I have had a couple of silver KeyOne’s and was thinking about getting the all black AT&T version and having it unlocked for T Mobile. So I decided to go to the local AT&T corporate store and see if they had a live one on display I could look at and make up my mind if I like the looks of the all black device.

I arrive at the store and go in and walk around and there are plenty of Samsung and Apple displays and other smartphones on display, but no KeyOne. So I ask the salesperson if they carried the new Blackberry KeyOne, which she replied!!! We don’t sell Blackberry anymore!!!

As I pulled out my phone and brought up the AT&T website and showed her and the all black KeyOne was being offered by AT&T and her comment was misleading, to which she replied, sorry we don’t carry them anymore.

As a consumer I wasn’t surprised at her response because the brand is all but disappeared from the landscape here. But if I was Blackberry and was depending on the folks whom I have trusted to carry my product to not even acknowledge they exist!!

That is not good and just imagine if I was a customer who had his/her mind made up to buy the KeyOne and to be told they don’t even carry it when it’s an outright lie. Makes me wonder why the hell they would even let AT&T handle the KeyOne. Oh well.
    incognitoriderz likes this.
    10-26-17 01:43 PM
    Only on their website they have them
    10-26-17 01:50 PM
    The corporate-owned stores can order them for customers, but they don't stock them.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-26-17 01:57 PM
    The corporate-owned stores can order them for customers, but they don't stock them.

Even when I asked if they could order one, the response was we don’t carry Blackberry anymore.
    10-26-17 02:06 PM
    Well if you get one, you'll be first one to have at&t keyone! It makes you special and different from others!
    10-26-17 02:21 PM
    Well if you get one, you'll be first one to have at&t keyone! It makes you special and different from others!
    I had no such difficulty. I walked into my local corporate-owned AT&T store on launch day. My account manager ordered it for me in less than five minutes. His one request was that I have it shipped to the store so he could see it in person. There was a slight delay due to the item shipping from a warehouse that was affected by Hurricane Harvey, but it arrived three business days later.

The AT&T staff was impressed by the look and feel of the phone, though they all preferred glass slabs for watching video and gaming.

danatnr and megafan2000 like this.
    10-26-17 02:37 PM
    I had no such difficulty. I walked into my local corporate-owned AT&T store on launch day. My account manager ordered it for me in less than five minutes. His one request was that I have it shipped to the store so he could see it in person. There was a slight delay due to the item shipping from a warehouse that was affected by Hurricane Harvey, but it arrived three business days later.

The AT&T staff was impressed by the look and feel of the phone, though they all preferred glass slabs for watching video and gaming.

Thanks for supporting blackberry! Is this your first Android device? If you're coming from z10, it will feel little weird but you'll be fine.
    10-26-17 03:19 PM
    Deleted, posted response in wrong spot.
    10-26-17 09:11 PM
    Even when I asked if they could order one, the response was we don’t carry Blackberry anymore.
    I think that person was just uninformed. But as others have said, the phone is an online exclusive offer for AT&T customers. They are not carrying even models of it at the AT&T stores.
    10-26-17 11:51 PM
    I wrote a long rant about Best Buy too a few years ago. Nothing has changed since Priv days, almost all retail employees aren't up to date with new BlackBerry phones. Told me I wanted a shiny new Samsung. He probably wanted a shiner, too.
    10-26-17 11:57 PM
    Thanks for supporting blackberry! Is this your first Android device? If you're coming from z10, it will feel little weird but you'll be fine.
    No, it's my third Android device, and my second BlackBerry Android (Priv). But I still carry my Z10 as my daily driver because I prefer it over the Android phones. I use my KEYone for any Android apps I need, which means I use it 2-3 times a week!

10-27-17 08:19 AM
    No, it's my third Android device, and my second BlackBerry Android (Priv). But I still carry my Z10 as my daily driver because I prefer it over the Android phones. I use my KEYone for any Android apps I need, which means I use it 2-3 times a week!

Wonder why you are putting up with the Z10 and never bought the 30?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-17 08:31 AM
    I have had a couple of silver KeyOne’s and was thinking about getting the all black AT&T version and having it unlocked for T Mobile. So I decided to go to the local AT&T corporate store and see if they had a live one on display I could look at and make up my mind if I like the looks of the all black device.

I arrive at the store and go in and walk around and there are plenty of Samsung and Apple displays and other smartphones on display, but no KeyOne. So I ask the salesperson if they carried the new Blackberry KeyOne, which she replied!!! We don’t sell Blackberry anymore!!!

As I pulled out my phone and brought up the AT&T website and showed her and the all black KeyOne was being offered by AT&T and her comment was misleading, to which she replied, sorry we don’t carry them anymore.

As a consumer I wasn’t surprised at her response because the brand is all but disappeared from the landscape here. But if I was Blackberry and was depending on the folks whom I have trusted to carry my product to not even acknowledge they exist!!

That is not good and just imagine if I was a customer who had his/her mind made up to buy the KeyOne and to be told they don’t even carry it when it’s an outright lie. Makes me wonder why the hell they would even let AT&T handle the KeyOne. Oh well.
    What you experienced is what I like to call "smartphone prejudice." This has happened to me in both Verizon and AT&T stores when walking in and mention the "B" word. The reaction kinda goes like this...first a blank look which is quickly followed up by shock and disgust and then flagrant hostility with an emphasis on ending the interaction as soon as possible by any means. I think this is why both BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile ultimately decided to do most of their business through sellers other than major carrier network providers.

Seriously though, unless you run into a cell phone salesman who is a bit more even-tempered and open-minded, this is a common reaction. Most people don't even know that BlackBerry is still around when it comes to smart phones and that they're currently making handsets that run Android. It is what it is...we press on.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    10-27-17 08:37 AM
    Been complaining about this for years, I have a Q10 and would hate to have to order and turn on and find out I dont like then have to go back to refund and fight to get me old account setup again.
    10-28-17 07:51 AM