Blackberry still hasn't upgraded KeyOne to Oreo for the masses. Doesn't instill a great deal of confidence. Is it simply that BlackBerry doesn't have enough depth anymore to get OS updates out in a timely manner?
    08-06-18 04:10 PM
    Depth anymore? Interesting statement for a company that once made its own OS.

My KeyOne works just fine so I don't really care when or if they upgrade the OS. It would be different if the phone were broke and we needed the new OS to fix something...
    08-06-18 04:17 PM
    When it comes to making an opensource OS secure, it takes a lot more work and changes "under-the-hood" that require a lot more time than most other manufacturers are willing to take. What is happening here is not uncommon with Android devices. Many phones are still on 7.0 or older versions.

If you don't like seeing other people with the latest-and-greatest OS, then you should look into purchasing the next Pixel or OnePlus. Maybe even an iPhone. You don't buy a Blackberry for instant OS upgrades.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-06-18 04:37 PM
    Apparently only 12% are on Oreo, never mind Pie. I quite like the sound of the greyscale option, but that's about it.
    08-06-18 05:07 PM
    it's not about the latest and greatest Android OS. it's about delivering on promises made and provide a decent service for people who pay (quite a price) for the product
    08-06-18 05:14 PM
    it's not about the latest and greatest Android OS. it's about delivering on promises made and provide a decent service for people who pay (quite a price) for the product
    The promise is one security update at least every 3 months (which they have more than met), and one OS update which we know is in the works.

I don't see what promises they've broken.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-06-18 06:02 PM
    And so far bbmo had delivered
    08-06-18 06:05 PM
    I guess when they advertise about being the most secure device, for a lay person like me, I get uncomfortable when it's August 6 and I'm on a May 5 security patch, and don't have Oreo a year after it was released.
    08-06-18 06:41 PM
    Depth anymore?
    My KeyOne works just fine so I don't really care when or if they upgrade the OS. It would be different if the phone were broke and we needed the new OS to fix something...
    Regret the Android 7. has a lot of problems including but not limited to system crash, and WiFi Internet retaining connection when on 5G. For those who have these and other problems, Oreo can not come too soon.
    08-06-18 07:15 PM
    I guess when they advertise about being the most secure device, for a lay person like me, I get uncomfortable when it's August 6 and I'm on a May 5 security patch, and don't have Oreo a year after it was released.
    Technically, BBMo/TCL has until the end of August to meet that 3-month requirement for security updates.
    08-07-18 10:30 AM
    Technically, BBMo/TCL has until the end of August to meet that 3-month requirement for security updates.
    The thing is, what happens when they don't meet the 3-month requirement? Does Google take steps?
    08-07-18 10:41 AM
    i need bugs to be fixed. i am waiting for a year now. thats why i want this update
    08-07-18 10:46 AM
    The promise is one security update at least every 3 months (which they have more than met), and one OS update which we know is in the works.

I don't see what promises they've broken.
    They promised timely "monthly" updates. Where did this so called 3 month thing come about?
    xandros9 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-07-18 11:01 AM
    They promised timely "monthly" updates. Where did this so called 3 month thing come about?
    It's a requirement by Google to maintain the "Enterprise Secure" device rating, which TCL and BBMo need to keep or they lose that recommendation, which could lose them the whole purpose of their device(s).

I don't believe I've ever read anything from TCL/BBMo that mentioned "monthly" updates. Timely, sure, which they've more than done.
    08-07-18 11:06 AM
    The thing is, what happens when they don't meet the 3-month requirement? Does Google take steps?
    The K1 will lose its "Enterprise Secure" rating, and likely many, many contracts.
    08-07-18 11:07 AM
    Only 12% of Android devices are running Oreo. Android is still a fragmentation nightmare.

Android P out today.-screen-shot-2018-08-07-8.33.00-am.png
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-07-18 11:08 AM
    The K1 will lose its "Enterprise Secure" rating, and likely many, many contracts.
    That would be great. Apply some serious pressure!
    08-07-18 11:22 AM
    [QUOTE=Newfangled;13251808]Only 12% of Android devices are running Oreo. Android is still a fragmentation nightmare.

But that's something Google is working on.... Project Treble is why many non-Pixel phone are running Android P Beta already. Going forward, the numbers will increase on the updates for newer devices.

Other factor that will help is the consolidation of manufactures - right now there are hundreds of them. When it's only a dozen or so players, Google will be able to work with them better to extend the update cycle beyond two or three years.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-07-18 01:32 PM
    Only 12% of Android devices are running Oreo. Android is still a fragmentation nightmare.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 8.33.00 AM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	438776
    I wonder if BB10 devices are part of that 0.5% in the "Jellybean 4.3"
    08-07-18 04:59 PM
    just enjoy nougat , it's only been a year on the keyone. once u make the move to key2, oreo will be waiting. some people prefer nougat over oreo.
    08-07-18 06:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 8.33.00 AM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	438776
    Good, i can use this graph against those saying the key2 camera isn't good for most people on social media.
    08-07-18 06:18 PM