Sort of occurred to me earlier today... But what is the point of the Android buttons on the KEYone?

Couldn't the functions Back, Home, Menu have been incorporated in the keyboard itself? The two shift keys and space bar seem kind of obvious stand-ins for these buttons.

Thoughts?
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-07-17 06:50 PM
    I agree.

In fact, look at the Samsung keyboard:

https://www.sammobile.com/wp-content...3/SAM_4972.jpg

The Samsung keyboard cover for Galaxy S intrigues me. It may not be my Bold keyboard, but it's clear Samsung put some thought into that whole thing. Find a video on Youtube.

And then there's my LG V10, where those buttons are on-screen and software-driven. They can disappear as needed, and I can have not just three static buttons--I can have up to FIVE buttons there, and I can arrange them as I see fit. That's part of LG's skin. One of those buttons can be an arrow to pull down the notification tray; I use that all the time.

So TCL could have given that space over to screen real estate as needed, had they made those buttons like LG did.

Either way, there's no reason for hard-coded buttons in that space.
    05-07-17 07:22 PM
    Great response! Thank you.
    05-07-17 08:10 PM
    Its BBMo's first keyboarded device, hoping they would integrate those buttons on the keyboard for the KEYtwo.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 08:14 PM
    I'd be more excited if they just replaced the onscreen keys with a physical toolbelt. It's the perfect opportunity to bring back some classic BlackBerry flare.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-07-17 10:10 PM
    Not gonna happen guys. It's part of a deal with Google that the 3 soft key must be on in every piece of hardware that run android
    05-07-17 11:21 PM
    Not gonna happen guys. It's part of a deal with Google that the 3 soft key must be on in every piece of hardware that run android
    This

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    05-08-17 02:54 AM
    But go back to my LG comment. LG makes them on-screen, and doesn't fix them.

And for that matter, Samsung managed to get around that "requirement" with their PKB.

So: no, they could have done something else than what they did.
    05-08-17 05:07 AM