 bluetoothed to Verizon Priv with generally no problem. Occasionally, a purchase won't go through but mostly it works. I'm trying to recall if I read of problems with 7.x. Does the Pixel and K1 have the same version of Nougat?

And you might ask some questions or check out threads on another site (forgive me CB!): https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3

Edited: to admit my error!!!
    Last edited by FF22; 06-15-17 at 01:09 PM.
    06-15-17 11:03 AM
    Same problem on my VZ KeyOne
    06-15-17 12:15 PM
    I'm using it on a Gear S3 bluetoothed to Verizon Priv with generally no problem. Occasionally, a purchase won't go through but mostly it works. I'm trying to recall if I read of problems with 7.x. Does the Pixel and K1 have the same version of Nougat?

And you might ask some questions or check out threads on another site (forgive me CB!): https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3
    I think you're referring to Samsung Pay not Android Pay. As a side note Samsung Pay does work with Pixel and Pixel XL now. It didn't at first. At least in the US.
    06-15-17 12:31 PM
    I haven't tried Android Pay in a long time since I've been using Samsung Pay but since Samsung Pay is not yet available using my S3 paired to the K1 I'm gonna give it a try and let you all know. Mine is a GSM version though using it on AT&T.
    06-15-17 12:40 PM
    I think you're referring to Samsung Pay not Android Pay. As a side note Samsung Pay does work with Pixel and Pixel XL now. It didn't at first. At least in the US.
    Sorry about that. Yes, I've got the wrong PAY!!!
    06-15-17 01:08 PM
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I hope that if this is a software issue, an update will be the fix. After all, I use Android Pay on a regular basis.
    06-15-17 01:19 PM
    So Android Pay worked with no issues at McDonald's today. But again I'm on the GSM version using it on AT&T.
    06-15-17 02:20 PM
    I have a question... I have more than one card in my android pay... two cards and paypal actually... but when I try to pay nothing happens... first, how do I select the card I want to use in this particular transaction? and two, what should I do besides taping the phone to the terminal? because I do that and as I said, nothing happens... and yes, nfc is enabled... sorry if this is kind of hijacking the thread... thanks!
    06-15-17 02:40 PM
    Same problem on my VZ KeyOne
    It's good to see that I'm not taking crazy pills.

So here is what I've done, which yielded negative results:

Cleared cache - no go
    Uninstalled and reinstalled Android Pay - no go
    Replaced SIM - no go

After all the above was completed, making it a no go on getting Android Pay to work (terminal card error) at a known Android Pay supported terminal. So this has to be a software problem specific to the VZW K1's. My next step is to reach out to BB and Android support.

Also, I never had this issue with my Pixel XL, using the same cards.

Any thoughts?
    06-15-17 07:42 PM
    I re-applied the credit cards again and see if that works
    06-15-17 07:49 PM
    I have a question... I have more than one card in my android pay... two cards and paypal actually... but when I try to pay nothing happens... first, how do I select the card I want to use in this particular transaction? and two, what should I do besides taping the phone to the terminal? because I do that and as I said, nothing happens... and yes, nfc is enabled... sorry if this is kind of hijacking the thread... thanks!
    In the Android Pay app, you can choose which card you want as the default card; unless you want to use another card. Which in this case, you will have to open the app and pick the card before you pay at the terminal.

In regards to "tapping" you don't need to tap your phone on the supported terminal. All you need to do is hover the phone over the terminal. Also, it looks like the NFC chip is near the upper half of the K1. That's it!

Hope this helps!
    06-15-17 07:50 PM
    I re-applied the credit cards again and see if that works
    Please let us know if that worked. Thanks!
    06-15-17 07:52 PM
    Please let us know if that worked. Thanks!
    Will do. I will need to try it when I get the chance.
    06-15-17 09:45 PM
    Not working with re-pairing the cc cards. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon.
    06-16-17 02:01 PM
    Thanks for giving it a try. I hope this will be fixed ASAP!
    06-16-17 05:57 PM