Hi guys.

Ok, K1 is great. But what about the OS improvements between Marshmallow and Nougat, BlackBerry versions?

It would be great to learn it thru somebody who knows and used already both.

I am more excited for Nougat than the K1 hardware (which I like a lot, though) as I am not a big fan of Android, still using the Priv as a second phone (Passport is my daily driver device) and I am always looking for OS improvements.

Thank you.

Giuseppe.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 02:01 AM
    The one advantage that stands out to me, KEYone vs a slab, is split screen mode. There, the PKB can be put to use, without taking any screen real estate up.
    03-03-17 06:42 AM
    there's probably more info on andriod central
    03-03-17 08:42 AM
    That's funny that this OS, Android 7.1 seems to look in direction of Windows Mobile as and inspiration. And by the way, if the major thing is security and productivity, for the western's part of the world a majority of blackberry'owner and future owners are windows's users. TCL must reserve a part of the next devices production, with a Windows Mobile OS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fs Laflamme; 03-03-17 at 11:16 AM.
    03-03-17 09:06 AM
    Do you mean what's different between what BlackBerry has added to this or just the differences between marshmallow and nougat?
    03-03-17 10:22 AM
    Well, yes, if Blackberry added something new in the Hub and its software, and if there are benefits on Android 7 for the Hub+ suite compared to marshmallow.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 10:28 AM
    Well, yes, if Blackberry added something new in the Hub and its software, and if there are benefits on Android 7 for the Hub+ suite compared to marshmallow.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes, I haven't been able to get my hands on the KEYone yet (extreme sadface ) and not much has leaked about any changes BlackBerry has done to the software.

I'd absolutely have to think they will be taking advantage of the multitasking abilities of nougat due to how well that lines up with the physical keyboard.
    03-03-17 10:45 AM