I just checked Amazon and the KEYone is out 1 to 2 Months shipping. You can't even make this up!
    06-01-17 10:56 AM
    Pretty clear TCL isn't even communicating to their "partners"....
    Mike-Mike and coffee-turtle like this.
    06-01-17 11:16 AM
    You gotta be joking? For all K1 devices or just the CDMA version?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:17 AM
    Pretty clear TCL isn't even communicating to their "partners"....
    Didn't they say they were working closely with them to resolve this just yesterday lol.
    06-01-17 11:18 AM
    I just put the KEYone on my waiting list on both Amazon and Best Buy. See which one gets restocked first.
    06-01-17 11:19 AM
    You gotta be joking? For all K1 devices or just the CDMA version?

Posted via CB10
    Did not say. For me how can TCL say the device will be available May 31st and in hours be out of stock? Then 1 to 2 Months out! PR nightmare and shows that this TCL is bush. Crackberry will be silent or spin this another way. Will this company even support the product?
    Last edited by Bfalcon1; 06-01-17 at 12:06 PM.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-01-17 11:24 AM
    I just put the KEYone on my waiting list on both Amazon and Best Buy. See which one gets restocked first.
    Maybe a trip to China would be faster. Sorry I forget the secret factory knock protocol. It sucks TCL could not manage a smooth launch for the BlackBerry KEYone. An epic failure even if the company was unsure of perceived demand converting to actual sales.
    bakron1 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-01-17 11:25 AM
    Maybe a trip to China would be faster. Sorry I forget the secret factory knock protocol. It sucks TCL could not manage a smooth launch for the BlackBerry KEYone. An epic failure even if the company was unsure of perceived demand converting to actual sales.
    Its fine with me to wait. I made the mistake of not taking the KEYone from BestBuy when I could have ordered it... so I am pacing myself for the wait.
    06-01-17 11:33 AM
    Wow just checked unlocked-mobiles and it shows June 2nd. So let's hope that's same case in US
    If not why not to order from them
    06-01-17 11:56 AM
    Its fine with me to wait. I made the mistake of not taking the KEYone from BestBuy when I could have ordered it... so I am pacing myself for the wait.
    Best Buy stating a month out too?
    06-01-17 12:02 PM
    I just checked Amazon and the KEYone is out 1 to 2 Months shipping. You can't even make this up!
    How many did they sell? 20? I'm so disgusted with BlackBerry. Total losers.
    06-01-17 12:02 PM
    What's sad is that folks who might have been thinking of getting the K1 are not going to wait two months for Amazon to restock.

Not good news for a product that was so hyped up, my concern is if TCL can't build enough units so satisfy a small niche market, are they going to be able to support the product long term?

I hope I wrong on all of this, but sadly this was not a good new product launch at all.
    bluesqueen23, drano, phuoc and 3 others like this.
    06-01-17 12:08 PM
    Best Buy just says sold out. So much for the launch.
    06-01-17 12:09 PM
    The GSM and CDMA versions are showing the "usually ships in 1 to 2 months" but I would take that with a grain of salt. In the comments on the CB news story about it being available on the 31st from Best Buy and Amazon a guy posted about an hour and a half ago that he just received shipping notification. I asked which version GSM or CDMA and haven't gotten a response yet. (Edit: he just replied and said he ordered GSM)

I bet GSM is shipping and CDMA is delayed...we haven't received any confirmation on the forums or comments of anyone getting a CDMA version have we?
    Last edited by tnewton3; 06-01-17 at 12:26 PM.
    trader69 likes this.
    06-01-17 12:11 PM
    How many did they sell? 20? I'm so disgusted with BlackBerry. Total losers.
    This seems to be Chen's tactic: offer an undisclosed, but likely small, amount of handsets initially just so they could say "X% of handsets sold on the first day".

What's interesting here is that we were allowed to actually buy this handset very early after "release" even though no more units remain in stock. Obviously, this will add to the hype and was likely intentional. Not sure about Best Buy, but Amazon allows for this sort of thing to happen. I do know that on Amazon, when you buy an item that is out of stock you are locked into that price if the price increases later when the product is back in stock--which does happen from time to time. So, you are not charged the difference. I seriously doubt the price of KEYone will go up, but it is certainly likely to go down. If that happens, would those who pulled the trigger also be locked into the $549 price? Or will they by credited by Amazon the difference? I'm thinking, probably not the latter.

Who knows what the actual in-store pricing will be if (or when) this handset hits the carriers, but judging by history I'd not be surprised if this handset does not go on sale in a month or two.

*edit to add: Correction; just got word from an Amazon CR that if the price drops within 7 days of the product having been shipped, they will refund the difference. This only applies to items sold and shipped by Amazon.
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 06-01-17 at 12:54 PM.
    06-01-17 12:37 PM
    My main gripe is that the whole signup for notification to preorder ended up being a total joke.. By the time the emails were sent out, the phone was already on 1-2 month backorder...

The entire launch is laughable and can be used by other companies going forward as to how to NOT conduct a new device launch..

I got mine from Selfridges 3 weeks ago but this is still a total disaster....

How was Amazon allowed to sell before the emails were sent? It's the wild-wild-west and TCL and BBMobile are clueless...
    06-01-17 12:40 PM
    ...we haven't received any confirmation on the forums or comments of anyone getting a CDMA version have we?
    I haven't seen any. What's interesting is that if you are getting the CDMA version, and you know the KEYone even exists, and you want this handset badly enough to buy at Minute One, chances are you are also a member of CrackBerry and/or Android Central.

Then again, Amazon is allowing up to 30 units to be sold to any one individual buyer. It is possible that only a handful of people bought the entire lot and are planning on reselling them for $1K or whatever in the near future.
    06-01-17 12:47 PM
    This seems to be Chen's tactic: offer an undisclosed, but likely small, amount of handsets initially just so they could say "X% of handsets sold on the first day".

What's interesting here is that we were allowed to actually buy this handset very early after "release" even though no more units remain in stock. Obviously, this will add to the hype and was likely intentional. Not sure about Best Buy, but Amazon allows for this sort of thing to happen. I do know that on Amazon, when you buy an item that is out of stock you are locked into that price if the price increases later when the product is back in stock--which does happen from time to time. So, you are not charged the difference. I seriously doubt the price of KEYone will go up, but it is certainly likely to go down. If that happens, would those who pulled the trigger also be locked into the $549 price? Or will they by credited by Amazon the difference? I'm thinking, probably not the latter.

Who knows what the actual in-store pricing will be if (or when) this handset hits the carriers, but judging by history I'd not be surprised if this handset does not go on sale in a month or two.
    Amazon will reduce the purchase price if not already billed or refund the difference depending on the time interval if you already paid and were billed.
    crucial bbq and kewlgirl73 like this.
    06-01-17 12:52 PM
    Crazy! As a person who always loved his BBs I guess I've gotten used to the fact that I have to use another device. Although I have always defended BB and loved BB10 as I think it was innovative with great features. I have friends that think I'm lnsane. Here is the issue, 6 months ago I would have bought K1 that day, this week I tried to buy K1 on the 30th. Guaranteed sale!! In 1,2,3 months down the road who knows. I've certainly already lost my excitement. I like new things. As I watch all the good reviews and read all the crackberry forums I'm guaranteed to see more and more issues along with great and not so great reviews. So all that I know is that I would have bought when first announcement and have been excited for the past month watching Every review, and tried to buy the day before "availability". In 2 months who knows where I will be. Nice job TCL/BB. Kudos on the exceeding expectations but crappy job on launch.
    06-01-17 12:57 PM
    Amazon will reduce the purchase price if not already billed or refund the difference depending on the time interval if you already paid and were billed.
    Right, just found that out.

Since you quoted my full post, and as an aside, the DTEK 50, DTEK 60, and KEYone are listed as being "by BlackBerry"; not TCL or BlackBerry Mobile.
    06-01-17 01:00 PM
    [QUOTE= How was Amazon allowed to sell before the emails were sent? It's the wild-wild-west and TCL and BBMobile are clueless...[/QUOTE]

Amazon selling the K1 on Tuesday afternoon the 30th??? That was something I don't understand how that was allowed to happen?? Should have never been allowed when the official release date was the 31st.
    06-01-17 01:26 PM
    I haven't seen any. What's interesting is that if you are getting the CDMA version, and you know the KEYone even exists, and you want this handset badly enough to buy at Minute One, chances are you are also a member of CrackBerry and/or Android Central.

Then again, Amazon is allowing up to 30 units to be sold to any one individual buyer. It is possible that only a handful of people bought the entire lot and are planning on reselling them for $1K or whatever in the near future.
    I think that GSM models were and are still becoming available while the CDMA variant is delayed and yet to be acknowledged that it is delayed. Amazon posting "usually ships in 1 to 2 months" is them covering their own asses as to not promise a device sooner than they think they can deliver. If someone orders and gets early they are only happy because it's early and they expected it to come later.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-01-17 01:28 PM
    Yes they did. Look at EBay! Stinks!
    06-01-17 01:30 PM
    Looks like at least one guy on Ebay got his hands on 30 of them
    06-01-17 01:38 PM
    My main gripe is that the whole signup for notification to preorder ended up being a total joke.. By the time the emails were sent out, the phone was already on 1-2 month backorder...
    I've signup for emails from AT&T and Verizon in the past for various phones. Every time, that phone that I was inquiring about, had already been purchased and used for more than 1 day when I got an email from a carrier about it. And some of the times I had bought the phone from the carrier in the store. I am obviously not surprised about the bbmobile signup either.
    C_McD likes this.
    06-01-17 01:40 PM
71 123