Also depends how much you sell the previous one for, because then you'd only be paying the difference. That being said, it's always good to keep a backup smartphone.
    Sure, but I don't sell my phones, so that's not a factor for me.
    05-09-18 02:25 PM
    Shout out to Mr Mobile for pointing out that the iPhone X copied it's swipe gestures from BB10 in his latest video

From 1:17 to 1:26

Very nice. But this is like waiting for the Seattle Light Rail to be only about a mile from my home - 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a fifth of my actuarially calculated remaining lifetime! (g)
    05-09-18 07:36 PM
    people keep forgetting that the BB Android has a bunch of security modifications to kernel and various other things. as well as other customizations, and the hardware root of trust. This is a huge difference from vanilla android.
    This is similar to why samsung is always so far behind too, they do their own ton of modifications to the android system both for their ui skin, and their enterprise Knox stuff.

Chances are all the devices on Android P beta are on project treble so they are doing a live proof of how this can work to faster provide customizations on top of Google's vanilla android core.

BB is signed up on project treble so further major updates will likely be faster... hopefully. Also helps that O has physical keyboard driver built in if memory serves, which was a major development resource hog from what I understood.
    05-09-18 08:32 PM
    Your explanation was "due to security" . Unless you are saying BlackBerry didn't care about that all while advertising it.
    Bingo

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 08:36 PM
    Very nice. But this is like waiting for the Seattle Light Rail to be only about a mile from my home - 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a fifth of my actuarially calculated remaining lifetime! (g)
    Move into a tent behind the public market, or if you're well heeled, move into a ground floor waterfront suite at the Edgewater and fish right from the room !!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 08:40 PM
    Move into a tent behind the public market, or if you're well heeled, move into a ground floor waterfront suite at the Edgewater and fish right from the room !!

Posted via CB10
    You know Seattle? I could sell the home and get a night or two at the Edgewater. Maybe I can get the room the Beatles had. (g)
    05-09-18 08:53 PM
    I don't think any BlackBerry phone will have android P till 2020. If P comes out near end of 2018, BlackBerry will probably need a year to port it to and release a newer device, and then six months after that, the previous flagship might get it, if it's still supported (probably the K2)
    05-09-18 09:05 PM
32 12