View Poll Results: Which style of Android navigation buttons do you prefer?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Permanent Soft Touch (as in KeyOne)

3 15.00%
  • On-Screen

4 20.00%
  • Physical Buttons

6 30.00%
  • Physical with Call Buttons

11 55.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Now that you've used the KeyOne, tell us what you prefer.
    Maybe someone will see this and consider it for KeyTwo?
    06-20-17 02:15 AM
    I prefer the back button to be on the right and the open apps button to be on the left.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 02:22 AM
    Same here. I prefer the back button on the right.

If I had my way, the Keyone would have a Classic tool belt instead of the Android buttons. Then it would be perfect.
    itsFirhan and Johberry like this.
    06-20-17 04:05 AM
    You can swap them if you want. There are numerous apps that can change this for you as far as you don't mind seeing an icon behaving differently to what it is supposed to do.

One such app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper

I on the other hand prefer whatever is in the offering. It just getting used to it.
    mbirth likes this.
    06-20-17 08:55 AM
    I prefer physical buttons (because software buttons would take away from the screen estate, especially when turning the device sideways), but the drawback is that we're missing out on the upcoming navbar customisation features...
    pooyam likes this.
    06-20-17 09:50 AM
    [QUOTE=mbirth;12932141]I prefer physical buttons (because software buttons would take away from the screen estate, especially when turning the device sideways), but the drawback is that we're missing out on the [URL=http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/21/android

I don't think those of use with a physical keyboard will be missing out on much, although the clipboard function would be quite handy, Ctrl+V is just as easy.
    pooyam likes this.
    06-20-17 09:59 AM
    I would prefer on-screen navigation buttons since you can hide them when you don't want them (settings). Simply flicking away from the bottom edge will bring them up. It would actually provide more screen real-estate than the physical / touch buttons. I'm honestly surprised as to why BB and TCL didn't go that route. Maybe they couldn't find a proper physical screen / resolution that would work?
    06-20-17 11:35 AM
    I'm used to them now. The hidden ones on most other androids were always weird to me because I didn't know what tapping right or left under the display did. having clearly marked icons visible at all time has really helped me
    06-20-17 12:13 PM
    I'm honestly surprised as to why BB and TCL didn't go that route.
    Imagine turning the KEYone to landscape and having the virtual navbar taking up almost 1cm of screen. I think that was the main reason to make the buttons physical. And probably as a nod to the toolbelt.
    06-20-17 12:13 PM
    Imagine turning the KEYone to landscape and having the virtual navbar taking up almost 1cm of screen. I think that was the main reason to make the buttons physical. And probably as a nod to the toolbelt.
    While watching videos and playing games, these buttons slide away. You can also adjust the settings to hide the nav bar at all times, and slide away from the bottom when you want it. I had this setting on all of my phones that had the on-screen nav keys. That's a pretty poor excuse if they used that.

The whole purpose of the on-screen nav keys is to create more screen real-estate. Not take it away.
    06-20-17 12:18 PM
    My main issue with the soft buttons as currently implemented is mistakingly pressing them, especially with BB's flick typing. They also reduce the "work without looking at the screen" capability of the phone. Same thing will be with on-screen buttons, no difference there. My vote was physical especially with call buttons.
    06-20-17 07:14 PM
    I prefer no buttons at all! Gesture based navigation is the best!
    06-21-17 08:04 AM
    I would prefer on-screen navigation buttons since you can hide them when you don't want them (settings). Simply flicking away from the bottom edge will bring them up. It would actually provide more screen real-estate than the physical / touch buttons. I'm honestly surprised as to why BB and TCL didn't go that route. Maybe they couldn't find a proper physical screen / resolution that would work?

Is there a phone that has this feature?

I do prefer the back button on the right because I use my right and it is slightly more convenient. I seem to recall that my 9900 had this feature on the right.
    06-21-17 06:53 PM
    Is there a phone that has this feature?

I do prefer the back button on the right because I use my right and it is slightly more convenient. I seem to recall that my 9900 had this feature on the right.
    Any android phone that doesn't have the soft touch keys like the KeyOne, or hardware keys like the Samsung Galaxy S Active series. None have a pkb though.
    06-21-17 08:02 PM
    I like it the way it is on the KEYone.
    06-22-17 03:51 AM
    I prefer the traditional call /end buttons with the BB Key center and we'll above the pkb! Been havissues scrolling or typing fingers accidentally touching the kes causing the window to float!
    pooyam likes this.
    06-22-17 07:18 AM
    I like it the way it is on the KEYone.
    Care to elaborate? Why do you prefer this to on-screen or physical?
    06-22-17 05:34 PM
    Lots of views, too few votes. nevertheless looks like we remain loyal to the physical way of doing things
    06-26-17 05:39 PM
    I prefer the back button to be on the right and the open apps button to be on the left.

Posted via CB10
    Yes well everyone used to slam Samsung for that set up saying they were backwards.

Because nearly all androids have it the other way.

To me it makes no difference, you just used to it loll

That's all it is, muscle memory and preference really
    06-26-17 05:44 PM
    The LG G6 has this ability to rearrange the buttons and even add others (up to 5). Useful one is a button for dropping down the notifications tray.
    06-26-17 05:51 PM
    The LG G6 has this ability to rearrange the buttons and even add others (up to 5). Useful one is a button for dropping down the notifications tray.
    Is there option for a call pick up/drop button?
    06-26-17 10:03 PM
    Yes well everyone used to slam Samsung for that set up saying they were backwards.

Because nearly all androids have it the other way.

To me it makes no difference, you just used to it loll

That's all it is, muscle memory and preference really
    No, my BB900 had a back button on the right. My Nexus on the left. Samsung on the right. Not a big deal. Just my preference.
    06-28-17 06:03 PM