i have the BlackBerry Motion. For which I use with an SD card. The SD card stores files and photos. i have restricted Android/Google photos from accessing SD card and do not store any photos on google drive. The phone is used for work and hence some photos do not need to be on anyones cloud platform. However every time I want to delete a picture android wants access to the SD card in order to delete a picture on my own SD card. How do I stop this foolishness? Why does android require access to my SD Card when I choose to delete a file?
    07-14-20 06:52 PM
    How do I stop this foolishness? Why does android require access to my SD Card when I choose to delete a file?
    Give it permission to access the storage card, naturally, and it's asking because that's where it's being stored and in order for the OS to delete it, it needs permission. The fact it's ASKING you instead of just doing is in itself a security feature. You seem to be fighting an easy fix because you think it shouldn't have access but how do you expect it to delete it if it doesn't? It's like asking someone to take out the trash but the trash is inside a building and you won't give them the keys.
    07-14-20 07:21 PM
    i have the BlackBerry Motion. For which I use with an SD card. The SD card stores files and photos. i have restricted Android/Google photos from accessing SD card and do not store any photos on google drive. The phone is used for work and hence some photos do not need to be on anyones cloud platform. However every time I want to delete a picture android wants access to the SD card in order to delete a picture on my own SD card. How do I stop this foolishness? Why does android require access to my SD Card when I choose to delete a file?
    How is it supposed to delete a file if it doesn't have access to it?

Use a 3rd party file manager if you prefer, and only grant access to it alone.
    07-14-20 07:34 PM
    Why does photos need access to delete a file on my sd card that I have restricted access to. I can delete the file via file manager. or within the camera app itself. android or what ever wants permission does not need access. it is only code for it. i was able to delete photos when i originally bought the phone. with google photos app removed i can deleting within the camera app works. if this was within the OS should i not have the same issue. this is why i find this to be an android/google specific issue when it comes to control or having you place everything on the cloud or just access. Finally i do understand your analogy. however one difference.. the keys have been given to someone else to take out the trash but the one guy (just showed up) i don't want to touch it keeps forcing to do it.
    07-14-20 10:09 PM
    Thanks... 3rd party works!!! appreciated.
    07-14-20 10:11 PM