Anyone here with Android auto?

After the update today it won't detect the phone plugged into the car. It'll charge and that's it.

The android auto symbol lights up but says I need to plug in when I hit it.

Driving a 2018 Chev Sonic.

Anyone else having issues?
    08-15-18 06:06 PM

After the update today it won't detect the phone plugged into the car. It'll charge and that's it.

You may need to go to Android Auto on your phone > Settings > Connected Cars > Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner > Forget all cars. Try again.
    08-15-18 06:14 PM
    so I have been beta testing for oreo and auto hasn't been working for a few weeks now, plug it in directly and sometimes the car screen catches it but mostly it stays blank. one work around that a few of us have tried is start android auto on you phone first and plan your route, then plug the phone to your car and it should work. Best we can do as yet, still no word of fix
    08-15-18 06:48 PM
    I'm not even using AA for the map. I use it to easily use my music apps.

Though I'll try these suggestions tomorrow!
    08-15-18 06:55 PM
    android auto works fine in my 2017 Silverado with Oreo 8.1 installed. The only new thing I don't like is to do the initial boot up I have to be in park or the park brake has to be on. then it runs fine while driving.

luckily GM allows me to slightly push the park brake manually while driving without actually engaging the rear brakes
    08-16-18 03:53 AM
    So to close the loop on this and provide an update...

The issue persisted until this morning. I had uninstalled Android Auto and all of my music apps on the device (Spotify, and disabled Google Music). Reinstalled Android Auto, then Spotify.

Seems to work without crashing every time I try to access Spotify from Android Auto on my car.

I had tried that 'Forget all cars' thing, but the issue kept coming up. So not sure if it just resolved itself or what. All is well now!
    keefrto likes this.
    08-17-18 09:21 AM
    I will try that as well
    08-17-18 10:18 AM

The issue persisted until this morning. I had uninstalled Android Auto and all of my music apps on the device (Spotify, and disabled Google Music). Reinstalled Android Auto, then Spotify.

Seems to work without crashing every time I try to access Spotify from Android Auto on my car.

I had tried that 'Forget all cars' thing, but the issue kept coming up. So not sure if it just resolved itself or what. All is well now!
    Super strange, but glad it's working now!
    08-17-18 10:25 AM

I'm going to try this. After Oreo update, Android Auto couldn't see any of my music apps. I'll report back.
    08-17-18 12:20 PM
    I'm going to try this. After Oreo update, Android Auto couldn't see any of my music apps. I'll report back.
    I should have added, though, that I did keep Google Music disabled. I only have Spotify on my phone.

Android Auto was giving me all sorts of grief since the update. Was glad it started working today. I don't think AA had an update either since the Oreo release so either whatever I did corrected it, or who knows what fixed it!
    08-17-18 12:23 PM
    nope didn't work for me
    08-18-18 10:20 AM
    I should have added, though, that I did keep Google Music disabled. I only have Spotify on my phone.

Android Auto was giving me all sorts of grief since the update. Was glad it started working today. I don't think AA had an update either since the Oreo release so either whatever I did corrected it, or who knows what fixed it!
    This didn't work for me at all. I will wipe the device and start from scratch. Maybe something residual is left over from the update.
    08-18-18 10:26 AM
    Update:

I performed a complete factory reset. Started with a new phone setup. Downloaded my music apps (including Spotify). Logged into Spotify. Then downloaded Android Auto.

BOOM. It's all working now. For whatever reason, the update to Oreo did not work well for Android Auto. Fresh factory reset fixed it.

Happy again.
    FF22 and TrueNorth85 like this.
    08-18-18 09:04 PM
    Will try this.

My fix only worked for a few plug ins, then I was back to square one. Just waiting for a call from my carrier on an issue then will factory reset. Fingers crossed!!
    08-20-18 08:30 PM
    Boom. The factory reset worked. No issues!!!

Was a pain having to reset the phone and set it up again, but meh... worth it for Android Auto
    08-21-18 08:38 AM
    just got the Oreo update and android auto crashes/closes on launch
    08-23-18 06:49 PM
    solved my android auto problem by going to settings, system, reset options, reset app preferences
    08-24-18 09:55 PM
    Since Orea, Android Auto works fine except for the Waze app. I tried everything and had to resort to going back to Google Maps. Anyone else have this problem?
    08-24-18 10:19 PM
    yes I cannot get waze to work at all
    08-25-18 10:17 AM

try this

go into "power centre"

then select "manage automatic apps"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.

this means when you plug in your phone these apps will auto be ready to access in amazon auto. otherwise when you plug in your phone, unless you already have these apps running on your phone, you will get a blank screen in your car instead of google maps or other issues.
    08-26-18 08:25 AM
    Since Orea, Android Auto works fine except for the Waze app. I tried everything and had to resort to going back to Google Maps. Anyone else have this problem?
    same probably applies to your Waze app - check it is set to run automatically in power centre.
    08-26-18 08:26 AM
    tried everything above and still nothing works, I again will attempt to contact beta team
    08-26-18 02:26 PM
    try this

go into "power centre"

then select "manage automatic apps"

make sure google maps, spotify, whatsapp, andriod auto, amazon music are selected if on your list.

this means when you plug in your phone these apps will auto be ready to access in amazon auto. otherwise when you plug in your phone, unless you already have these apps running on your phone, you will get a blank screen in your car instead of google maps or other issues.
    All of those are selected to on.

It's hit and miss if Android Auto stays on. The factory reset worked for a few plug ins then the issue started again. It's weird. It's 50/50 if it stays on.
    08-26-18 08:00 PM
    update from BlackBerry beta test team to me, a fix will be rolled out in the September update
    08-28-18 06:43 PM
    I've now found it has stopped working fully with amazon music, this really has become flakey!
    08-29-18 07:46 AM
38 12