So, I was visiting my local AT&T corporate store, which has a great manager and sales team, and I mentioned to one of my favorite reps that I might have to jump to Sprint because I could get a new KEYone on an installment plan and still pay less per month than I do with AT&T.

His response was that AT&T would hate to lose me as a customer, but, if I do get the KEYone, to please drop by so he can play with it, because he really wants to get his hands on one.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-31-17 10:10 AM
    So, I was visiting my local AT&T corporate store, which has a great manager and sales team, and I mentioned to one of my favorite reps that I might have to jump to Sprint because I could get a new KEYone on an installment plan and still pay less per month than I do with AT&T.

His response was that AT&T would hate to lose me as a customer, but, if I do get the KEYone, to please drop by so he can play with it, because he really wants to get his hands on one.

If you pay for an unlocked KeyOne and register it on the AT&T network it will work flawlessly. As for price the big two are moving away from subsidies on phones. It allows for lower prices.
    07-31-17 10:28 AM
    If you pay for an unlocked KeyOne and register it on the AT&T network it will work flawlessly. As for price the big two are moving away from subsidies on phones. It allows for lower prices.
    Here is the cost breakdown for a KEYone and a Moto 4 (for my wife) for the next 18 months:

AT&T: $549 + $99 + 18*$140 = $3,168

Sprint: $122*18 = $2,196 (both phones included)

So, I pay an extra $1,000 over 18 months with AT&T. But it's actually worse than that, because I have to pay $650 of that up front.

That's not a minor difference. I can almost buy two additional unlocked KEYone phones with the money I save.

07-31-17 10:46 AM
    Here is the cost breakdown for a KEYone and a Moto 4 (for my wife) for the next 18 months:

AT&T: $549 + $99 + 18*$140 = $3,168

Sprint: $122*18 = $2,196 (both phones included)

So, I pay an extra $1,000 over 18 months with AT&T. But it's actually worse than that, because I have to pay $650 of that up front.

That's not a minor difference. I can almost buy two additional unlocked KEYone phones with the money I save.

Not at all, with all the new packages I find a new look always works. Hey if you can save that kind of money go get it. But at the same time just remember Sprint is not consumer friendly. In the end it's your choice and cash is king.
    07-31-17 11:03 AM
    I use cricket wireless and it's been great so far with my blackberry devices including Keyone.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-17 12:04 PM
    I use cricket wireless and it's been great so far with my blackberry devices including Keyone.
    Whose network does Cricket use? I know someone on AT&T who got a prepaid Cricket phone and number as a backup when he had trouble with his phone on AT&T and was waiting for a replacement.
    07-31-17 12:40 PM
    Whose network does Cricket use? I know someone on AT&T who got a prepaid Cricket phone and number as a backup when he had trouble with his phone on AT&T and was waiting for a replacement.
    Cricket wireless use at&t tower as well and owned by at&t.
    07-31-17 12:42 PM
    keep in mind with sprint you can not receive emails or use the browser while on a call outside of WiFi. deal breaker for me
    07-31-17 12:59 PM
    keep in mind with sprint you can not receive emails or use the browser while on a call outside of WiFi. deal breaker for me
    seriously? I know that old-school CDMA was like that, but I thought the addition of 4g LTE fixed that problem?
    07-31-17 01:09 PM
    I'm serious. Sprint only has two phones (low end) capable. The Keyone isn't one of them.
    07-31-17 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.on Sprint. I actually started another thread about that. The purpose of this thread was to highlight the AT&T corporate rep who was dying to get his hands on a KEYone.

07-31-17 01:56 PM