So I had all my music, photos, and videos on my Passport on the SD card. I have a bunch of photos folders.

When I put my SD card into the K1, it didn't automatically create a directory tree for photos, videos, music, documents. I'm not sure how Android self organizes these things. I want to transfer all my stuff over but I'm just not sure how to arrange the file system. Can anyone help me out here?
    06-03-17 07:40 PM
    Putting all those folders in the main drive of SD card should be fine. Done that with every SD card I've ever used on my phones
    Last edited by megafan2000; 06-03-17 at 07:55 PM.
    06-03-17 07:43 PM
    So I had all my music, photos, and videos on my Passport on the SD card. I have a bunch of photos folders.

When I put my SD card into the K1, it didn't automatically create a directory tree for photos, videos, music, documents. I'm not sure how Android self organizes these things. I want to transfer all my stuff over but I'm just not sure how to arrange the file system. Can anyone help me out here?
    Download a file manager and you can create folders and move files around. I use Asus file manager as it seems to be the simplest looking and most user friendly I have tried. Also, piktures app which is a great photo app that I prefer over Google photos.
    06-03-17 07:47 PM

Use a file manager like Solid Explorer or ASUS File Manager to help organize your files.

Create your own SD card folders for Photos, Music, Video, etc., then use the settings for you camera, music, and video apps to point them to those locations or just the SD card. The camera app should automatically create it's own DCIM folder.

Android scans all your folders for media and should find your SD card media files.

As you configure your apps to default to your SD card, you'll see Android / data and Android / media folders created on your SD card automatically.
    06-03-17 07:56 PM